Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casters and kiting

2»

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Not to be rude, but your fears make little if any sense whatsoever. That same video that explains how spellcasters move (if it was a video...I remember it being mentioned to but I don't quite remember where either) also explained why it was not an issue for meleers. First off, it wasn't a matter of 'most' spells could be cast on the move, but many. If you look at the MP values of spells (some are listed on the wiki already) some spells are low-key and meant to function as an auto-attack in place of an actual auto attack (in GW2, you ctrl click a skill to set it as an auto-attack, and the skill will relaunch everytime it's cast time is up). These are more than likely the ones you can cast on the move. I say 'more than likely' because no one actually knows just how many can be cast on the move except the people who've played at the conventions, and even they didn't have access to more than a small variety of what the game would have as a whole.

On top of that, in your own post you stated that you know people will be able to dodge and roll out of the way. So, in addition to people being able to roll out of the way of arrows and spells, meleers get the charge attacks you also mentioned. Plus the fact that the most powerful spells have cast times, and the Necromancer (one of the more powerful casters from the looks of it) has his/her greatest spells target the GROUND NOT THE PLAYER...and you think it's the meleers at a disadvantage?

It seems like players are given the information necessary to make accurate assumptions and they go out of their way despite this to create unfounded worries, purely as a means to create discussion. That's not just about GW2 either, it happens with most if not all games. Are people so bored they have to use fear to get people talking?

As for the person that stated ranged characters always dominate PvP, I recommend you give the first GW a try before assuming what the second one's pvp is going to be like. Pop into the game as a caster and watch how quickly you get ripped apart by a Dervish, Assassin or Warrior.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."