Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the real StarTrek fans...

I am a real StarTrek fan.  I am not however a "trekkie" as you might say.  I enjoy the shows and find them all entertaining for what they are but I don't feel the need to collect a pair of Spocks ears.  I'd say that puts me in the lower half of the StarTrek fanbase as a whole.  So this post is just a friendly note on something all ST fans may enjoy.

So getting to the point, my wife did something special for me and picked up all the Bluray movies and all the seasons of ST:TOS remastered for dirt cheap at walmart.  She also picked up some other blurays for me to add to our collection but when I started to dig into the StarTrek boxes I found a little surprise.  Inside the case of the series set there were some codes for some special exclusive items in the StarTrek online game.  This was a pretty cool addition to an already superb set of blurays so I figured I'd come in here and drop you guys a line about it.

I don't want to say what's in there as it was a pretty neat item for fans and I don't want to ruin the experience for you if you don't already know about it.  So the discs are worth getting and you get a neat bonus for your game = +1

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
"The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Comments

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Hey thanks for that info ! :)

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

My pleasure. 

Just for a heads up, if you get ST :TOS on bluray make sure you look at the last disc in the set for season 3 first.  It has the original pilot episode that never aired on TV.  It's called "The Cage" and it features a pretty cool story and Spock apparently hasn't been perfected yet and has some hilarious emotional outbursts.  xD  Nimoy is funny as hell. 

After "The Cage" you'll need to goto season 1 disc 1 episode 3 and watch that second.  This is the second pilot that was shown as episode 3 originally on TV.  This would be Kirks first appearance as well as Sulu.  After that you can just watch from the Ep1 all the way through and it will all fall into place.  There are a few episodes that can be switched to make slightly better sense but 99% of it is episodic so it doesn't matter what order to watch anyway. 

The video is so clear on these you can actually see the "fray" on the uniforms it's insane what can be done with remastering these days. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I like getting excluisive items through promotions sometimes but with STO it doesn't matter whether you get that item through the disc set or not as all previously exclusive items have been made available in their c-store and I'm sure that this will be too.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I got the Lifetime Sub boy do i feel special.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

I like getting excluisive items through promotions sometimes but with STO it doesn't matter whether you get that item through the disc set or not as all previously exclusive items have been made available in their c-store and I'm sure that this will be too.

Yes, this will more than likely be the case with this offer as well.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Originally posted by choujiofkono

I am a real StarTrek fan.  I am not however a "trekkie" as you might say.  I enjoy the shows and find them all entertaining for what they are but I don't feel the need to collect a pair of Spocks ears.  I'd say that puts me in the lower half of the StarTrek fanbase as a whole.  So this post is just a friendly note on something all ST fans may enjoy.

So getting to the point, my wife did something special for me and picked up all the Bluray movies and all the seasons of ST:TOS remastered for dirt cheap at walmart.  She also picked up some other blurays for me to add to our collection but when I started to dig into the StarTrek boxes I found a little surprise.  Inside the case of the series set there were some codes for some special exclusive items in the StarTrek online game.  This was a pretty cool addition to an already superb set of blurays so I figured I'd come in here and drop you guys a line about it.

I don't want to say what's in there as it was a pretty neat item for fans and I don't want to ruin the experience for you if you don't already know about it.  So the discs are worth getting and you get a neat bonus for your game = +1

yup, she got me the dvds too :)