Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making a Game

Hi everyone,

I am planning to make a giant MMORPG, and I was woundering if you guys/girls could help me out. If you could please just tell me ideas you think would be good for storyline, characters and anything else you can think of. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.

imageimageimage

-SUPERMANT-
KING OF CHAOS

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I demand pay for my ideas!!

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SUPERMANTSUPERMANT Member Posts: 18
    Naw man no pay image

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by SUPERMANT

Hi everyone,
    I am planning to make a giant MMORPG, and I was woundering if you guys/girls could help me out. If you could please just tell me ideas you think would be good for storyline, characters and anything else you can think of. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.
    imageimageimage

Hmmm. Is your plan to get everyone to think of the ideas, code the game, design the models, etc. and then you take the credit for it? You say you have a "plan" for an mmorpg, but you want everyone to come up with everything.
  • NoldarNoldar Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by dekron
    Originally posted by SUPERMANT
    Hi everyone,
    I am planning to make a giant MMORPG, and I was woundering if you guys/girls could help me out. If you could please just tell me ideas you think would be good for storyline, characters and anything else you can think of. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.
    imageimageimageHmmm. Is your plan to get everyone to think of the ideas, code the game, design the models, etc. and then you take the credit for it? You say you have a "plan" for an mmorpg, but you want everyone to come up with everything.

Beat me to saying that

E.T.B.A Team Leader

• gamingdudegamingdude Member Posts: 179

hey the payoff is a cool mmorpg, but i still wont tell u cuz i want to know something else first!!!!! Answer my forum Final Fantasy Funny!!!!!!::::40::

no its not like that i think you mis understood or maybe I wrote it wrong, i do infact have an idea for a MMORPG. now what i mean by characters is the system in which they work should it be a WOW type game were you have diferent races teamed up in a war or solo races fighting for themselves. and for story line i guess your right here i dont have a very solid idea for a story line i was thinking something like the end of the world and all hell breaks loose, but i am not trying to take credit for anything. sory for the innconvinence.

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

man u guys suck image

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

Well I was just joking, but perhaps you should take in a perspective on what it takes to make a game. You need a solid budget for labor, bandwidth and space fees, and the variety of patching and post-gold editting. Hour and hours of design, a solid publisher, proper advertising, and web designing. You need training in C++, flash, 3DS, and a huge amount of other languages or spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on professional game programmers. When you say "I want to design a huge scale mmorpg", that is saying that you want to take on a project requiring decades of experience or hundreds of thousands of dollars for your budget.

Good luck.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

I realize this and i am ready to do that(whatever it takes) I LOVE MMORPG'simageimage and i thank you for your constructive critasisim

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

and not all of you guys suck lol i was j/kimageimage

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

I admire your commitment. Usually when I give the "So, you want to make a mmorpg?" speech, the recipient usually leaves the forum never to be seen again, perhaps taking it all in on a comfy rocking chair while watching Wheel Of Fortune while eating snickerdoodles and drinking chia tea from Starbucks.

Good Luck!

In all honesty, you should have a solid complete story written out before even attempting to begin this project. If not, you will find delays, delays and even more delays, not to mention clashes with your staff, loss of funds, time, etc.
    That is very good advise im going to work on my story line alot in the next while image so good u you deserve the praiseing emotion lol

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

• TheGimpTheGimp Member Posts: 9

If you were to make this game and use everyones ideas you would need to give them credit where it is due or they will get pissed off.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Do you even know any programming languages?

• TheGimpTheGimp Member Posts: 9

If you are referring to me I know HTML and PHP.

Hehe making a game with HTML. Hehe that is a good one.::::20::

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

ooo oo I have a good story line... ok you see there this strip and she dances with poles, more like on the but whatever... so then there this kid(16 or so) and he has sometpye of disease that screws with his head... he sees the stripper girl walking around(non-stripping mode) and thinks she is the most beaiful thing ever... they get to talk and you find out that she needs a pimp(and not the type that beats the girls and steals all the money)... ok so we got the striipper and the kid plus there a hobo(he will be the rage/magic guy,he also pisses on walls)and the kid has to protect the girl right.... by the way this all takes place around in the 20s.... so as the stripper girl progresses through her hierachy in jobs the kid has to protect her, but its not for money or anything like that he just screwed in the head and belives the stripper is beaiful so it free will... as the jobs get bigger there are more mobsters and pimps and such that the kid has to fight/hobo(ow the stripper is healer class)so by the en of the story arc the condtion gets worse and worse for the kid till he dies... but before his death he impregnats the stripper(you have to have at least a stripper and kid in a party the hobo is optional)the kid then grows up and tries to make a bussiness and lots of people can join his stripper bussiness... the orignal stipper and hobo that were with the kid dont age so they wont die and they can join that kids bussiness or go onto others... see this way all areas are covered and story kicks ass ::::24::

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

ow man I thought of really cool fighting mechanics to... wow I am making this game myself... lol

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065
    A large scale MMORPG requires a company/business if you get that then your dream may be in reach but, alot of dreams start in writing, you are on the right track so far.
    You Guys are awsome. The advice i am reciveing is amazing. Now if only there was a advice giver forum were ever i went it would be perfectimage

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

first off you need a good editor for the story, and prolly a friend who can draw and do concept art.

if u email me crap i can edit for free..... im good at english.

but as far as stories go please please follow these lines.

A. base it of and existing story

B. make it a story that is just like all other MMORPG stories(see everyquest two and wow for boring repitive stories)

C. have a cool character with sunglasses and a gun.......scratch that just have people blow shit up...... that usually makes people happy........ or put in scantily clad women<cough> lineage 2.

d. i am the main hero /god

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

hmmm thanks for the offer but umm i dont know u so that takes u out of the main character position sry image

-SUPERMANT-
    KING OF CHAOS

Originally posted by Vampyr

if u email me crap i can edit for free..... im good at english.

I just had to laugh at that particular line. It just sounds so contradictary to itself. image
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by dekron
    Originally posted by Vampyr
    if u email me crap i can edit for free..... im good at english.I just had to laugh at that particular line. It just sounds so contradictary to itself. image

Yeah I know, I said something similar to him in another thread when he said something like he's a good writer, while having sentence structure and spelling errors.

Back on topic, you still haven't answered me yet (the original poster/creator of this thread, whatever his name is). Do you know any programming languages?