Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requirments for joining MMORPG staff

Comments

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342

no no no you got it all wrong, is admin = head gramp, djin is gramp djin, kt is gramp killer, and so on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    I should change my name to GrampDjin.  I would rule the MMORPG world!  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Staff

What will he do next?
    yeah that would b funny, also like make a special tag for the staff so they become staff gramps

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

How's that?  (Check sig)  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
    more like staff gramp

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Respect your elders boy!  GET ME SOME LEMONADE image

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

YES SIR GRAMP KILLER SIR! lol

hey gramps all of ya gramps, can you tell me a story about when you guys came to this here new world? and was livin off coon?

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79
    ROFL, gramps, lol!

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Username:

odinwise

Site Member

May 11, 2003

Last Login:

July 15, 2003

Total Posts:

Male 

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States

E-Mail:

ok i was just checking if we had a gramp wise, but we dont lo,l, 2 more years and your a gramp too! lol

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

hey why don´t the gramps tell us a story about when mmorpgs were played over a dial up and was top speeed :)

*me sits down*

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln

Well here's a little story...

It all started around 1995/1996.  It's when my trusty AMD 233MHz was top-of-the-line with my all mighty 2.1gig IBM HDD and my blazing fast Trident videocard (4 megs RAM!).  I was sitting back in my computer chair when my buddy and I found this game called Ultima Online.  Anyone who is anyone knows or have played the Ultima games.  So we thought we should sign up for the ALPHA/BETA stages of this new MMORPG.  We only had to be 16 years old to sign up,  and it cost $5 to get the CD mailed to you.

At that time a 600 meg game was very large.  It took about a hour to load with my 4x CD-ROM.  So my friend and I where networking our PCs together and using his super fast 28.8 modem (2.8k a sec downloads!).  We loaded it up... signed on...  *POOF*  My game crashed,  but!  his loaded.  As we sat there in suspense we finally logged on to the game.  We spent the next DAY on-line trying to play this game that was awesome.  Well...  it was about 4 years of playing UO.  I can also remember when UOX came out and you could cast spells on "last target" even if they where off screen.

I could get into this story more,  but I'm getting tired.  By the way...  my computer rocked back then!  I can remember when I bought a 3Dfx card (Voodoo1 from Orchid) from $400!  It had 8 megs of RAM!  Yeah!  Those where the good ol' days...  I can also remember playing LORD, USURPER, BRE, Trade Wars 2010 and others on a dialup BBS.  Admin might know what I'm talking about.

If you want to read the history of the BBS,  you should float on over here...

*EDIT*

I was just reading the history of the BBS,  and it says that LORD II was released in 1994.  I can remember when LORD (1988) was big.  So that means It must of been around 1992 or before when I started to get into the whole BBS thing.  Way before the "internet" was even here.  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

good story anyone else?

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln

• Trex2303Trex2303 Member Posts: 12

This post is only a year off  lol... but Ijust happen to be looking through some posts and thought I would post something here...

I seen some ages of 14, 15 and 23.

You all make me feel old... Im 26... image

If you cant hit the cue, then get off my table.

-------------------------------------------
    Its all about the cue. Ya gotta hit it to be in it

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I can think of 3 14s off the bat and I know there are many 18s.

imageKiamdeimage

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Who you people calling Gramps?

<chases everyone off with his cane>

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Admin

Staff members will need to meet the following minimum requirements:

Have ability to spend at least 10 hours per week at the site

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

10 hours?  That's all! image  I am here at least 2-3 hours a day! Maybe I should get out more!  21 hours a week on a single website! Oh what have I become! image

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

People can be split into two groups: arrays and vectors. Both hold data but one is more efficent than the other.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Everyone exceeds the minimum time requirements by at least a milestone. We're all workaholics. ;)

There are other requirements, like Admin said, that are not listed. A person needs to be able to work with a team- Kunou gimme me my stick back! -and possess excellent communication skills. Previous experience in the relative fields of work is a huge bonus. Also, in the end there has to be a need for another staff member - right now we're pretty much A.O.K. with the current staff. But don't worry! Later on me just might need someone like you.

Oh and by the way, you need to prove you are of at least 18 years of age before you can join the old timers. Just FYI!

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Well as far as I know me and Admin are tied for oldest staffer, and judging from your User Info Max you have absolutely no need for a cane, unless you lied about your age, and now a staffer wouldn't lie would he? ;) </snatches his cane back> Now bugger off you young wippersnapper before I teach you how to respect yer elders! ;)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

You don't need that cane, you already have that false leg! <snatches Kunou's cane back>

Nah, my age is perfect - I am neither young or an old fart. What does the saying go? Old enough to know better but young enough to do it again. ::::02::

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Originally posted by Kunou

Well as far as I know me and Admin are tied for oldest staffer.

Not even close, junior!

-----

Old timer.

Great, we are not going to have a tournament of the old farts are we? See who can most accurately spit in a spitoon? Cane dueling? Walker racing?

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

Man do I feel old now as I turn 25 next month image  image

People can be split into two groups: arrays and vectors. Both hold data but one is more efficent than the other.

Originally posted by Kunou
    Who you people calling Gramps?<chases everyone off with his cane>image

hehehe, gramps are basicaly the mods, or staff in the site, the head gramp is admin, i call them like that, because tehy are like gramps have great knowledge of mmropg, and have been in tthe world of mmorpg almost from the beggining, so there you go

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln

• UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    I understand why there is the 18 rule, I just wish that there was some sort of "Junior" staff that could be given to dedicated members under 18.  Obviously they wouldnt have nearly the same powers as a "Senior" Staff, but enough that they could control minor things.  Every good governement in history has had a huge tree of power, and those are the ones that last the longest.  But if you look at mmorpg.com you will see that there are only staff and members.  It may just be me, but personally I feel that an expansion of power would serve as a huge improvement to this site's moderation, as well as uniqueness. imageimageimage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

Originally posted by Uiruru
    I understand why there is the 18 rule, I just wish that there was some sort of "Junior" staff that could be given to dedicated members under 18.  Obviously they wouldnt have nearly the same powers as a "Senior" Staff, but enough that they could control minor things.  Every good governement in history has had a huge tree of power, and those are the ones that last the longest.  But if you look at mmorpg.com you will see that there are only staff and members.  It may just be me, but personally I feel that an expansion of power would serve as a huge improvement to this site's moderation, as well as uniqueness. imageimageimage

LOL.  The MMORPG.COM Kids Club...get a free toy with every meal! image image