Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sort of new and I feel lost.

Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Posted on the official forum on Nexon's site trying to get help. I'm on Tarloch and I feel like the only person on that server. Some ass on there gave me a nice warm welcome, Shows how good the community is already.

Anyways, I've been trying to get some help for hours. No one will reply to me or even help me.  I keep getting quests I can't complete. Like hunt 5 Black dire wolves. I get two hit by them each time. I have no chance. I've been asking in beginner but the only thing I see is gold spam. I'm level 14 and I'm stuck. I have no one to play it with, Nor can I find anyone. It feels empty. I went to Dunbarton and bought some new weapons, but that didn't help much with the wolves either. I have to do a dungeon and kill 1 giant spider. I can't even kill the small red ones in there by myself.

I love the game, Wish the community was better. :/

Comments

• sparkydinosparkydino Member Posts: 2

alright we'll im not on tarlach im on ruari so i dont know how the community on that server pretty much it's hit and miss some people are jerks other will help like myself as long as there not busy , the giant spider quest if you looked at the details is reccomended for people level 20 plus that could be some of the issue but the other issue is the battling system takes a long time to get used to ive been playing mabinogi for around 8 to 10 month and im level 530 total but i can assure you i did not dicover how to fight til i was around level 100 ish  now i dont have time to explain the whole battling system and how to use your skills to the max of your potential as again this game has a unique fighting system and takes a long time to get used to if u played other MMORPG's , BUT if you would like addition help or anything you are welcome to create a new account and join me on ruari server add me my user name is Xaden , make sure u use capital X and when u add me let me know that you are a person from mmorpg.com  thank you.

• DatarinDatarin Member CommonPosts: 164

I installed this game twice, played it twice in the space of after-the-hype and a few months ago, and in both cases, this.

So much this.

I'm convinced Mabinogi is a good game in concept, but the community is absolutely nonexistent or everyone just happens to have an Invisibility Cloak. Neither helps my image of the game.

I hope you get some friends and enjoy the game. Otherwise, just move to a different one, since I find almost all MMOs boring when there's nobody to hang out with ingame.

Forums: The best real-time interactive MMORPG you'll ever be in.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I played the european version last week and before I hit level5 I already had 8 friends on my list.

Everyone was nice and very helpfull. Infact, I think this game has the best comunity. (I played pretty much every game out there)

Sad to see this is not the case on the US servers.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

I've played tons of MMOs. Mabinogi is a extremely good game. I love it. I'm probably going to remake on a different server and see where it goes.

• sparkydinosparkydino Member Posts: 2

hmm idk on my server there is sually alot of people online at once only time there arnt alot of people is if its during school or night time the other cause of lack of people is that there are several channels depending on what sever you are on and some channels dont have alot of player on my server there are hundreds of people on though

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

It's normal to be 2 shotted by monsters in Mabinogi until your character is way up there in total levels. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the community though. When you get back on, look for a nice Guild to join. The stone things scattered around is Guild markers. Just put your application into one that seems right for you.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• unit0415unit0415 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Konner920

Posted on the official forum on Nexon's site trying to get help. I'm on Tarloch and I feel like the only person on that server. Some ass on there gave me a nice warm welcome, Shows how good the community is already.

Anyways, I've been trying to get some help for hours. No one will reply to me or even help me.  I keep getting quests I can't complete. Like hunt 5 Black dire wolves. I get two hit by them each time. I have no chance. I've been asking in beginner but the only thing I see is gold spam. I'm level 14 and I'm stuck. I have no one to play it with, Nor can I find anyone. It feels empty. I went to Dunbarton and bought some new weapons, but that didn't help much with the wolves either. I have to do a dungeon and kill 1 giant spider. I can't even kill the small red ones in there by myself.

I love the game, Wish the community was better. :/

Yeah the community in NA can be a bit.. >.> but that's with most mmorpgs i've tried anyway. A decent chunk of the players are immature so don't be offended. If you want help it's sometimes better to go find people that aren't sitting in the city.

If you haven't joined another server already, I would recommend not judging based entirely on what you find in the forums to pick a server.. i think most of the people on the forums are little kids who like to bash on other players.

I personally play on Ruairi, and have played since Open Beta, as long ago as that was. I actually haven't had any problems with many players yet. (Just a few who kept trying to steal my kills)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Well, I tried this game on EU, and it's the same. I played 3 days and hardly EVER meet anyone else. :/

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

I played on the Ruari server until Nexon released the Alexina server <.<

The idiots put a big flashing orange "NEW!!!" message by it in the server selection thing so all of the newbies go there ._.

So...Ruari has no newbies AT ALL -.-

Only veteran ass holes that sit around in town all day. It's impossible to make friends now...and NO ONE is in Tir Chonail, the human starting town.

The game's probably still fun...on the Alexina server...just sucks for people like me who spent over $100 on their account for other servers ._. not to mention the fact that my extremely high-leveled characters can't be carried over...and they took years to build -.-

The only thing keeping me from playing now is the fact that they may make another server some day and that'll leave Alexina dead too -.-