Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fastest way to get sustainable subscription Via plex?

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hello,

Thinking about returning to eve but like the title says im trying to cut my subscription costs by buying plex with isk.

whats the best way to achieve this for a character with around 4mill sp? 

thanks in advance, mellkor.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

market trades and buy low sell high

• JDGalisJDGalis Member UncommonPosts: 143

Next in line after Trading would be salvaging. Learn to probe out mission runners & just salvage their wrecks. But if just trying to do only this,it'll be a workout.

Right next to that would be scamming. =x

-

JD.G

Introducing the best signature ever!

[signature] Best Signature [/signature]

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

I've made enough in a week scanning down wormholes, clearing sites and salvaging wrecks to pay for 3 months of playtime, but its not the easiest way necessarily and you might still need to do a bit more training. I was able to sustain my account with PLEX doing 4s but its slower and less interesting work with no chance of pvp.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by JDGalis

scamming. =x
    -

JD.G

yes just go for scams

BestSigEver :P

• lykkenlykken Member UncommonPosts: 97

The best way:

Learn of to scan for ships on the Tutorial (do all, will give 5x what you need for this)

- learn how to  t2 salvage. Time to train: 2 days, get a Battlecruiser + 2 days.  Toal: 4-5 Days at Training

Scan for wrenchs /ships  in local warp, and salvage the ships of a mission runner. They will hate you for it, but they will not attack you. 10-20 mil per H = 20-30h game time = Plex

And its fun... If you can handle the trash talk  

• liberalguyliberalguy Member UncommonPosts: 118

Originally posted by cosy

scamming. =x

-

JD.G

yes just go for scams

Create a female character with a name that has 'girl' (or gyrl, grrl, etc). Hang out in the NPC corp channel and when you see there are some people talking start complaining about how expensive the advanced learning skills are. Horny guys will shower you with isk. If you're good at it (not too obvious) you'll have enough to buy a plex within a week.

If you don't want to scam then do Planetary Interaction and make coolant. I have two accounts with PI trained characters and they pay for their accounts and then some every month.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by lykken

The best way:

Learn of to scan for ships on the Tutorial (do all, will give 5x what you need for this)

- learn how to  t2 salvage. Time to train: 2 days, get a Battlecruiser + 2 days.  Toal: 4-5 Days at Training

Scan for wrenchs /ships  in local warp, and salvage the ships of a mission runner. They will hate you for it, but they will not attack you. 10-20 mil per H = 20-30h game time = Plex

How 'bout just doing and salvaging your own missions instead? It's not really all that hard, and not only do you get the salvage and loot, but you also get the mission bounties/rewards. Supplement that with Planetary Interaction and throw in a little mining, you can make enough for plex easy. At least you can once you are able to do level 4 missions.

Plus, I wouldn't put it past someone to get angry enough to bring in an alt and make a suicide run on you, assuming it's in high sec. If it's in low sec...well, if they have the guts to mission in low sec, then they aren't going to think twice about trying to blow you to smithereens. Not to mention that odds are they'll not be alone in low sec.

• vajravvajrav Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by BarakIII

The best way:

How 'bout just doing and salvaging your own missions instead? It's not really all that hard, and not only do you get the salvage and loot, but you also get the mission bounties/rewards. Supplement that with Planetary Interaction and throw in a little mining, you can make enough for plex easy. At least you can once you are able to do level 4 missions.

Plus, I wouldn't put it past someone to get angry enough to bring in an alt and make a suicide run on you, assuming it's in high sec. If it's in low sec...well, if they have the guts to mission in low sec, then they aren't going to think twice about trying to blow you to smithereens.

I do a lot of ninja salvaging in high sec and I've never had a missions runner suicide gank me, because it's just not worth it. I fly a little Heron that I got from the tutorials fit  with a probe launcher and a salvager I. The other guy will always have a lot more to lose than I.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Plus, I wouldn't put it past someone to get angry enough to bring in an alt and make a suicide run on you, assuming it's in high sec. If it's in low sec...well, if they have the guts to mission in low sec, then they aren't going to think twice about trying to blow you to smithereens.

This is what I was thinking tbh. Repeatedly salvaging someones mission runs will end up in some form of reprisal sooner or later.

The fastest way to make enough money to cover your PLEX costs is via ways which assume you already have a significant amount of money in the first place. A scrub (not saying you are OP) will have dificulty successfully laying the markets/scamming/suicide bombing etc etc. Just build yourself up the mission scale, not too hard to run T4 missions, salvaging as you go along. After a bit of time you can try wormholes and other more profitable methods.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• BahemothBahemoth Member Posts: 126

most missioners wont suicide you... some of them will.. the smart ones will makesure they have a smartbomb fitted and are sitting on top of you when they suicide you

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by liberalguy

Originally posted by cosy

scamming. =x

-

JD.G

yes just go for scams

Create a female character with a name that has 'girl' (or gyrl, grrl, etc). Hang out in the NPC corp channel and when you see there are some people talking start complaining about how expensive the advanced learning skills are. Horny guys will shower you with isk. If you're good at it (not too obvious) you'll have enough to buy a plex within a week.

If you don't want to scam then do Planetary Interaction and make coolant. I have two accounts with PI trained characters and they pay for their accounts and then some every month.

LOL.

I think ill probably try some of the salvaging ideas people have suggested. Ive tried to salvage sleepers, but they eat me a alive :(

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

If you are a Prolevel 4 mission runner you dont use smartboms, I dare to say that 99.99 % that do level 4 missions dont. And no they will not risk a ship worth 1b - 30 Bil Isk to kill one that salavge your loot.

Yes, they may threaten you etc, bait you to pick up their loot (Then they can kill you without the Police killing them).  "Pros" whould just let you do it, even if they hate you for it.

My point is that you can Plex (play free) after just 5 days of training. 

Why dont do mission yourself?

- The reason is that you can fit a Battlecruiser just for Salvaging and NOT fighting giving you 30X faster than if you do it in a combat ship.  

- And when you are a noob your combat skills are not that great.

And YES... You do it until you can do level 4 missions your self, or wanna do other things in EVE.  and Play for Free

I

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Problem with your question is that most people jealously guard their ISK earning secrets because generally the  more people that engage in them, the lower the profit making potential goes.

I met someone just last night over in FE who still has 7 active EVE accounts which he pays for with PLEX.  His wallet contains 450B ISK and while he was willing to share how he made ISK in the past (with certain forms of industry and what not) he was not willing to give up what was currently making him great returns.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Problem with your question is that most people jealously guard their ISK earning secrets because generally the  more people that engage in them, the lower the profit making potential goes.

I met someone just last night over in FE who still has 7 active EVE accounts which he pays for with PLEX.  His wallet contains 450B ISK and while he was willing to share how he made ISK in the past (with certain forms of industry and what not) he was not willing to give up what was currently making him great returns.

Yes.... The only reason why I told  that is that I dont do it myself. In EVE money, (isk) is Power. You can play free, pay someone to kill a dude you dont like, or the hole corp if you dont like them. ++++++++

So, nobody will tell you how to get the ISK,

- But, there are many many many ways. But there is a catch to it, and that is you have to Think, and figure it out yourself. But, there are many hints out there. 

EVE is the only game where Crafting matters. On the other hand if you dont calculate what things cost etc. You may lose ISK, and some bastard like med will buy the ship  you spend days to build,  only to repossess it to minerals bc you failed at calculating the cost. On the other hand you can 200-300% you crafting to make ISK...

Or, and you can "work" as a researcher. Get a Research POS, (player own station) But, start of with the puplic ones first

etc etc......

And Nobody will tell you what to do, not even the Game itself...

If you are a Prolevel 4 mission runner you dont use smartboms, I dare to say that 99.99 % that do level 4 missions dont. And no they will not risk a ship worth 1b - 30 Bil Isk to kill one that salavge your loot.

Yes, they may threaten you etc, bait you to pick up their loot (Then they can kill you without the Police killing them).  "Pros" whould just let you do it, even if they hate you for it.

- The reason is that you can fit a Battlecruiser just for Salvaging and NOT fighting giving you 30X faster than if you do it in a combat ship.  

And YES... You do it until you can do level 4 missions your self, or wanna do other things in EVE.  and Play for Free

I

Actually, the pro mission runners will salvage as they go, leaving no room for someone to salvage their wrecks. They may leave loot behind, but not salvage. If someone comes along and tries to steal the loot, then they'll be flagged and the mission runner is free to kill them...usually with another ship from another account waiting for just such an opportunity to have a little pvp fun. Most of the long time Eve players have more than one account.

• StevieHmselfStevieHmself Member Posts: 134

Eve Online Holdem

Yup, play poker, just start with 28mill isk, then u win and have 50, then do a 54mill tourny and have 100, and keep going

Its the "Fastest" idk if it will work every time but i made 150mill today in about 45min

Playing EVE
    Played Darkfall, Played Wow,

I

Actually, the pro mission runners will salvage as they go, leaving no room for someone to salvage their wrecks. They may leave loot behind, but not salvage. If someone comes along and tries to steal the loot, then they'll be flagged and the mission runner is free to kill them...usually with another ship from another account waiting for just such an opportunity to have a little pvp fun. Most of the long time Eve players have more than one account.

Its not possible to salvage as fast as you kill. And Many dont even bother to loot :)

I

Its not possible to salvage as fast as you kill. And Many dont even bother to loot :)

And yet I somehow managed? Seriously, I just used a domi with 4 guns, 1 salvager, and 1 tractor and I could almost keep up with my kills. My drones did most of the work while I salvaged. The only time I fell behind was when there were a lot of frigates. Perhaps someone could salvage a few wrecks, but they wouldn't get many and it really wouldn't be worth their time.

Some find isk per h faster with not looting, or no salvaging. Some find isk per H better with doing so.  Its a personal preference

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Most of them will just warp out and let you deal with L4 rats in your tin-can destroyer.

Thats what I do anyway.   It usually gets rid of them, and warping back in a few minutes later and finding their wreck never gets old.  Sometimes you can actually ask a level 4 missioner if you can salvage his wrecks, and he might very well be ok with that if you split the profit w/ him(and he might not even ask that if he's feeling newbie charitable).  That will provide you with a steadier income stream, and he might even let you pilfer his bounties if he's feeling generous.  But asking is the important part.

Anyway, i'd think ninja salvaging would take  a lot of hours to pay for a PLEX.  It's certainly possible, but thats a lot of work.  But I guess that might be because I just don't have the time to play like I used to. 

Ultimately you want to work towards level 4s as soon as possible if you want to pay for PLEX in a reasonable amount of playtime.  I run L4s like 5-6 hours a week and I have plenty left over.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

how i pay for my main's account for free

1) i played it and payed for it for a while while i trained up skills

2) i got into a 0.0 alliance and began training for carriers

3) i form fleet with a corp member

4) the group member scans anomalies while i sit at a safe POS and read a book

5) i assign a buttload of fighters to partner

6) fighters and partner kill mobs, bounties flow like water

7) free eve account

edit: its not necessarily the best way, but it works and it's how i do it

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Train up for something like an Arbitrator and learn probing skills, then hang around mission hub stations and use a passive scanner and look for expensive fits.

It doesn't necessarily need to be faction high meta items can be far more valuable than T2, once you have your target try to find him and then probe his mission and invade it and start messing with his wrecks and try to annoy them with smack talk, this is the most difficult part and takes some social engineering but its possible.

Once the mission runner aggros you kill him and take his loot, even with non faction loot and T2 etc you can easily make 5-10m per drop and if you get a nice faction drop you can make 100s of millions but you can average 100m per hour easily.

The other option is suicide ganking, don't go for the obvious pipes as there is plenty of competition already and people are more careful so do some flying around and see if you can find a less obvious route people are using and then for the cost of a 30m ship and fittings you can bag a stupid amount of ISK just make sure the potential drop makes enough sense but don't ignore anything decent in the hopes of something better.

There are plenty of idiots who cram 300m plus into an untanked T1 hauler.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Originally posted by Garkan

Train up for something like an Arbitrator and learn probing skills, then hang around mission hub stations and use a passive scanner and look for expensive fits.

It doesn't necessarily need to be faction high meta items can be far more valuable than T2, once you have your target try to find him and then probe his mission and invade it and start messing with his wrecks and try to annoy them with smack talk, this is the most difficult part and takes some social engineering but its possible.

Once the mission runner aggros you kill him and take his loot, even with non faction loot and T2 etc you can easily make 5-10m per drop and if you get a nice faction drop you can make 100s of millions but you can average 100m per hour easily.

Good luck sporting enough of a gank to break a mission runners tank(especially beyond a T2 fit) when your character is only a few weeks old.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Originally posted by comerb

Originally posted by Garkan

Good luck sporting enough of a gank to break a mission runners tank(especially beyond a T2 fit) when your character is only a few weeks old.

Ever heard of one of these? 

Rumour has it that they turn a ships tank off and that the rats actually help you because they are shooting the guy who's tank has been turned off.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

I find it very difficult to steal in a game from real players. One of the reasons I cannot play EvE. I am not being a goody two shoes it is just that I have had things stolen from me in real life and I hate that feeling. May be if it is someone I hate in real life it would be easier. I know I got screwed up morals.

Chamber of Chains