Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Star Trek Infinite Space Cinematic Trailer

2»

Comments

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

Originally posted by TwwIX

Where are the shields? This is Star Trek not Star Wars.

I thought the same thing when watching it. Made the whole trailer look kind of lame

• an0maly33an0maly33 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Fibsdk

I thought the same thing when watching it. Made the whole trailer look kind of lame

And yes, I also wondered why a single torp was taking down a starship.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

I don't know... This seems too good to be true. I'm cautious. They've also created that Terminator browser-based "mmog" and it sucks, gameplay-wise.

And, yeah: where the hell are those shields?? SCOTTY!!!

• Justley3Justley3 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by an0maly33

Signup button says you need to send a copy of drivers license or passport?  Anyone else feel a little apprehensive about that?

Nope why? Isn't the first game company to do such and sure it wont be the last.

Gamer-4-Life

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

well for one thing, I enjoy playing STO and I like it.  But after watching the trailer for this game i will say this one could be very interesting i mean just a browser game wow gotta say and look how good free realms is doing....  deff gonna keep an eye on this one also.

• i would pay to play if the game is like the trailer wow!!

• stevekr21stevekr21 Member Posts: 50

its the dominion wars all over again except different sides now.

• InvaderGUIInvaderGUI Member Posts: 62

Lol a cinimatic for a browser game? Just go play the Terminator Salvation browser game to see all the fun you wont be having.  Play for 10 minutes then have to wait an hour to play again. LAME!!!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

If it is not game footage then why on earth would it be interesting?

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Yamota

If it is not game footage then why on earth would it be interesting?

Perhaps because it shows the state of the art of CGI in the company in question? Or these days, the state of the art of the third party companies that make these videos? ^^ In any event, I'm always interested in them.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BowWakeBowWake Member Posts: 54

someone got a page from the George Lucas handbook:

Milk your IP for all it's worth, and never sign an exclusivity agreement with ANYONE

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

an F2P 3D browser game with an IP so time tested that the only thing that can kill it is time and the death of its fans...I am looking forward to how it works out and I will probably play it.  I want to know more, and not because it has a shiny cinimatic either.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Besttheiswow

wow this might be 100 times better then STO from cryptic...even played in a browser...

no it wont...

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by reanor

Originally posted by Besttheiswow

wow this might be 100 times better then STO from cryptic...even played in a browser...

no it wont...

101 times better?

200?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I will laugh my ass off if this game turns out better than STO. I hope it does lol, just for the luls if nothing else lol. 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

I will laugh my ass off if this game turns out better than STO. I hope it does lol, just for the luls if nothing else lol. 

Being better than STO doesn't seem to be setting the bar very high...

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by mmogawd

I know, but we are talking about a free to play browser game. Even a crappy MMO is generally better than a browser game. 

Originally posted by mmogawd

I know, but we are talking about a free to play browser game. Even a crappy MMO is generally better than a browser game. 

I think we can no longer just write off a game simply because it is played from a browser.  Is it quake3 or quakewars that is played from a browser?

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Interesting...

• ValetharValethar Member UncommonPosts: 16

If you think Star Wars had no shields, you don't know much about the IP.