Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to return to GW

IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

All,

I haven't played Guild Wars in YEARS.  I bought each of the first 3 expansions and kinda casually played them.   Today, I had an itch to scratch so I went out and picked up the complete collection.  (awesomely, for the same price as just the standalone Eyes of the North expansion)

So I load up the game, and it asked  for my username.  Type that in.  Password: check.  Character... uhhhhhh?  What?  So I type in the names of all of the toons I ever played on GW.  Nothing works.  So I'm thinking maybe my password.  So I reset my password.  Still not found.

I submitted a request and apparently NCSoft now handles that.  But my old account isn't under my NCSoft master account (does that make sense? at some point I assume they merged).  So my account name and my NCSoft master account are NOT the same apparently.  I logged under my NCSoft to check and there is no GW.

I have since typed up a support message.  How long does this normally take?  Would it just be better to use the complete collection key on the NCSoft master account?  Only thing that makes me wince is I had a decent amount of change (at the time), some good armor, and some rare pets (like the PC Gamer Asura pet).  I've been waiting patiently for a response and haven't heard back so I'm curious.

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Could take up to two weeks. Just be persistent.

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Well dont hold your breathe, I think from what you've describe the similar situation is happening with me.. however im just trying to find out my details with the CD Key I used etc etc, i've posted 5 tickets leaving two weeks period of eahch one untill the last one the gap being about a month. STILL they IGNORE it. thing is they replied to my very first e-mail!!!!!!! regarding my password and char info, so why the *** are tehy ignoring me its frustrating they shouldnt be allowed to choose to ignore a PAYING customer.!!

• Dev_NightsDev_Nights Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by akathos

Well dont hold your breathe, I think from what you've describe the similar situation is happening with me.. however im just trying to find out my details with the CD Key I used etc etc, i've posted 5 tickets leaving two weeks period of eahch one untill the last one the gap being about a month. STILL they IGNORE it. thing is they replied to my very first e-mail!!!!!!! regarding my password and char info, so why the *** are tehy ignoring me its frustrating they shouldnt be allowed to choose to ignore a PAYING customer.!!

Well I can understand your frustration. If you leave a nice message on Gaile Gray's talk page on the gw wiki explaining what has happened and that you have waited for over a month for a response she will usually bump the tickets improtance and help you out. One big thing to remember is politness costs nothing and is more likely to get you somewhere with your problem.

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

I have done alot of support requests with them recently reguarding guild wars. Mainly because my account for some reason gets blocked every like 2 months and I have to go thought support to reactivate it.

Every time I do it usally takes about 2-4 days, I had to do a character request for another account also and that took about the same amount of time. just reply to them as quickly as you can with as much info as you can and they usally get it sorted out.

I have to say this support system kinda sucks and would much prefer some sort of live chat.

Every response to what you say probably would take a day at least.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Dev_Nights

Well I can understand your frustration. If you leave a nice message on Gaile Gray's talk page on the gw wiki explaining what has happened and that you have waited for over a month for a response she will usually bump the tickets improtance and help you out. One big thing to remember is politness costs nothing and is more likely to get you somewhere with your problem.

Thats my problem in each of my requests, I have been extremely polite and just pointed out that I've sent several tickets with no reply being sent.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I just went through this last weekened. I installed the game on Saturday, put in my log-in information, and only then realized I needed a character name (which I could not recall). The self-service help suggested looking for screenshots saved to the Hard Drive, but I had long since formatted my machine, so that didn't help me.

I put in a ticket with the suggested formal (from their help web page), and by Saturday night I had a response with one of my character names. I tried it out Sunday morning and have been playing since.

I'm sorry to hear of your scenario, but I was EXTREMELY please with the overall service I received.

FYI... my account is not a master NCSoft account and uses my own email address as the account name. The reason I couldn't get my character name right is because you have to enter the first AND last name, which I should have recalled.

Best of luck!

• Dev_NightsDev_Nights Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Dev_Nights

Thats my problem in each of my requests, I have been extremely polite and just pointed out that I've sent several tickets with no reply being sent.

I can understand that you may have sent very formal tickets but the advice that I was trying to give was try leaving Gaile Gray a message on her Talk Page on the wiki. She may take a little time to respond but thats because she doesnt check her talk page that often. However, if she does check it, your problem will be investigated.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I actually posted another ticket to the main support yesterday, so it will be interesting to see when...sorry 'IF' they respond to that, if they don't I'll try out this wiki thing.

Ta mate