Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No multiple card support for this game.

ellisdtrailsellisdtrails Member Posts: 84

There is no multiple graphics card support for this game. I was reading a post on perpetumm that said the game does not support multiple cards but it uses memory from all available cards. That doesn't seem right. Why would a game's coding allow useage of memory from all cards when it doesn't support them?  Something seems terribly wrong there.

Comments

• mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

Hi RockNRolla from ingame in perpetuum. You finally got bored trying to troll players all day in ingame chat I see, the players turned against you so you decided to bring your trolling here instead.

Last night you ask for your ingame account to be deleted and hours later you appear here starting all this crap. It's quite obvious who you are now.

And don't try to deny it, you're complaining about the exact same things RockNRolla did. Trying to turn players away from perpetuum because of dumb issues like "perpetuum is using both my cards without multiple card support". OH NO, the horror, the horror.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

call me silly.. but how would one even notice the use of both card's ram if the game does not support crossfire/sli??

perhaps it just detects the extra video ram and not the actual split video cards?

• ellisdtrailsellisdtrails Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by mrmeloni

Hi RockNRolla from ingame in perpetuum. You finally got bored trying to troll players all day in ingame chat I see, the players turned against you so you decided to bring your trolling here instead.

Last night you ask for your ingame account to be deleted and hours later you appear here starting all this crap. It's quite obvious who you are now.

And don't try to deny it, you're complaining about the exact same things RockNRolla did. Trying to turn players away from perpetuum because of dumb issues like "perpetuum is using both my cards without multiple card support". OH NO, the horror, the horror.

I'm sorry I don't know him, but I do know that if it weren't for him this game would have went on destroying SSDs. A band-aid was slapped on the problem rather quickly so it isn't a real big deal. It should be noted on the game's site that the logging feature can and will constantly write to a HDD/SSD (unless disabled), possibly causing damage to the latter.  (small writes to a SSD will kill it over time)

I also noticed that he Brought up a pretty giant security flaw. The forum information that you use to register is the exact same information that is used to login to the game. That is pretty weak.

@ the poster who isn't sure how multiple cards work, I'm not sure what to tell you. I can tell you that anything (software) by these days standards from a browser up to games (other than perpetuum) should not be trying to use memory from the multiple gpus unless it has a reason to -IE SLi/crossfire.. it's just industry standards. yes, standards. I know...

If you'd like to monitor your cards activity, try MSI afterburner, evga precision or gpu-z to name a few off the top of my head.

/edit for clarity.

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

The reason for this is very simple: We don't have access to a multiple gfx card system so there's no way to optimize for that just yet. (Also DirectX and the divers should be doing that on their own so if we're doing things in a way that doesn't suit multiple gfx cards there's just no way for us to see yet, we'll get there in time)

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Wait for an SLI profile to hit or make your own? I don't see the big deal here O.o.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

cant you just disable it from running off the 2nd card?? or is it loading both cards even with the system disabling the 2nd card?

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Wait for an SLI profile to hit or make your own? I don't see the big deal here O.o.

Applying a driver side patch is not our idea of fixing a problem, especially when it only works for the nvidia crowd.

Originally posted by BoyC

Applying a driver side patch is not our idea of fixing a problem, especially when it only works for the nvidia crowd.

I was being broad as I was wide. As in, I meant Crossfire too.

Besides, SLI support is up to the video card manufacturers more than it is the game companies.

Or, if you don't want to wait, create your own profile. It's easy to do, you just edit a text file and save it.

Not familiar enough with Crossfire to tell you what you can do about it.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Tried that...I'm not new to the scene..

lemme see, Yeah still got it..

Originally posted by ellisdtrails

Tried that...I'm not new to the scene..

lemme see, Yeah still got it..

That won't work so well. Truth is, that's akin to "Hacking" SLI into the game. Without the proper hooks, you're outta luck. When a game is read into memory, it checks it against profiles that are bundled with your drivers. It then knows the best settings to get you the best possible frame rates. Without it, you're in some cases no better off than than if you were using 1 video card.

Also, SLI doesn't work the way you described in your first post. It doesn't matter if you have 3-way SLI configuration. If you have a 512MB video card, you have 512MB of ram, regardless of the number of identical video cards you have.

I.E Data stored in RAM in one card is stored in RAM on the other card. They don't "Share" ram. This is a common misconception about SLI and the biggest reasons people get burned in the end (Expecting a miracle when trying to run a game.)

imageimageimage

Of course Sli'd cards don't share ram. no matter if it's 2, 3, or 4 cards. But thanks. With this game it shouldn't even be trying to access the gpu mem on the second card, let alone the physX card. Something is very wrong.

/edit

was tested with multiple card soultions, just to be sure. trust me when I say, the bases were covered. It was mentioned to a Dev that the SLi profiles were kilobytes in size (created via SLi zone), but they didn't want to  really hear about it for some reason.

And, yes I know these guys don't exactly have money falling out of the sky at them.

Of course Sli'd cards don't share ram. no matter if it's 2, 3, or 4 cards. But thanks. With this game it shouldn't even be trying to access the gpu mem on the second card, let alone the physX card. Something is very wrong. 

Try disabling SLI for the time being. *shrug*.

imageimageimage
  • mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

You make a post linking to the new terraforming video but not without adding really awful music to the video first. Why would you do that? Because you're trolling the game.

You then reply to that post with an alt account pretending to be a gold farmer spammer who is going to "come to perpetuum soon" and offer cheap currency. Why would you do that? Because you're trolling the game.

This alone proves that you arn't just here to bring up beta issues but to troll the game and it looks like you're trying to make first time lookers think the worst of this game.

And why would you bring up beta issues here on this forum anyway, shouldn't they be brought up directly to the devs? Beta testing isn't flawless, that's why it's called beta testing. You just bring up every single issue you can come up with because your agenda is to make this game look bad to potential players. I think they can make a few open beta account and make up their own mind.

The biggest joke is that these issues arn't a problem for the majority of players.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There is no multiple graphics card support for this game. I was reading a post on perpetumm that said the game does not support multiple cards but it uses memory from all available cards. That doesn't seem right. Why would a game's coding allow useage of memory from all cards when it doesn't support them?  Something seems terribly wrong there.

It's using the memory for textures.  This keeps the cards from using your main memory for textures.  The more textures you have on your card, the faster they load and the less lag you have.

I don't think displaying the game on multiple monitors is supported or maybe it's the Eyefinity across 3 monitors with 180 degree viewing angle that isn't supported.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by lizardbones

It's using the memory for textures.  This keeps the cards from using your main memory for textures.  The more textures you have on your card, the faster they load and the less lag you have.

I don't think displaying the game on multiple monitors is supported or maybe it's the Eyefinity across 3 monitors with 180 degree viewing angle that isn't supported.

I run my rig with BGF gtx 260 MAXCORE x 2 with surround gaming enabled pumping out to three 23" wide screen monitors and I can display the game across all three monitors.

Originally posted by Gremrod

I run my rig with BGF gtx 260 MAXCORE x 2 with surround gaming enabled pumping out to three 23" wide screen monitors and I can display the game across all three monitors.

Sweet! care to post some in game screen-shot pr0n?  ;-)

Sweet! care to post some in game screen-shot pr0n?  ;-)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/gremrod/Perpetuum/three_monitory.jpg

This is one that I shrank down because a full screen is giant.

EXIF IFD0

* Picture Orientation {0x0112} = normal (1)

* Last Modified Date/Time {0x0132} = 2010:05:16 14:43:05

EXIF Sub IFD

* Image Width {0xA002} = 2760 pixels

* Image Height {0xA003} = 518 pixels

Could you post a more recent one, full size? pretty please!

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Nice! Also; Alien Legion rocks.

Originally posted by Irishoak

Nice! Also; Alien Legion rocks.

[Mod Edit]

A man with great taste! Yes Alien Legion does rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm fairly certain it doesn't work.

(hehe, yes I know I'm talking to a GM/Dev)

Is what you are doing enabled in the current game client?  i.e. If I had a decent rig, would I be able to run that?  I couldn't find the post that referenced the multi-monitor on the forums but I thought there was something on there saying it ~could~ work, it's just not ready for public consumption yet.  Or is it just that the Crossfire/SLI implentations are kind of borked?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

[Mod Edit]

So, something that was taken 6 months ago, and I ask for a newer updated pic, makes me a troll? or were you refering to someone else?

anyone could have taken that screen-shot and posted it, claiming it's theirs (of course it isn't looking at the PB account). I'm sorry, but I'd just like to see a current pic, especially if there were current updates to the graphics AFTER that pic was taken...

I'm fairly certain it doesn't work.

(hehe, yes I know I'm talking to a GM/Dev)

Is what you are doing enabled in the current game client?  i.e. If I had a decent rig, would I be able to run that?  I couldn't find the post that referenced the multi-monitor on the forums but I thought there was something on there saying it ~could~ work, it's just not ready for public consumption yet.  Or is it just that the Crossfire/SLI implentations are kind of borked?

Nothing in the game client as been done to support it. TBH, most games that dynamically read the rigs resolutions is all it needs to do. Some games that have not optimized there stuff for this, can get an fish eye effect. I use in Darkfall, EVE, Perpetuum, Bad Company 2 and they all have a bit of fish eye on the left and right monitors.

If you have two cards like Nvidia 200 + series cards they support surround gaming.

You enable the surround gaming in the Nvidia control panel and it sets up the resolutions for the surround gaming. All you need to do in any game after that is under the video options select the one of the surround gaming resolutions you want to run the game with.

That is it.

[Mod Edit]

So, something that was taken 6 months ago, and I ask for a newer updated pic, makes me a troll? or were you refering to someone else?

anyone could have taken that screen-shot and posted it, claiming it's theirs (of course it isn't looking at the PB account). I'm sorry, but I'd just like to see a current pic, especially if there were current updates to the graphics AFTER that pic was taken...

I am not at my gaming rig right now so I can't get a newer shot for you at the moment. I can later on tonight.

I am not at my gaming rig right now so I can't get a newer shot for you at the moment. I can later on tonight.

muchas gracias upon delivery!