Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roma Victor: Four Exclusive Screenshots

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415
Roma Victor is an upcoming Roman-themed MMORPG from RedBedlam. The game features a wealth of innovative game designs, and an alternative to the monthly fee typically found in this genre. Below are four new screenshots the team has passed along.

Be sure to make your opinion known on their hype meter!

Thank you to Kerry and Nick at RedBedlam for providing us with these new screenshots. We encourage everyone to give some feedback in the comment thread linked below.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• GlamderingGlamdering Member Posts: 56

Redbedlam has finally turned on some of its high quality models image  bout time we see some of those high quality togas and character models, now we just need some screenshots with "everything on", looks like Redbedlam has finally started their advertising campaign (note the large amount of screenshots, noteably some exclusive ones, within the last month....more screenshots in one month than in the past half year!)

BTW I think you guys have an incorrect release date for the game, according to what Redbedlam has been telling us on the forums (and what their State of the World information says) May first (5/1/05) is the commercial TESTING begin date (not the commercial release date)  can any of you MMORPG guys verify this?

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295
    Commercial testing (open beta) will start sometime in May.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Is it just me or does the sky in the Roma Victor screenshots just make thing look ugly or makes everything have this ugly feel and ruins the look of everything else on the screen?

Or maybe it's just the textures in the background?

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

Looks to me that instead of keeping the horizon all sky like most games, they added a land texture to compensate for a lack of mountainous terrain (or low visibility range). They decided to add that to the texture so the ground wouldn't look so flat.

• GlamderingGlamdering Member Posts: 56

i'm guessing they put the horizon texture in to keep out too much distance terrain to keep the FPS low.

Also, the ground will not be empty and green if the options were all turned on, I've seen an "all on" screenshot (from last year) and it was very impressive (better than most we've seen in the past month) although they could improve on how their grass looks a bit...it still looks much better with everything turned on