Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in trying, a few questions

I've recently heard alot of praise for this game and have gotten interested in it. It kind of slipped under the radar in the flood of mmo's being released, but now that I've read a bit about it the game sounds very interesting. I'm thinking of downloading the free trial but I had a few quick questions:

1. Are you allowed only a single character? I thought I had read that, and the design of the game sounds like it encourages that.

2. I've heard that you can learn pretty much any skill, but that some of the magic skills are mutually exclusive (fire and water magic or some such). Is there a way to undo your choice if you don't like it on these?

3. Are there any 'pet' skills or spells, to summon animals or undead or something to fight for you?

4. How does the whole alignment system work? If I'm an 'evil' human can I hang around in the orc racial city, or am I just like an outcast from my own people? Is there a penalty for having opposing races in the same guild, like humans and orcs?

5. I've read a little about the stealth system. If I'm sneaky enough, could I slip into say an enemy guild's city, and vandalize something, or assassinate a lone target?

Comments

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Originally posted by Sawtooth

I've recently heard alot of praise for this game and have gotten interested in it. It kind of slipped under the radar in the flood of mmo's being released, but now that I've read a bit about it the game sounds very interesting. I'm thinking of downloading the free trial but I had a few quick questions:

1. Are you allowed only a single character? I thought I had read that, and the design of the game sounds like it encourages that.

True

2. I've heard that you can learn pretty much any skill, but that some of the magic skills are mutually exclusive (fire and water magic or some such). Is there a way to undo your choice if you don't like it on these?

You can learn ANY skill.  However there are specialization which prevent you from using certain  skills.  Specializations can be cahnged at any time (for a modest fee).

3. Are there any 'pet' skills or spells, to summon animals or undead or something to fight for you?

No. Av's philosophy is that they want you to actually play your character, not the server play for you.

4. How does the whole alignment system work? If I'm an 'evil' human can I hang around in the orc racial city, or am I just like an outcast from my own people? Is there a penalty for having opposing races in the same guild, like humans and orcs?

It's complicated.  I'll leave that for someone lese.  let us just say it is easily exploited.  Most people leve the starter cities ASAP.  Alignment is only important for starter cities.

5. I've read a little about the stealth system. If I'm sneaky enough, could I slip into say an enemy guild's city, and vandalize something, or assassinate a lone target?

tealth is entirely hiding in the terrain.  Thee is no "stealth" skill.  With no tab target, and everything LOS sneakyness matters. 

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I'll try and go more into detail on the alignment thing I guess but I'm still a noob myself so if someone sees something please correct me :D.

Ok, race/aligment plays a role that's correct.  If you are red with your own alignment the npc city towers will attack you.  So it's meant to protect noobs to an extent but honestly the towers range isn't large enough to protect a noob killing goblins or something.

However when in a guild it gets complicated :P.  If your guild is at war with another guild you/they are free to attack each other no matter the alignment/race and the tower won't attack them/you.

Damn I think I'm confusing myself someone else take the quest :(.

5. Yes and no, if the guild's city has a tower it will attack you automatically.(if you're not an ally that is)  And, assassinations are hard as you'l probably buff yourself before doing so which makes a sound :P.