Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warrior or Paladin for a tank/dps. Which is better.

I am wondering which of these 2 is a better tank, and which is a better dps, and at what level the difference starts to show. Also can a arms warrior tank low level stuff up till 40 before I dual spec into protection? I suspect prot probally solos pretty slowly.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
-Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

Comments

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Hmm no one? Trying to decide which to make heh.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

First off; the better tank. Answer is none of them. They tank in two different styles but both are equally good at tanking. In my taste the paladin is a tad bit easier but with after expansion I think warrior will be just as easy to play as a tank:) In my taste warrior is more fun as a tank; but a friend of mine really likes pally and another friend is all about DK.

So go with the one you feel are more your style of tanking.

Dps. Normally at end game I would say warrior have higer dps but paladin have better burst dps(pvp), but the differance is small.

Under level 40 you dont need to specc tanking to be a good tank:) Most that have tanked in those levels just use their threat abilities and their dps gear.

After level 50-60 you would want to have some tankinggear. go for at least a good shield and pick up whatever items you get from dungdeons. If you like tanking dungdeons you could prob level all the way just using the dungdeon tool as a tank(no waittime!)

Hope this makes things a little more clearer:)

• sentry13sentry13 Member Posts: 115

Ive done both, Warrior is more fun for me but much more work, Pally is way easier maintain aggro and stay alive.  The changes coming in Cataclysm may change all this greatly but I don't it will once people adjust to the readdition of crowd control being necessary .

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Warrior is better tank and dps.  Paly is more varied and has more tools.  I play a paly.