Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USWTORV Ep. IV - Halloween Special!

TOR-zans!!!!  Hello! -

This is Aaron Thompson, the host of the Un-Official Star Wars The Old Republic Vodcast.  I hope everyone is having a happy and safe holiday this year - remember to brush your teeth (lame).  Speaking of candy and sweets; I brought the sweets to you TOR-zans. 

IF(!) you were all to watch one of my episodes... 'just' one, I would like to you view this one.  I worked a long day on it... and I have a holiday gift in there for you all.  It is actually un-star wars related - but uber cool.  I wanna see if I can get 300 views within 48 hours... that would be awesome, and well worth the work.

Today we speak on -

• Friday's update

• Feature Guild

• How combat is innovative (yeah I said it!)

• And my holiday gift to you

Check it out!  Subscribe!  Comment!  Enjoy - have fun with the vodcasts.

www.youtube.com/user/uswtorv

~Aaron G. Thompson

Host of USWTORV

EDIT: Link fixed - it had my name in it... that was why it wasn't working.  ENJOY!

Host of the Only Un-Official Star Wars The Old Republic Vodcast - www.youtube.com/user/uswtorv

Comments

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Link doesn't work.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• agthompsonagthompson Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Elikal

Corrected clicky:

http://www.youtube.com/user/uswtorv

^^

Thank you Elikal!  I hope you enjoyed the show.

Host of the Only Un-Official Star Wars The Old Republic Vodcast - www.youtube.com/user/uswtorv

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

+1 for the FFDP cover of Bad Company.

I agree that the trailer wasn't all that great. IA is the class I've been looking forward to. I wasn't to impressed with it, not the gameplay so much but the way the class was presented in the video. Felt a little rushed. The other class videos are far better in comparison. But I still look forward to playing one when the game finally releases.

Originally posted by Kriosis

+1 for the FFDP cover of Bad Company.

I agree that the trailer wasn't all that great. IA is the class I've been looking forward to. I wasn't to impressed with it, not the gameplay so much but the way the class was presented in the video. Felt a little rushed. The other class videos are far better in comparison. But I still look forward to playing one when the game finally releases.

Absolutely!  I am sure the class will be fine... I think the video could have been much better.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

So, your arguement that TOR combat is revolutionary (your words) is that the animation is fluid? I just want to make sure I get that right.

It's possible you are privy to the game in ways I am not. Perhaps you beta test it and have come to the conclusion that the animations are fluid based on a build that hasn't yet seen its way to public consumption.

From all the information and videos released so far, I have found the opposite. The animations are stilted and leaning towards awkward and unnatural. It is one of the main areas of concern I have with this game.

However, even if what you say about the animations is true and generally accepted, that in no way, under any kind of circumstance, qualifies as revolutionary or innovative. There are any number of existing games that handle animation better. Hell, you could argue that WoW animates better, but nobody, not even the WoW fanbois, would dare to call the animation innovative.

You could have debated the No Auto Attack is innovative (not that I'd buy it, but it seems to qualify better than animations). You could have argued that the Companions are an innovative combat factor. But to choose what is regarded by many as a weak area of BioWare's game as revolutionary weakens your position as a herald of persuasion.

Originally posted by Talthanys

So, your arguement that TOR combat is revolutionary (your words) is that the animation is fluid? I just want to make sure I get that right.

It's possible you are privy to the game in ways I am not. Perhaps you beta test it and have come to the conclusion that the animations are fluid based on a build that hasn't yet seen its way to public consumption.

From all the information and videos released so far, I have found the opposite. The animations are stilted and leaning towards awkward and unnatural. It is one of the main areas of concern I have with this game.

However, even if what you say about the animations is true and generally accepted, that in no way, under any kind of circumstance, qualifies as revolutionary or innovative. There are any number of existing games that handle animation better. Hell, you could argue that WoW animates better, but nobody, not even the WoW fanbois, would dare to call the animation innovative.

You could have debated the No Auto Attack is innovative (not that I'd buy it, but it seems to qualify better than animations). You could have argued that the Companions are an innovative combat factor. But to choose what is regarded by many as a weak area of BioWare's game as revolutionary weakens your position as a herald of persuasion.

Thanks for your feedback Talthanys - and off the bat here... what I said is, "Before I say this game's revolutionary - hear me out." I still never said it was revolutionary.  - it was more so hinting that it isn't, and won't be... I sure hope it is though.

They're twinking animation to perfect it until release - it was stated my a rep from GC.  So "IF" they get it right.. for the stylized look (realism is not going to be here - and that is why a single 'group' of persons do not care for the idea of animations), that will bring you into the game more then any before - making the combat feel "real" and being innovative in combat for the old republic.

No auto-attack - companions.  They're not bad, but animation (if you have really been following this MMORPG) is going to bring us to Star Wars.

I stand by what I said friend.  I do appreciate the feedback - and thank you for viewing.

~Aaron