Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your prespectives about lineage3

124»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

When you hear people say things like grinding the same mobs over and over for 15 hours straight that tells you right there that this person has no idea what they are talking about. I am working on level 80 and I never spend more than 1-2 hours in any one xp spot. Its not even worth responding to the idiotic post that people make about these type of games. If you dont like then simply dont play it. None of us are in game wondering why you are not there. image

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Mannish

The hard part is getting money and finding ways to keep getting money. Lineage 2 is the only mmo I have ever played where you have to spend money just to play. Soul shots, ports and pots are an everyday expence that can make a person quit if the don't know how to make money. You don't get money from killing mobs and you don't get gear from doing quest and that's what makes the game hard. The grind is the easy part.

I had no problems with the xp grind but the money grind is what killed it for me.

If there was no money grind I would still be playing it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Mannish

The hard part is getting money and finding ways to keep getting money. Lineage 2 is the only mmo I have ever played where you have to spend money just to play. Soul shots, ports and pots are an everyday expence that can make a person quit if the don't know how to make money. You don't get money from killing mobs and you don't get gear from doing quest and that's what makes the game hard. The grind is the easy part.

I had no problems with the xp grind but the money grind is what killed it for me.

If there was no money grind I would still be playing it.

Yea, the money grind is tough but I can honestly say that everything in game now is super cheap compared to what is was. I remember I paid 150M for a DC Light set and now you can get one for 30-50M. I paid 400M for a Drac Set which now can be bought for 100M. I saw somebody selling a Dynasty Light set the other day for 125M. S Grade Soul Shots are down to 120-150 Adena each and they keep falling. It seems that they only stuff that cost extreme amounts of adena now are top gears like Vesper. If its the money grind that got to you I would recommend trying the game again for sure.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Did the prices come down because of the server mergers and a stronger population stabalizing the economy? or did they NC tinker with the economy some how?

The prices of spirit shots would about kill ya. Has the cost of grinding fallen enough that you can net a gain on grinding? If not what can a pre S grade do to make cash. Does AA still sell well?

All die, so die well.

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Did the prices come down because of the server mergers and a stronger population stabalizing the economy? or did they NC tinker with the economy some how?

The prices of spirit shots would about kill ya. Has the cost of grinding fallen enough that you can net a gain on grinding? If not what can a pre S grade do to make cash. Does AA still sell well?

I think the stronger population stabalizing the economy. For me I always try to make everyday the amount of money I spend on Soul Shots since thats really where your money goes. AA is still the #1 best way to make money in my opinion but grinding in catas everday can be very tedious. I did a test where I farmed a level 72 cata for a week and I think I made close to 30M Adena. The only reason I am not doing that now is that I am now using a Dark Element weapon and the mobs in Catas are mostly Dark Element so it would not be good for me to hunt there.

The easiest way I think to make some adena is farm forts for Knight Eps. You can farm a fort every 4 hours for 1 hour periods each time. During that 1 hour of farming you can make a few million adena if you get a nice group that can kill really fast. On Terriroty Weekends you can also use your points you get and buy codexes and sell them. Common Armor and Weapons can also be sold for some cash if you get some drops of those. I always say that the #1 most important thing that will give you success in Lineage 2 is to get in an active clan that groups and does alot of things together. If you are in a clan that does things like Raids, TW Wars and Fort Farms on a regular basis you will be fine. Did you use to play the Blade Dancer?

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Yeah, I got that blade dancer up to lvl 60 but I also have a lvl 42 elven elder that I was thinking to go back to. Sometimes it is nice to just follow folks around healing them when you really have no idea where to go anyway, though the blade dancer with the buffs was also pretty good for that.

But with respect to the EE, are spirit shots still crazy expensive compared to soul shots?

I think I went to a fort farm once but I don't remember seeing the knight epaulets drop but I do remember them being mentioned somewhere.

In the last few months I have been bouncing around various games seeing how things have been improved. Aion, WAR, EQ2, even WoW. Yes, even WoW. They have made good changes to the talent trees. But interestingly, it was WoW that got me thinking about Lineage 2 again. Of course WoW is now famous for leveling by way of solo quest grinding which is essentially the polar opposite of Lineage 2. But I found it interesting how many people now level up new toons, completely skipping the quests and instead, using the dungeon finder, level by grinding mobs and bosses in the instances. We did SM:graveyard 4 times and SM:Library 5 times, right back to back. The group leader kept requeueing the group and most just went along for the ride. It reminded me very much of finding a Cata group and grinding for 2 hours or so. I just find it amusing that some people will still dump on a game like L2 for being a grind and then head into WoW and run back to back heroics, or regular dungeons or back to back battlegrounds. Oh no, that's not a grind! Completely different. Nothing to see here, move along.

Of course, in this way WAR is very similar. Most people level up by doing scenarios and running around the ORvR areas with a random warband. And Aion is also similar in that people past about lv 30 are mostly leveling by doing instances over and over and over.

The grinding might be packaged differently and more or less of it might be required but it is not a bad way to occupy your time if it allows you to hang out with cool folks. In that regard, WoW suffers for having dungeon finder because forming the group is really too easy and you don't really meet these people. But over all, I think games might do well to look at providing ways to level by grinding simply as an option. Level by solo quests or level by group grinding. Having choices is always a good thing. But quite forcing people to play solo by providing only solo questing for leveling.

All die, so die well.