Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Info from Massively!

2»

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Elikal

Cool, so you evilness or goodness becomes visible on you! I like that! :)

*flowers grow where he walks* ^^

At least one good thing to show how you're standing to the force is. But i'd rather see that you can change side till a certain threshold. Much like Anakin did before the dark side pulled him and how Luke was very tempted by the dark side before he went for the light side completely. As long a system like that is not implemented, I won't play SW:ToR

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by Malickie

Originally posted by tillamook

Well it's a cup of info, better than a trickle. The PvP stuff is interesting. I wonder if you can run around declared in any zone.

If that's the case all that would be missing would be VOD, Fight Club and Dread/Axis, and I'd have everything I loved about SWG :).

lol, BioWare would most likely ban them all for forum trash talk.

Was most of Bloodfin East coast? I kinda want to play a West coast server where I'm at, but also wouldn't mind kicking it with the rest of Bugfin.

YEah mostly east coast players from what I remember, interestingly enough I stopped by to browse digitalsurvivors.com last night, and it would seem there's a bloodfin guild in the works, made of both IMP and rebs. Mostly Fight, PL and axis members. I think ARS is putting something together for TOR as well.

Most of NDC is planing on playing, I think FOAD as well, and Aside' is playing with her guild. Might end up miixing up the guilds this time around since most of us don't want to bother running a guild. I think most of us are gonna be imp this time around.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Elikal

Ya know, the only story I have a very hard time to imagine is Sith. I mean, if you play evil, you want to get on top. You don't wanna be 23rd of the top. Or 4323rd of the top. You want ALL power. Or at least a seat in that Sith Council. But can you? I mean, how, with so many other Sith? How are they believably allow you to really get for it? For, how interesting can it be to be just another one of may for an evil Sith?

Or if you follow good? Can you? Can you be mercyful? Why then don't they just kill you? Or do they limit your choices, so you can not be nice?

That is the one concept of story I can not imagine to work atm. But maybe someone has a better idea?

Heh, I think it's a very darwinist, 'survival of the fittest' environment, where assassinations and murders by poisoning and other means happen all the time, and where people constantly try to find ways to  gain ranks by whatever means possible.

A comparable example how such societies can work is for example the mafia. Even when morality is less of an issue or members don't blink twice when killing or torturing people or do whatever it takes to satisfy their selfish needs, still there's a semblance of order.

You might have the largest gathering of cutthroats, stone cold killers and Machiavellinists with a ruthless ambition in an organisation, you'll still have some structure and some alpha dogs reining in the pack. That doesn't mean that murders and killings within such an organisation doesn't happen by their own people, or that they won't watch their own back constantly.

And an example of trying to be good or just in an evil environment, Schindler's List is a good example.

Anyway, I think the SW lore stated that the rule of 2 Sith, one master and one apprentice, was a direct result of the situation that there came a time that the infighting became that intense that the Sith cult crumbled because of it.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

This sounds all good and dandy.. However isn't this just Dragon Age dressed in a Star Wars skin with online multiplay to justify charging people $15 a month?  More and more of what I'm reading, which isn't much because Bioware is pretty quiet about most of the details of the game, it's sounding more like an instanced lobby game, then an open world MMO..  How much of this game is actually open world, meaning if I'm doing a quest or traveling the countryside will I be running into other players regularly?   If one is playing a bounty hunter,, Shouldn't I be competing against other players for the same target?   What are the odds that I'll be in an open world fight, and a stranger comes out of nowhere and helps me????

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Most of NDC is planing on playing, I think FOAD as well, and Aside' is playing with her guild. Might end up miixing up the guilds this time around since most of us don't want to bother running a guild. I think most of us are gonna be imp this time around.

Nice, it's good to see so many from 'fin are going to be around. Aside was valor wasn't she, or am I wrong?

It's a safe bet either way to say that most it not all of these peeps will be happy if has good PVP, me included.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Nice, it's good to see so many from 'fin are going to be around. Aside was valor wasn't she, or am I wrong?

It's a safe bet either way to say that most it not all of these peeps will be happy if has good PVP, me included.

I remember now, it was JKO. Both her and her boyfriend (now husband) played together. Both are looking forward to TOR,. She said her and a lot of Bloodfiners have been playing Guild Wars. Most likely for the PvP. If this game has a decent PvP system, it could draw lots in.

I've been in and out of Aion myself, but the PvP in that game is just meh, and unbalanced. If  TOR really does have some areas, (battle grounds) where players can choose to be on equal grounds, or you can run around declared like in SWG, this might be one of the best PvP games around.

One of my major beefs on PvP servers is how when you are lower level your only choice is to duel players your own level, or just get ganked by higher level players. After a while being a glass beer bottle for an M-16 gets old. It would be nice to be equally competitive with people on battle fields and If you like getting owned at every turn and giving away faction points for your death, you can do that too. For me, I don't feel competitive until I have at least hit 25-30, in most games. In between, I always keep some running speed pots on hand, and know where the NPC guards are. xD

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Not sure how I feel about the visual on whether you are a good or bad guy. I found the halos lingering over my avatar in fable a bit much. Now the subtlety of the stance your character had in the KOTOR menu (dependent on light/dark) was awesome. An idle animation difference would be much less "tacky" in my opinion.
  • AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Rydeson

This sounds all good and dandy.. However isn't this just Dragon Age dressed in a Star Wars skin with online multiplay to justify charging people $15 a month?  More and more of what I'm reading, which isn't much because Bioware is pretty quiet about most of the details of the game, it's sounding more like an instanced lobby game, then an open world MMO..  How much of this game is actually open world, meaning if I'm doing a quest or traveling the countryside will I be running into other players regularly?   If one is playing a bounty hunter,, Shouldn't I be competing against other players for the same target?   What are the odds that I'll be in an open world fight, and a stranger comes out of nowhere and helps me????

This has already been answered so many times. Seriously, if you are too lazy to do any research on the game, don't post.

Also, KOTOR was around long before Dragon Age and the feature described in the OP was first in that game. Since this is the next game in that series, I can't imagine why anyone would be surprised it will also be in this one.