Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attention Game Designers/Developers

Thank you to those who have lent their time and talent. As for the rest of you, I'm sorry that you feel compelled to shoot down a project of which you no nothing. The project is not new, but information beyond vague descriptions has not been released. I don't run the company, and am only in charge of 2D / 3D animation. To those who felt like this is a scam, I'm sorry. This isn't the only forum on MMORPGs, nor the best, nor most important. This was simply an attempt to snatch any lingering talent to add to our Divisions. Perhaps you'll hear from us when we come closer to release.

Oh, and to the poster shooting down our voice feature, heres a few numbers:

According to Blizzard's customer sampling polls:

38 percent of its users utilize some form of third part voice client system.

According to Origin's figures 24 percent of it's UO users use the same.

In action games such as Counter-Strike: 73 percent of all players active at one time are utilizing a microphone.

There is a market for this, whether you personally are interested or not.

Comments

• gattm99gattm99 Member Posts: 85
    Sounds llike a scam to me
  • ThorongilThorongil Member Posts: 38

Spring 2007 release and they are just starting to hire?

This doesn't look realistic at all, unless we are looking for another unfinished game at release, and heaven knows the industry has too many such failures as it is.

The adventure is in the journey itself.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by JJacobo

in game actors (a staff of talented in-game voice actors will play the roles of certain characters 24/7 and moreso during game events),

LMAO. I'm sure these actors will remain at their mic stations for 24/7. Also, I take it that you are wanting people to do this for free. And a word of advice. General voice chat in an mmorpg is not wanted. It is one thing to see someone type, but then when you actually hear some 9 year old immature kid say "OMFG I PWN3D J00 N00B!" then all rp elements of any game will be lost. The idea of having to "speak" the incantations for spells is ridiculous. What happens if your mic breaks? You're screwed, you can't play, and then you are forced to dish out more $$$ for another.

Also, I hate to tell you, there are already games in development using the RT combat system. Yours wouldn't be the first. Back to the mic idea. Speaking commands is a horrible concept. Have you ever actually played a game that has this implemented? I'll give SOCOM for PS2 as an example. You try and say the command over and over and over. If there was background noise, then the game had a hard time making out the command. Still, at other times, the game just wouldn't even respond.

The idea of an interactive environment is in many games being developed. The idea of your example of climbing trees is being developed in another game as well (Sky and Beyond). Sorry to sound so harsh, but you come "presenting" an idea that has no basis at all. You obviously do not even seem to have a story lined out. And, as stated above, a Spring 2007 release and no one for staff? Looks like we will have another klunker on the market.

• SphinxterSphinxter Member Posts: 42

Wow, thats less than two years to release!!!!

What was that game called again that had less than two years of development?? Please remind me!

Oh yeah, it was PONG! image

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434

Yea.. this is Rediculous.

A poster with only 4 posts if so involved with an MMO that he is NEW to this site.

I am sorry but I would think that his involvement in the MMO industry in general should be a bit higher if he was in a role to hire people or fetch people for his "game"

It is something made up of what someone wants an MMO to be, and is now trying to hire people for the job to try and get it done. in 7 years.. impossible, 4-5 years.. maybe

Expect a 2010 Release for this (but I feel it is vaporware)

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Ok I want to give you some advice on how to achieve your goal (and it s free!!!!)

1: Set up a working website, before you adventure in the arena. Not really professional, is it?
    2: Well.............when you set up the website I will give you more tips

Seriously, I hope this is a hoax, cause it looks so fake mate.
    If you are serious, you need to rethink your method to hire people, cause in this way it feels like "slightly" unprofessional.

If you are really serious in doing the game I can give you a couple of links where you can hire professional game developers.

Good luck either with the hoax or with the game ::::28::

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434

ruccusproductions.com

Yea.. doens't even come up but a CGI folder.

Very sad indeed

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

[quote]Originally posted by JJacobo
    [b]Ruccus Productions, a film production company has recently begun commissioning work on a new MMORPG scheduled for a Spring 2007 release, and we are looking for a few good developers, concept artists, coders, and enviornment/character designers. While I cannot give out too many details regarding the game itself (for PR/CW reasons) I will give a brief sypnosis:
    Imagine a world in which you are able to become totally immersed. A world that is both beautiful and convincing, dynamic and purposeful, and full of a complete sense of freedom lacking from anything in the genre thusfar. Ruccus Productions, L.L.C. would like to invite you to partake on a project that will revolutionize the MMORPG and the online gaming world entirely. This ambitious project will feature: real-time combat action (no longer the hit point targeting system prevolent in MMORPGs), a fully functional voice system (you're able to communicate with other players by standing near them and speaking into your microphone which comes packaged with the retail game), a dynamic RPG storyline with speaking characters (characters can understand commands spoken with the mic and there are complex interactions reminiscent of traditional RPGS, a variety of different races and species each with unique gameplay dynamics (certain races can climb trees for example, and have entirely different goals, gameplay experiences as others), a new Voice-Cast system (As a caster, you must speak out the incantations into your microphone to correctly cast your spells), unique learnable languages (players of other races have their voices modified to sound like unique languages that may be learned, slowly making them sound corherent), playable instruments, a fully rendered world (any item may be held in your hands and interacted with), in game actors (a staff of talented in-game voice actors will play the roles of certain characters 24/7 and moreso during game events), a Dynamic game world (cities may choose to war against each other and with the aid of NPCs, can build catapaults, plan out city raids, destroy the walls and buildings of differing city structures, and on rare occasions summon huge beasts to march on enemy cities), and much more too numerous to reveal here.
    This project is a vision headed by artists, gaming professionals, and filmmakers, and we need all the help that we can get to break into this industry for a successful beta and retail release. This will be the game you always imagined but never got, where there is no clear goal. No traditional lvling system, no final items, only the freedom and interaction and story, and immersion never before attempted.
    If you think you have something to contribute to this project email me at [[email protected]] or send an email to the company at [[email protected]] (preferrably to me.) I will respond to all mail that I receive and if you have what it takes, (preferrably availble in L.A. not not exclusively) and can share in our vision then drop me a line and be a part of gaming history as we revolutionize the MMORPG.
    Currently we have developers from Ultima Online and Guild Wars involved with the project, but this is not an offer limited to those with tons of industry experience. We want good results, and we're willing to do contracts that will last the duration of the life of the MMORPG, something unprescedented in the industry. This is the perfect project to launch your career in concept art, modeling, animation, coding, etc.![/b][/quote]

Haha, that was a good laugh.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • AelrazAelraz Member UncommonPosts: 168
    OMG, that was funny. Its not that your girlfriend/wife hates your mmo:s already. Now she's gotta listen to your stupid in-game conversations and your spell vocalizing...great idea.
  • DrimacusDrimacus Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by Pangaea
    A poster with only 4 posts if so involved with an MMO that he is NEW to this site.

MMORPG.com isn't the only MMORPG website... and being new to the site means nothing either: the president of Turbine could make a new account here and announce a new game and he would have absolutely no credibility because of his post count? THAT, my friend, is ridiculous.

However, because of the nature of the post, yeah, this is ridiculous.