Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VIDEO] Starvault releases a borked patch, forgetting to add a zone (creating a huge void) causing

Comments

• davmac22davmac22 Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by cirsyndic

You can say many things about Maerlyn - he is a self-styled manipulator (albeit not that good at it) who threatened Henrik he'd leave if he didn't get an adequate paycheck and I got the logs from the horses mouth to prove it - but he isn't stupid enough to take the initiative on his own to order his volunteers to delete goodbye posts and criticism from the forums. That sort of stupidity comes from higher up; and the only thing it confirms is that the captain is panicking because the ship is sinking.

I want to see this, do you actually have these logs?

imageimageimage

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by davmac22

Originally posted by cirsyndic

You can say many things about Maerlyn - he is a self-styled manipulator (albeit not that good at it) who threatened Henrik he'd leave if he didn't get an adequate paycheck and I got the logs from the horses mouth to prove it - but he isn't stupid enough to take the initiative on his own to order his volunteers to delete goodbye posts and criticism from the forums. That sort of stupidity comes from higher up; and the only thing it confirms is that the captain is panicking because the ship is sinking.

I want to see this, do you actually have these logs?

Im sure Syndic has some logs that would make you cringe.

SV is a joke run by a bunch of inexperienced kids. They had a good vision and some good ideas but they simply were not skilled enough to get them into a game world. Their pride and stupidity caused them to promise the community IDEAS rather than REAL developed content. BIG FREAKIN MISTAKE. This game has gone backwards since the 3rd quarter of beta and now its spiraling out of control.  Tindrem anyone ? That was slated to be in game 2 weeks after launch as stated by Henrik, one of the many stupid promises that Idiot made when he should have just kept his mouth shut.

I (crypton) was banned from their forums the first time for calling Tizio a fanboy (which was all in fun and actully acknowledged by him as a joke) The I was banned for life for posting in a thread that was offering suggestions on how things could change and why they were so F'ed up My post was no wheres near what some of the people were posting yet they banned me.

I was on the shit list since I sent Henrik a PM suggesting they wipe the game server (due to it being tainted with multiple Keeps and houses bought by duped gold)  due to the fact the player base was so tiny. Then issue a statement that they were doing so to save the integrity of the game and their company due to so many available cheats. Since that PM I began getting infractions for the most ridiculous things until my ban forever.

The way I see it , since I paid 75 freakin dollars for a pile of crap Collectors edition, if this is the way they treat thier customers, fans, and dedicated beta testers they can kiss my ass and they do not deserve to succeed.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Although I don't personally like MO this is insane.  I mean I support the small company and give them credit for being bold and making a game like but stuff like this should just not happen.  Not even in a beta should a whole section of the world that players can access be left out.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by marchinorder

A few days ago, Starvault released a patch and forgot to add a city into the game.  This caused everyone that was located in the city that logged in to fall to their death and loose all of their gear.  Any post about this on the official forums has been instantly deleted.

Here is a video recorded by Godly, a member of Myrmidon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_j7EbVvn2I

What a pityfull game...

Originally posted by NetSage

Although I don't personally like MO this is insane.  I mean I support the small company and give them credit for being bold and making a game like but stuff like this should just not happen.  Not even in a beta should a whole section of the world that players can access be left out.

They fired a QA developer, I think that could have caused it.  I also heard they fired a patch text person.

imageimageimage

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by NetSage

They fired a QA developer, I think that could have caused it.  I also heard they fired a patch text person.

That was after the fact and SV didnt fire anyone.

I win!!! LOL@U

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

man I really wanted to like MO was coming on these forums to see if its worth buying, but there is no way I can suport a company as arrogant as Star Vault.

I like darkfall but I have such an odd issue with it and just cant like it.

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Hmm interresting, all the people that just joined this site on the 30th of last month. All of thier posts are bashing MO constantly to current day. I see alot of similarities in writing to those that were bashers of the game before it was released. Now granted, it is a crappy thing to be deleting posts about the happenings of this erased part of the game, but it is the mods of that site to make those decisions to take them out.

As for the new members to this site, welcome if you are truely new, but I think some of you are just wanting to fan the flames and try to cause more damage than you could when you were flaming the game before its release ( just click thier names and see what thier posts have been about ). Hats off to slapshot for not making a new account to voice his oppinion, I can atleast respect that.

I am still not sure if i want to give this game a whirl, but i will make up my own mind as the game matures.

Work hard Play Harder

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by bumfman

Hmm interresting, all the people that just joined this site on the 30th of last month. All of thier posts are bashing MO constantly to current day. I see alot of similarities in writing to those that were bashers of the game before it was released. Now granted, it is a crappy thing to be deleting posts about the happenings of this erased part of the game, but it is the mods of that site to make those decisions to take them out.

As for the new members to this site, welcome if you are truely new, but I think some of you are just wanting to fan the flames and try to cause more damage than you could when you were flaming the game before its release ( just click thier names and see what thier posts have been about ). Hats off to slapshot for not making a new account to voice his oppinion, I can atleast respect that.

I am still not sure if i want to give this game a whirl, but i will make up my own mind as the game matures.

It's pretty obvious why -- all their posts are getting deleted on the main forums, so they come here to actually discuss the mess that is Mortal Online.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

This game is so ridiculous.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by neodavie

This game is so ridiculous.

Many of us called this type of behavior months ago, and the problems that have plagued the game. It's not hard to see when you look at their ethical behavior in terms of ninja billing, their development process, and the rest. It's all been documented, so the results now should really come as no surprise.

• oramiooramio Member Posts: 121

Uhm, my posts mentioning game's buggy and not implemented parts are generally get deleted nowadays. (not all of them, but 3 out of 5 lets say). I am not a rage poster, and I don't like to troll, but even if my mild posts get deleted from SV's original forums, I think it is possible that some people are having perma ban issues. On the other hand, there are (were) definitely trolls on the MO forums constantly bashing the game and mentioning same thing again and again and calling developers and SV incompetent, bunch of kids etc. Well, if you are one of these, I don't find it inadequate that you get banned. If that's becouse of the missing city video, I find it a crazy action by SV though

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

I smell lawsuit in their near future

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

It's pretty obvious why -- all their posts are getting deleted on the main forums, so they come here to actually discuss the mess that is Mortal Online.

Ahhh welcome back HerculesSAS or should i say .... .. marchindorder ;)

Work hard Play Harder

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    [VIDEO] Starvault releases a borked patch, forgetting to add a zone (creating a huge void) causing everyone in the area to fall to their death.. Any post related to this on the official forums is deleted.. why is the title of this thread so damn long ?

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by cosy

[VIDEO] Starvault releases a borked patch, forgetting to add a zone (creating a huge void) causing everyone in the area to fall to their death.. Any post related to this on the official forums is deleted.. why is the title of this thread so damn long ?

I think you forgot to type a message?

imageimageimage

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by cosy

I think you forgot to type a message?

I highlighted his message :)

Well thanks, I should have actually read it! lol...

imageimageimage

Have the SV developers added this back into the game yet?

imageimageimage

Have the SV developers added this back into the game yet?

Does anyone know?  I might want to resub just to see it..........

imageimageimage

• iammatsiammats Member Posts: 3

this company is fucking pathetic

• iammatsiammats Member Posts: 3

r4trtgrewgtetgw3rtgerwgtretgretgregtrewgtertgewt4awthu5y7jki68kletuyjthdghbnfjfh

Originally posted by iammats

r4trtgrewgtetgw3rtgerwgtretgretgregtrewgtertgewt4awthu5y7jki68kletuyjthdghbnfjfh

Speak english please?

imageimageimage

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

This game and it's developers, every time I have a look at these forums it's always bad posts about it. Mod's that are on their forums all day instantly deleting any threads about it and not offering any support is sad. Anyone paying or playing this, quit now, there are BETTER games out there.

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Fan the Flames ? The game is an empty mess with hardly anoyone logging in whold you rather listen to a fanboy when you buy your next game or would you rather have the truth ?

I thought MMORPG forums were here to get the truth out about games so people could make educated decisions as to weather or not they want to buy a game . You go back and read the positive posts that contain no substance and then you read all the negative ones. I think you will come to an educated conclusion this game, its CEO, and the players left in it are involved in a dying game. If one person does not purchase this mess due to one of my posts then I have accomplished something. I tested the game from block A and bought a Limited Edition and was a fanboy until I started seeing the lies and the bullshit . That is all.

Originally posted by Ajmags

I thought MMORPG forums were here to get the truth out about games so people could make educated decisions as to weather or not they want to buy a game . You go back and read the positive posts that contain no substance and then you read all the negative ones. I think you will come to an educated conclusion this game, its CEO, and the players left in it are involved in a dying game. If one person does not purchase this mess due to one of my posts then I have accomplished something. I tested the game from block A and bought a Limited Edition and was a fanboy until I started seeing the lies and the bullshit . That is all.

Correct, the is the only place to talk about it as if you make any sort of negative criticising post on the main MO forums they close or delete the thread

imageimageimage