Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo like mmorpgs?

udinthrikudinthrik Member UncommonPosts: 73

I want to try all the diablo like mmorpgs. Im about to check out Dungeon runners but i doubt i will like it.

What other do you reccomend?

I tried to search but every single keyword returns no results, not sure whats going on.

Comments

• LongsnoutLongsnout Member Posts: 116

LinkRealms, currently in closed beta, but keep a track on it.

============================================================

Nobody is useless, he/she can still be used as a bad example.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

There are a few out there but I wouldn't recommend any of them.  Take a look at Warrior Epic and MUU if you want, but in my opinion they don't capture the Diablo style feel.

For games that come close try the Sacred series and Titan Quest series.  They aren't MMOs, but they are Diablo clones and should satiate your action RPG craving for a bit.

• udinthrikudinthrik Member UncommonPosts: 73

is there an english version of mu?

• SignoreSignore Member Posts: 127

Mu has quite the Private server pact following it, good amount english... but overall it isn't that great of a game...

• udinthrikudinthrik Member UncommonPosts: 73

i just tried dungeon runner. Holy crap it is terrible

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Longsnout

how in the hell is link realms ANYTHING like diablo? have you even played diablo? lol

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

The frist Lineage was diablo like.

• gimmeapennygimmeapenny Member Posts: 85

The closest MMO I can compare Diablo to is Guild Wars if you want to call that an MMO. Click controls if you want, screen pulled way back if you wish. The game is very comparable to a dungeon runner and each city is like a Diablo lobby but you can run around and interact with people and NPCs.

Playing: EVE
    and you better care

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by udinthrik

i just tried dungeon runner. Holy crap it is terrible

You'll probably feel this way about any Diablo esque MMO you play.  You are just better off sticking to the non-MMO Diablo clone options till Diablo 3 comes out.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Raiizen

how in the hell is link realms ANYTHING like diablo? have you even played diablo? lol

It shares it's Isometric  point of view, and PVP fun, but takes everything to a whole new level.

Unfortunately I missed out on the UO days, but apparently this could be the game to take that torch.

TBH didn't think it would be possible to enjoy a modern game in an Isometric point of view.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• tleytektleytek Member Posts: 107

Are you looking for a hack -n- slash mmo? I'd try warrior epic

• Jumper2kJumper2k Member UncommonPosts: 133

No MMO currently out captures the feel of D2, sorry. Nothing will compare.

Currently Playing: WoW (somewhat)
    Testing: None
    Played: WoW, CoV, AL, SWG, VC, EVE, SWToR

• mrkyleonlinemrkyleonline Member Posts: 46

Hmmm... Diablo is very unique... and it works well!  If you are looking for online stuff I would recommend registering an email account and going legit online.  If you're looking for a challenge try taking up hardcore mode!

And if you need a CD Key you can easily buy them at Gamestop.  It's like Speed Stick, it aint Expensive! :D

• NebulationNebulation Member Posts: 24

What about neverwinter nights 2?

• ZariusSKZariusSK Member Posts: 1

I think that very close to Diablo is Dungeon Siege 2 .  milions of good equipment and so on...

Really love that game try it .

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

It's not an mmo but they will release an mmo next year .. try Torchlight.

Torchlight is made by Blizzard North ex employees http://www.torchlightgame.com/ who as you will know made Diablo.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Battle of the Immortals is somewhat diablo like..

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by sibs4455

It's not an mmo but they will release an mmo next year .. try Torchlight.

Torchlight is made by Blizzard North ex employees http://www.torchlightgame.com/ who as you will know made Diablo.

Torchlight 2 (a multiplayer version of Torchlight) is coming out before the MMO.  I expect I will purchase that too, since Torchlight was such a cool game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

World of Warcraft is Diablo Online.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Originally posted by Nebulation

What about neverwinter nights 2?

Not hardly...

I'd say for right now there's not any TRUE Diablo like MMOs but soon

• InfalibleInfalible Member Posts: 204

The closest to Diablo in my opinion right now is Battle of the Immortals. Battle of the Immortals is not a good game however, and is plagued with bad content and poor design.

Battle of the Immortals 2 is being led by Travis Baldree - he developed Mythos, Torchlight and FATE (which are all hack 'n' slash games exactly like Diablo) - and it's due for release next year. There are also a group from Runic Games working on a Torchlight MMO, which is a very Diablo-esque game, and lots of the devs there actually worked on the original Diablo and Diablo 2.

Right now however, there isn't much out there that'll get you the experience you had in Diablo.

http://www.themmoquest.com - MMO commentary from an overly angry brit. OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91

Give Vindictus a shot. When I play it it reminds me a lot of Diablo. It's very "Dungeon Crawl" in nature. They only have 3 characters right now but they are releasing more as time goes on. 

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Keep an eye on Mytheon and Mythos.

• Mihai_HMihai_H Member Posts: 2
    Dudes.... pocket Legends.... Diablo style mmo on the iPad/iPhone/computer. Level 1-50 with Team play and pvp. There is always loads of peeps on and the first 2 zones 1-20 are free. It's the shit dog!

Mihai
  • rmasonrmason Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Longsnout

HAHAHAHA

link realms has been in beta for probably 3-4 years. It will never be released.