Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why was my Arch Age post deleted??

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Earlier today I had posted a news about the new trailer for Arch Age in "pub", and now it's gone. It's not even locked with comment why. I don't understand... is it forbidden for some reason?

?__?

What happened?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

maybe they thought you were advertising

• SurethSureth Member UncommonPosts: 69

Who knows, but I'd also delete this thread before you get warned for discussing a moderation.

It was just moved to general gaming btw.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/296338/New-Arch-Age-trailer.html

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Click into your name and check your history. It's in the Gaming General forum, not pub. It's still there. 

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Jimmac

Click into your name and check your history. It's in the Gaming General forum, not pub. It's still there. 

Oh! Heh, indeed! Thanks for the info. :)

I was a bit unsetteled, but glad to see it was just moved. Tho it IS a MMO, or not? *confused*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by DLangley

It is an MMO. However, the Pub is for discussing general MMO news, MMO related questions to the userbase, material etc. Threads like "New Such and Such MMO - Looks Cool" are very specific in their nature. We have game-specific forums for a reason, so thats why threads created that deal with WoW and WoW only, get moved to the WoW forum. And that goes for any such thread. In this instance, and others before it, where our site doesnt have a specific forum for the game; I move it to the General Gaming forum, as to not clutter the Pub. Hope this clears it up.

How come it doesn't have it's own specific forum? Looks like any other mmo to me.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

It sounded like general MMO news to me,Massively found it news worthy.I guess this site is a step behind.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

To reiterate what I've said elsewhere:

If the game is an MMO and has its own forums here on our site, posting threads specific to that MMO will be moved to that game's forum.  However, posting MMO-specific threads for games without their own forums in The Pub is fine, since, well, there is nowhere else to post 'em!

Of course, non-MMO games should be discussed in General Gaming or its subforums.

I hope that clears things up for everyone and I truly apologize for the confusion.