Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

comparing GW to WoW and P2P and F2P

Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

i was wondering how Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 is gonng to be like against WOW and which is better pay to play or Free to play?

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Artymus77

i was wondering how Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 is gonng to be like against WOW and which is better pay to play or Free to play?

First Anet isn't really free to play. It's considered a buy to play and there is a difference. 

You buy the initial game and the subsequent expansions. There will be an online stuff but nothing needed to play the game, nor will there be anything thats game breaking. Lastly the quality is beyond what any free to play has had so far. 

So it's buy to play vs. pay to play and that, well it's tricky. Pay to plays are starting to have the online stores and it's mostly the same as what GW's store has. You can get fluff and non essential items as well as services such as name changes. Plus you have to buy the initial game, then you have to buy the expansions as well as paying the sub. For me the buy to play model wins hands down. 

Next is GW vs. WoW, well thats going to boil down to personal opinion. I personally like GW better than WoW and it looks as if I may like GW2 a great deal more than GW1. But only time will tell. 

But in the end only you can answer that for yourself. Do you like what WoW has to offer or do you like what GW offers and GW2 is going to offer more. No one else is going to be able to answer that for you. 

• OmgZombiesOmgZombies Member Posts: 141

Both games are built differently.  WoW was built to take longer to progress, so you would play longer.  More time spent playing = more months played, and at $15/month they get a nice profit for you going zombie-mode on their game.  Guild Wars, in my opinion, is based around making you want to play the "expansions" and get better skills/achievements/armor.  Basicly, making a game that's fun enough to make you want to get everything done inside of it.  That's just how I view it, I look it as a sense of progression progress through gear and levels (WoW)  vs a sense of progression through personal achievment and bragging rights (Guild Wars).  

Both have storylines, also.  But Guild Wars wasn't build on the idea of it being an MMO, whether or not it is right now as viewed by the MMORPG community.  It has a much more robust "story mode" and does much more for those who enjoy the general lore being fed to them, and also taking part in creating a real story for their character.  Where as in WoW you would defenitely have to do some looking around to find basic information about lore, both in-game and out.  (At least from my experience, I didn't want to bother reading 100+ quests, if any.)

• bazakbazak Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

First Anet isn't really free to play. It's considered a buy to play and there is a difference. 

You buy the initial game and the subsequent expansions. There will be an online stuff but nothing needed to play the game, nor will there be anything thats game breaking. Lastly the quality is beyond what any free to play has had so far. 

So it's buy to play vs. pay to play and that, well it's tricky. Pay to plays are starting to have the online stores and it's mostly the same as what GW's store has. You can get fluff and non essential items as well as services such as name changes. Plus you have to buy the initial game, then you have to buy the expansions as well as paying the sub. For me the buy to play model wins hands down. 

Next is GW vs. WoW, well thats going to boil down to personal opinion. I personally like GW better than WoW and it looks as if I may like GW2 a great deal more than GW1. But only time will tell. 

But in the end only you can answer that for yourself. Do you like what WoW has to offer or do you like what GW offers and GW2 is going to offer more. No one else is going to be able to answer that for you. 

QFT + 2 and a cookie

(confusion between F2P and B2P is getting annoying)

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Ah

f2p =/= b2p...

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence