Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Progress? (New Patch Notes)

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

From the new patch notes:

- When loggin in you should now recive a correct message if the Server is offline or disabled.

Does this mean no more "Server Status" thread where players have to post UP...DOWN... UP.. DOWN.. to announce the state of the server? 

This and the complete notes can be found here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/54974-patch-notes-v-1-30-00-05-a.html

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

In this latest patch they apparently forgot to include one of their cities/towns.  So now it is just a "huge hole where the game used to be" and when people login they become stuck in an etherworld of total darkness where they slowly drown....

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/54982-hotfix-patch-1-3-0-5-another-test-failure.html#post1045188

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• pillboxxerpillboxxer Member Posts: 2

Apparantly another feature of the hotfix is to totally remove areas of the map letting paying players fall to their death and lose everything on them without warning.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/54982-hotfix-patch-1-3-0-5-another-test-failure.html

Old Today, 19:07

default Hotfix/Patch 1.3.0.5 another test failure

Was this tested in in any way ?

I logon under the ground, after an appeal I get moved, god knows where.

I take one step in the darkness and then drop through the ground into a undergound pool of water and drown.

I shrine out after giving up on my stuff to find a half a zone has been removed by this patch and around Gaul'kor is a huge hole where the game used to be.

No warning post anywhere I can find.

I have been pretty calm through all the steps backwards this game has taken but this is pretty abysmal even by SV standards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltankhsd View Post

Interesting, I can't seem to find a bug report on that forum for this.

No need, the GM I finally got to speak to me told me they know all about it.

I think that is what makes me so furious, sod the loot I lost, that's just pixels.

What makes me furious is SV must think we are scum not worth the time it takes to communicate with. It would have been simple to make a post saying if you logon in the GK area you may be underground, do an appeal, we have warned the GM's to move you to a safe area we are working to restore the lost zone.

Even more effective and if the reason they don't want to post a warning in the forums is there ashamed, then use the patch note installed with the patch to make that warning.

Last edited by Judder : Today at 19:50.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Im so glad I stopped playing during beta.

This game has my vote for worst game in MMO history. Seriously, I rather play habbo hotel lol.

That was what I linked in the post above you....

BTW, Welcome to MMORPG.COM!  It's always good to see new faces here.  Recently the community visiting this forum has dropped significantly so new folks are always a welcome sight!

• pillboxxerpillboxxer Member Posts: 2

Yea, I think I posted right after you linked that.  I thought leaving out part of the world was pretty ridiculous and had to post it.  I have never heard of something as bad as this.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

As buggy as this game is, when it's working it really is fun imo. Thats what keeps it on my computer even though I think it still should be in beta, but at least they have made some progress. Something about it I just really love.  That being said, don't know how much longer they can last with the buggy mess they have.

Wow.. that whole thread was deleted...   just click the links in the post above.. all gone.  Not moved... wiped off the boards.  Guess they don't want customer feedback on their new patch...

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Guess they don't want customer feedback on their new patch...

Thats nothing new. image

I win!!! LOL@U

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

At first I thought you guys were kidding, then I looked further and SV really did patch in a black hole that consumed a portion of the game world o_0

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

OMG lol, to funny. Thank you for this thread lol, made my night. Sucks if you play MO but funny as hell if you don't. 

So to the players you have my sympathy, but dear god is this funny. I've never heard of a screwup this bad lol. 

More patch feedback... pasting it here before it get's deleted (I love the next to last line):

Unread Today, 18:30

Ermel vbmenu_register("postmenu_1045334", true);

default Concerned long time follower

Major bugs and issues fixed by patch:

- You can no longer charge a strike and trigger a combatmove while holding the charge.

- Resolved an issue where players with no CreatureControl skill could not feed their pet at all.

- Missing book vendors are back along with missing books.

- Fixed a bug that made stamina-drain after using a bow act incorrectly.

Bugs and issues not fixed by patch (mentioned in notes as fixed):

- Pet follow has been tweaked to make it follow its master smoother.

- Fixed the mount/transfer dupe.

- Swimming and crawling should now correctly give you a 100% boost to swimspeed when both are at level 100.

- Holding sprint while swimming should now work as intended.

- Desync fixes.

New bugs detected in game so far:

- "Mount too far away" -message keeps spamming the chat, even though your sitting on the mount.

- Huge area near Gaul'Kor has disappeared leaving a hole to the core of Myrland.

- Looting is no longer working properly.

- Bandages are working incorrectly.

Here is a perfect example how MO patches roll out to live servers. Now in any other line of work heads would soon roll for such fuckups. With MO this has been going since early beta. In beta this was acceptable and understandable, not anymore. We are paying for your product and you behave like this was still beta testing phase, is this paid beta? Your patching process and scheduling is lacking professionalism badly. Testing is almost totally neglected, "as long as it goes true the builder it's all good, we can worry about the problems later when we get feedback from customers!".

Star Vault needs to sort their patching and customer service very soon or MO is doomed to oblivion for good. You should start with releasing patches in the beginning of week and early in the morning. That won't do much on its own, but it's a start. Todays patch was a good example of how to do things wrong. Currently you have a server running where part of the world is missing and nobody to hotfix the problem. I sincerely hope you have learned a valuable lesson today!

Ermel is offline Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Does this not tell everybody that their testing process is hugely flawed?

I mean comon folks... if you're going to mess something up, how do you delete parts of the game world?

• TralakTralak Member Posts: 78

You guys dont get it!! its an event, The Void God became angry as no Temple to him was built.. so he casted a Black Hole on World HahAhahA!  so Henrik said... oh wait u cant build temple as advertised? :o

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Im banned for life from the MO forums so I find this hilarious.

I really wanted these guys to succeed and I tested from day one for them and gave my input both in PM's to Henrik and in the Bug forums .

When I warned that this new desync might be similar to the last one which happened after a large patch around christmas which could not be fixed they banned me.

A few people still playing sent me PM's about the crap thats going on ( people STILL Duping)  and its really a shame that these guys have no clue. Not only cant they code a game, they have no Idea how to run a small business.

Lets see what happens around Christmas when the entire company takes 2 weeks off due to manditory vacation time and the subs start screaming bloody murder. Im sure there will be about 4 or 5 fanboys left still thinking they can turn it around, but hey they can dream.

Originally posted by Ajmags

Im banned for life from the MO forums so I find this hilarious.

I really wanted these guys to succeed and I tested from day one for them and gave my input both in PM's to Henrik and in the Bug forums .

When I warned that this new desync might be similar to the last one which happened after a large patch around christmas which could not be fixed they banned me.

A few people still playing sent me PM's about the crap thats going on ( people STILL Duping)  and its really a shame that these guys have no clue. Not only cant they code a game, they have no Idea how to run a small business.

Lets see what happens around Christmas when the entire company takes 2 weeks off due to manditory vacation time and the subs start screaming bloody murder. Im sure there will be about 4 or 5 fanboys left still thinking they can turn it around, but hey they can dream.

Your assertions (and I agree) about them not being able to code a game or run a small business come from both of the same arenas -- ZERO experience. Henrik only started StarVault because his daddy gave him the money to. And with that, he hired a team of people who have literally never programmed, designed, or shipped a piece of software in their entire lives.

Just be careful with whom you give your money, because when you buy the game *you are not an investor*, you are a customer and you should demand the things that customers do -- service and quality. Neither of which are a hallmark of this game or this company.

I found this post to be interesting.  It is from a thread discussing the recent patch fiascos and is from someone who used to title himself as "MO's Biggest Fan".  This may be the first post from him that I can say I agree 100% with.  When the recent patches elicit responses like this from your biggest supporters.. it's time for SV to take notice!

Unread Today, 15:57

Shinzon vbmenu_register("postmenu_1045883", true);

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genadi View Post

You're about 9 months too late. Seriously this is where we were 9 months ago. The babies been born now and it's got issues, lots of people told Henrik not to smoke and drink or the baby would turn out this way

The only people left are the true believers and delusional. I'm not sure which one I am yet.

I agree, at this time I would think that we would like to know not that they are massaging something into place, but actually have a place they want to take the game in with a concrete plan. Mellee system alone has seen so much changes; some of it from baseless player whining. We are at a point where they need to take executive action and listen to the community less.

Territory control? The game is not ready for it; Keeps, hosues and the like a broken beyonnd belief; Alliances cannot use keeps as "Guild Halls" and defenders end up attacking their own defensive structures because of how the system works; and how easy it is to fuck with it. Why is this in the game; well because specific guilds started bitching in the Council of Patriarch section.

Sure I will admit it might have shook-up the politics of MO rather severe, however it added nothing to the game as a whole; you can only forum whore for so long before even that starts to get boring. At this point, I really want to play a game, I am tired of defending the choices that have been made when I often don't agree with a lot of them. At this point MO is bleeding players because that's not the game they are looking for.

Age of Chivalry, and War Band offer the exact same "Primary Focus" features as MO at this point, and honestly if I want to play PvP Online, I would go play those games which offer a better feature set. Most people that will stay are not there for PvP. PvP Being the only thing to do is the consequence of what has been focused on, and those guilds that do not go out and kill someone; slowly collapse.

Last edited by Shinzon : Today at 16:00.

Shinzon is online now Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

The logic to that entire thread you linked baffles me.

Most times, software developers come up with a roadmap, a set of features, what they intend to get for release, what is marked for a revision, etc. This is done in the concept phase, or if you want to use ITIL terminology (I just got certified, woo hoo), this is the "Service Strategy" time.

Next, they would move into design and implement those ideas with the metrics they need.

Lastly, they'd roll it out and start supporting it.

The entire development process isn't "unique" or "different", it's simply wrong. There's not a single decent developer out there that would follow this path because you basically have a broken piece of garbage at the end. Look at Starcraft II for example -- and yes, I know it's a huge company and "We are not Blizzard", but they set a standard for how they implement changes -- a standard to FOLLOW. They had a core design of what they wanted and put it in. Now people start whining about the balance of this race or that, so they actually do some NUMBER CRUNCHING, they run tests, they make sure that the complaints are valid. Then, they use those metrics to form some type of change in the game, one that is thoroughly tested and then implemented. SV has been listening to complaints, then changing a bunch of things, and not testing them at all. The proof is in the pudding.

If you prefer that type of development, you are basically saying you like broken games. Because that's all you're going to get with a development process like this.

Someone made a video of the missing area:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_j7EbVvn2I

I have to say that I am stunned by it's size.  I just thought it was the town... but it's a huge zone that's missing...

I know they just put up a new emergency patch but no patch notes.. wonder if they finally fixed it.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Someone made a video of the missing area:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_j7EbVvn2I

I have to say that I am stunned by it's size.  I just thought it was the town... but it's a huge zone that's missing...

I know they just put up a new emergency patch but no patch notes.. wonder if they finally fixed it.

The video certainly was interesting. I want to know what code you have to put in a patch that would cause a huge chunk of the game world to disappear.

Also, were those animals spawning and then dropping to their doom?

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105

I'm confused. Does MO have a test server of their own along with the live server?

They do.. but apparently it's only available to the select few who are VERY friendly with the SV developers (like the "patcher guy" who is arguing that it shouldn't be open).  There is an ongoing thread where people are literally begging SV to open the test server so players can find bugs.. like holes where cities should be... before they release live patches:  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55001-open-test-server-access-yea-nay.html

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

They do.. but apparently it's only available to the select few who are VERY friendly with the SV developers (like the "patcher guy" who is arguing that it shouldn't be open).  There is an ongoing thread where people are literally begging SV to open the test server so players can find bugs.. like holes where cities should be... before they release live patches:  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55001-open-test-server-access-yea-nay.html

31.53% want to keep the test process the same? What!!!   But theres only 111 votes...image

I win!!! LOL@U

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Paratus is awesome, we leaked info out of him through his ex-guild and knew pretty much everything before it was actually officially published.