Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is not SWG

2»

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Draekx

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by charlespayne

Omg VirusDancer your a total ideot, becouse you done the tutorial and thats it the game sucks,

i bet you have never got passed level 1 in any mmo becouse you just basicly bad mouth any mmo you try.

Heh....was reading FE forum, and run across this gem.

"Your a total ideot".... Typo aside for ideot, the mere fact you do not understand the difference between "your", and "you are"( or "you're" for short),  is simply mind-boggling.

Actions , such as yours, is where the word "ironic" sprang from. I cant stand spelling nazis, but anyone utilizing "your an idiot" needs to be smacked down.....hard like.

I agree with Kyl.....enjoy a game for what it is.

*can't

Nice.

Anyways, I'm patching the game right now (all 3.5gigs of it).  I find it hilarious how the downloader was only 250mb...not sure why I find that funny.

I am hoping to take things slow in this game, take in the scenary and content, and not feel an impeding need to reach max level quickly, max out my skills, get geared, whatever, whatever.

I might update you guys on my experience but I probably won't.

:D

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Originally posted by woza

It's amazing how people have convinced themselves that this game is a sandbox.  It is quite simply Fallout themed WoW.

I played it for about a week and I've never been more disappointed in a game.  The crafting system (which is praised for some reason) is exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like WoWs.  Kill 50 of this to get 10 of this to make one of this.  The only difference being that you can't really avoid doing it because finding items is way too rare.

The questing is the same aswell.  "Hi, please go and kill 10 of these for me and then come back and I'll give you 10 slightly harder things to kill".  Not to say that that's necessarily bad, I just hate how everyone sells it as a new experience when it's clearly not.

The 1/2 twitch based combat is just terrible aswell.  I found that firearms had such a woeful range that they weren't really worth using and combat was just click on the thing next to you until it is dead.  I'd rather autoattack to be honest.

WTF are you smoking I played WOW for 5yrs and this game for over a year , both games are 100% differnt in every aspect, nothing like one another and the crafting dude lay off the drugs/...........  The story in FE is very well done, knowing you like alot of you lazy gamers u clicked it and never read it...

You people are the reasons games fail, one week, and what 30 mins of play if that.... You people make me laugh IRL.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by kb056

Nor is it WoW or even Eve.

It's a mix of all 3 and it's still going 1 year later.

Whether you like or don't like the Combat aspect(which seems to be the biggest in peoples complaints), it's still here with no sign of going away.

Must be some reason it's still going and whether you like this style of combat or not, it's still worth a look.

It may grow on you like it did me.

Fallen Earth, aside from Darkfall, is probably the most original MMO to be made in the last 5 years. I'm glad its doing well. And its combat system is far better than the derivitive combat system we've been using since 1998

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Other than the archtypical mmo quest of "get 10 x for me", and the fact that there's a clear linear progression in questing (this town, this level range, rince, repeat), there's not much about this that's like WoW..

Anyway it's got an interesting setting in a vast wide open world, a lot of modern 'real' tech to use, a decent craft system where you can make everything (just about), a non-class based system, horses or motor vehicles, a decent storyline, and a decent community..

For what it is, it's a pretty good mmo..