Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information decrease a sign of GW2's release being pushed back?

2»

Comments

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

For those expecting a release date...

Close your eyes and imagine Anet is Blizzard, and think about how far ahead Blizz announces anything in stone. Now your expectations will be set.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by Xondar123

I think they "blew their wad" and released all the information they could on the game and now they have nothing left to reveal. Enjoy GW2 guys, cause now you've seen everything and know everything about the game.

Seriously,that's not everything.There's still a lot infos remaining such as what is beyond level 50,dungeons,all the PvP,End game.People seems to forget that Anet did a tremendous work to make these conventions great,so I think that it's normal that they are back to work to make sure the game is released as scheduled.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

I don't see any signs that points at Arenanet should have reason to push a release date, or the development schedule!

the redesign og sylvari and asura is properly not a huge thing in terms of workload, and its certainly not anything that should delay other areas in game development. And I do ekspect them to have a schedule that does have room far things like that happend.

The lack of important info lately i am much likely to ascribe to a change in how arenanet is dealing with hype!

Now that they have achived to be the most ekspectated game in development in this genre, they might set new goals. 

That could be a strategy that doesn't feed info to fans at same regular rate but instead looking for the next big push.

this is ofcause speculation as most things in this thread is!

• wardoxywardoxy Member UncommonPosts: 81

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

This is specualtion...

With the current hype, there is actually no need for more information right now to keep the game under peoples attention. The stream of information will pick up closer to release...

Just enjoy what you're doing now and let A-net finish the game.

Bazinga. That's how we get to get new info very fast! All down the hype for GW2 so they place new info to get it up again!

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

You see, this is why they always says "when its ready", because there is no way to know if the game is delayed or not =P

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by cyphers

Personally, I'm ok with the information flow that has been released so far regarding GW2.

I'm wondering though, for while we got quite a stream of information for a few months, with a Class revealed every month or so. When the last class has been revealed is quite while back now, more than 2 months already.

This combined with the extra work in redesigning the Asura and finishing designing the Norn, and that they were still figuring out how to handle underwater combat , makes me wonder if that isn't maybe the reason that the information flow has decreased: that there was so much extra work to be done that their internal deadline has been pushed back, and in the same way their information release has been adjusted to reflect that.

Anybody heard or read something about new Classes or anything new about release dates? I was curious, but couldn't find much about it at the GW2 Guru site.

"Guild Wars 2 release date: When it's finished. Guild Wars 2 is the largest project ArenaNet® has ever undertaken, and we want to make sure we take the time to do it right."

Anet has no release date, but some keep trying to give them one for some reason lol. You guys should chill and wait for them to assign one before you start talking about them having to push back their release date. 

Part of that whole "We aren't going to release information about anything unless we are positive we can follow through with it" kind of mantra they have. 

Well, they can't stick to "when its ready" forever.

Lack of information is most likely that they released so much in a short spell and created huge hype and people expect them to keep throwing out information. They can't give the whole game away otherwise theres no suprise for when you actually play it.

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

The internal information that's public has the game stipulated to late 2011 / 2012.

My guess is that Beta will come in the summer on 2011, not earlier.

Also the last interview with a dev was quite clear in stating that the game isn't near beta phase at this point.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

I think I read somewhere they are revamping the Sylvari appearances, so if there is any truth to the delay rumors, then I point to this being a reason.

• lazjenlazjen Member Posts: 17

I've only been following GW2 for a short time now, so I really couldn't tell how close it is to being released.  However, it's obvious that's a bit of time away given the bits that are missing (e.g. other races and professions for a start).

What surprises me though while watching a number of the videos out there is the amount of material (game content wise) available in multiple languages.  I would have thought that language variations would have been done closer to release, as if you need to change something, you have to change it in all languages.  Perhaps the multiple lanaguage support is not a big deal to these developers?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

What info do they have left?

-4 classes

-Crafting system

-WvWvW PvP details

-Contestant PvP

Anything else?

They build up the hype, they got everyone's attention, i bet that they'll start hyping again about 3 months before release...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The problem with releasing info before fully testing the game is if you have to change something after the info has been released people will basing there opinions on incorrect and out dated info.......that tends to make the company look like idiots.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RobertDinhRobertDinh Member Posts: 647

Basically there are still people hoping for something absurd like a spring or summer 2011 release. 

There are the slightly more realistic people hoping for fall 2011. 

Then there are the people who either have insider information or a lot of experience with the waiting game in this genre who pretty much realize 2012 is going to be likely. 

As the months pass the hopes of the wishful thinkers will slowly die down as their timeframes are passed and they will fall into line with the others. 

• Elox1Elox1 Member Posts: 211

I'm leaning towards a Q3/4 2011 release most likely.  It will be interesting to see if this comes out before or after Diablo 3.  Time will tell.

D3 has released more class information, but somehow I feel that GW2 might be closer to release.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

I may be wrong here, but didn't they change community managers recently? Not due to layoffs or anything bad, just a general rework.

Also doesn't this usually foretell 'rushing' more often than 'slowing down' in the mmorpg industry?

• dutchdud3dutchdud3 Member Posts: 1

I still think It will be out in 2011 somewhere around Q2. Oh, and I saw this on feliciaday twitter where somebody was asking her what voice work she was doing:

"Rock of the Dead and Fallout: New Vegas. I'm gonna be doing Guild Wars 2 more later too, that's out next year I think (not sure)"

I suppose that means that not even all of the voice work is done for the game atm.

Edit, haha True, I mean 2011.

• TraylorTrashTraylorTrash Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by dutchdud3

I still think It will be out in 2010 somewhere around Q2. Oh, and I saw this on feliciaday twitter where somebody was asking her what voice work she was doing:

"Rock of the Dead and Fallout: New Vegas. I'm gonna be doing Guild Wars 2 more later too, that's out next year I think (not sure)"

I suppose that means that not even all of the voice work is done for the game atm.

seeing how we are already into Q4 of 2010 i'd say you were wrong

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Pretty hard to push back a release date that hasn't been announced.  Also they have stated that unless a feature is 100% complete and in game they do not announce it yet.  Therefore, maybe they have been working on finishing up dungeons (due to the flood of info on that lately) and are still at work on the rest of the classes.  Who knows?

Steam: Neph

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by TraylorTrash

Originally posted by dutchdud3

I still think It will be out in 2010 somewhere around Q2. Oh, and I saw this on feliciaday twitter where somebody was asking her what voice work she was doing:

seeing how we are already into Q4 of 2010 i'd say you were wrong

I think he meant 2011...