Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Imperial Agent Advanced Classes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Star Wars: The Old Republic site has been updated with a new video and information about the advanced classes for the Imperial Agent. The two Advanced Classes are Sniper and Operative. In addition to a neat video about the Imperial Agent ACs, there is information about the Rattataki companion, Kaliyo.

The Imperial Agent class delivers an experience unlike any other in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and this week, we’re excited to share new details that highlight what makes the Agent so unique.

Learn about the Agent’s Advanced Classes and the combat tactics they rely on. Specialize as a Sniper and leverage distance and concealment to get an edge on your enemies, or master stealth, surprise, and combat medicine to become a versatile and deadly Operative.

Read more here and check out the game play video by clicking the image below.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

Yay, first :p

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Hm, playing a role which is just a tool for the domination and wantoness of others? Nah... not interested. If I were to play Imperial I'd want to be Sith myself, not henchman of the Sith.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• IvaxIvax Member Posts: 18

Can't wait to start seeing some actual abilities and talents.. but the sniper is looking pretty interesting

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Elikal

Hm, playing a role which is just a tool for the domination and wantoness of others? Nah... not interested. If I were to play Imperial I'd want to be Sith myself, not henchman of the Sith.

Yeah why would anyone want to play 007 when they could be "M"...  /sarcasm_off

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I still sticking with Sith warrior first then maybe I'll roll an Imperial agent.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Sounds like the Imperial Agent is basically a Smuggler.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

That tiny energy shield thing that the guy hides behind has... to be the dorkiest thing I've ever seen put into a Star Wars title.

I mean seriously. Why is it so small? If you're going to have a ray shield thing, why not make it seven feet high and four feet wide?

"Oh! Hold on! Don't shoot! Let me get out my shield thingy and get down on my knees to hide behind it!"

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

That tiny energy shield thing that the guy hides behind has... to be the dorkiest thing I've ever seen put into a Star Wars title.

I mean seriously. Why is it so small? If you're going to have a ray shield thing, why not make it seven feet high and four feet wide?

"Oh! Hold on! Don't shoot! Let me get out my shield thingy and get down on my knees to hide behind it!"

I don't know of very many people wanting to shoot over a 7 foot wall.   Stabilizing yourself closer to the ground improves accuracy when firing a rifle, it also would minimize the attack area.

Just sayin'  

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I don't know of very many people wanting to shoot over a 7 foot wall.   Stabilizing yourself closer to the ground improves accuracy when firing a rifle, it also would minimize the attack area.

Just sayin'  

Because you'd lean around it.

Obviously.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Just sayin'  

Because you'd lean around it.

Obviously.

You think you could stabilize yourself, leaning around a corner, holding a sniper rifle?  It would leave an entire blind spot that isn't necessary when you *could* have a full view of everything in front of you with a shorter wall.  

It just doesn't make much sense why you would have a 7 foot high 4 foot wide wall built there, it would be more harmful then helpful for a sniper who's range of vision is one of their greatest strengths.

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by heartless

Sounds like the Imperial Agent is basically a Smuggler.

Essentially, at least that keeps things easy for balance purposes.  Meh, if I play this game I am definitely going to roll Smuggler/Agent barring the addition of some other cool class (that is not a force user because they don't interest me that much.)  But on the other hand, I'd like to see some skills first before I decide on what Advanced Class I want to go with.