Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions...

GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

How many conquerable territories are there, what are the benifits to owning a territory, and what % of the universe can be captured by corportions?

How long would it take the average person to cross the whole universe, using the fastest method?

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Gintoh

How many conquerable territories are there, what are the benifits to owning a territory, and what % of the universe can be captured by corportions?

How long would it take the average person to cross the whole universe, using the fastest method?

the map of what u can own

benefits you make the rules you take the money

example ore list per systems http://www.fluidorbit.co.uk/

BestSigEver :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You'd have no reason to cross the whole universe, but if you wanted to go from one side to another it would take many many hours. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Yeah it would take hours to fly from one side of the universe to the other if you went directly across. 

That's assuming you don't get blown up going through the gates in 0.0 and lowsec, of which there would be many. Also like someone else said, there is no purpose at all for making such a trip, unless you are doing it just to do it or for a race, or some other user created activity. 

EDIT: Oh and there are also wormhole systems. I think there are half the number of wormhole systems as there are non wormhole systems. So see that picture above? That's only 2/3s of the solar systems in the game. And of that 1/3 of systems in wormhole space, you can't just fly directly across since there are no jumpgates.

You have to manually probe down each wormhole, or get a bookmark from a buddy who scanned one down. Wormhole systems are never connected for more than a few days to another system of any kind, so the "route" through any number of wormhole systems is never static. 

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Jimmac

Yeah it would take hours to fly from one side of the universe to the other if you went directly across. 

That's assuming you don't get blown up going through the gates in 0.0 and lowsec, of which there would be many. Also like someone else said, there is no purpose at all for making such a trip, unless you are doing it just to do it or for a race, or some other user created activity. 

EDIT: Oh and there are also wormhole systems. I think there are half the number of wormhole systems as there are non wormhole systems. So see that picture above? That's only 2/3s of the solar systems in the game. And of that 1/3 of systems in wormhole space, you can't just fly directly across since there are no jumpgates.

You have to manually probe down each wormhole, or get a bookmark from a buddy who scanned one down. Wormhole systems are never connected for more than a few days to another system of any kind, so the "route" through any number of wormhole systems is never static. 

Actually, the main route to any wormhole is static, just not the sense you mean. Each wormhole system has a "static" wormhole(s) in it. While it connects to a new system everytime an old one closes and new one pops up, a static wormhole is the only wormhole that will always be in that system and will always connect to a specific type of system(highsec, lowsec, nullsec, c1-6 wormhole systems).

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

As far as I know Corporations don't own any space, only an alliance of corporations can do so. I'm not sure if that's because of game mechanics or because a single corporation simply doesn't have the manpower or resources to hold onto territory.

But yeah, it would take a very long time to cross the entire Eve universe and you're not likely to make it alone...and it would probably be tough to make it even in a gang.

• GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

Originally posted by Kyleran

You'd have no reason to cross the whole universe, but if you wanted to go from one side to another it would take many many hours. 

How many hours?

Originally posted by Wycliffe

<>

Actually, the main route to any wormhole is static, just not the sense you mean. Each wormhole system has a "static" wormhole(s) in it. While it connects to a new system everytime an old one closes and new one pops up, a static wormhole is the only wormhole that will always be in that system and will always connect to a specific type of system(highsec, lowsec, nullsec, c1-6 wormhole systems).

I disagree with your definition of route then, but in anticipation of a comment like this is why I put "route" in quotations. I consider a route to be a constant path from system A to system B. I understand wormhole mechanics (my corp lives in one), which is why I would say there are no constant routes from one wormhole system to any other system of any kind. 

Any disagreement with this will be over the definition of the word "route" or some other ground of semantics. 

How many hours?

Download the trial, hop in a shuttle and let us know. 

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Not really. Depending on the method of transportation it could be 30 seconds for a jump clone, slightly longer if you kill yourself and set your clone station to one on the other side, or under an hour in a fast ship if you fly by yourself.
    //edith: this depends a bit on the route. The longest route would probably from branch to period basis, which is less than 100 jumps. A fast ship should be able to cross this in about 1 1/2 hours. But that's the longest route i could come up with (granted, only a few minutes of trying)
    I've done it myself, there are many direct connections via smuggler gates that ccp never removed.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Bear in mind he said average user when talking about travel time from one end of galaxy map to other so....

Average player is unlikely to use smuggler routes and he would take a safer route rather than a direct one as we can asume he does not want to become ganker fodder.

So for a resonably safe route with minimal high risksystems to travel through it could take severall hours depending on his ship type.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

There is no safe space anywhere with suicide players. High section space is still at your risk

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

1. Conquerable space in it's true sense is only in non NPC 0.0 space. However that is a bit of a misnomer. Lots of low sec isn't  "conquered" but is patrolled, "claimed" by hundreds of  "pirate" corps. Conquerable in the true sense means you can claim sov, which again, is only in 0.0 space. There are many, many links that will assist you with this, all made by EvE players.

2. I flew from north Geminate to Period Basis once in a shuttle and made it. It took my approximatly 90 mins. I purposefully avoided empire space due to my sec status. Again, traveling that far was more just do have fun, not for any real reason. I would never do that to move ships, equipment unless it was a cap ship. You would just jump clone that long of a distance now.

I also flew to the EvE gate from north Placid (much closer, all empire space) within a week of joining EvE and it was without Warp to Zero and  It felt really, really far as a new player.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

IIRC the longest "direct" route between 2 systems in EVE is of the order for ~200 jumps or so. In a speed fitted covops, That should take 3-4 hours.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

How many hours?

Download the trial, hop in a shuttle and let us know. 

Do we add the time involved in getting podded at gate camps and such to the total? image

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."