Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't care anymore, I really don't

Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

It's either bad luck, SE being useless, or a combination of both. I've uninstalled and reinstalled FFXIV several times, It's not working. I've already made a thread about how unlikely it is for a game not to work on my brand new laptop, with specs above minimum, (i5 cpu, Radeon 5650, 4gb ram, win 7). I've tried everything from updating all my drivers to running the game as administrator. I've read on some forums where people have had the same problem and the tech support wasn't very helpful.

I created an SE account for the purposes of the 60 days trial, I tried to login today and it says my password is incorrect, so I tried to reset it and it says my security question answer is wrong, I'm not a retard, I just registered yesterday, I wouldn't forget my secuiry q and password overnight.

I've installed and played games in OB which have installed and ran fine. The majority of reviews of this game are bad anyway so I'm not gonna waste anymore time with this BS. Sorry for my language but Fuck you SE, I waited 2 years for FFXIII and that was an average game nowhere near the quality of FFVII and FFX, and I waited 2 years for this game and it doesn't even run.

Bring on GW2.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

Comments

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Do not know what to say on this one OP, I am no FF fan but after purchuse it may be worth a little more...effort to keep trying. I have heard of similar complaints regarding the password/security issue. Man, I really hate it when players spend cash and do not enjoy a game. I have a freind who upgraded, got a controller and spent hours online reading about this game, only to wish he did not spend the cash. Maybe it is a blessing. Keep the faith man, more games are coming.

• wizyear2099wizyear2099 Member UncommonPosts: 310

well knowing I know people with worse specs then what you have posted I don't know anyone with your problem. keep trying maybe you should have your pc inspected more :P

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

Originally posted by wizyear2099

well knowing I know people with worse specs then what you have posted I don't know anyone with your problem. keep trying maybe you should have your pc inspected more :P

OP stated that it's a brand new laptop. Check that your chipset/audio/gfx are updated and perhaps remove any bloatware (if it came with any pre-installed) to see if its a software conflict.

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

look for threads with account issues, on the net in general

i had several headaches trying to get my account set up :S

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Man1ac

I created an SE account for the purposes of the 60 days trial, I tried to login today and it says my password is incorrect, so I tried to reset it and it says my security question answer is wrong, I'm not a retard, I just registered yesterday, I wouldn't forget my secuiry q and password overnight.

Makes me wonder if your account got hacked, already.

• gargarootsgargaroots Member Posts: 1

Hello, I had the same problem yesterday... I changed my password and the game didn't recognized it... so I went trough the "Forgot my Password" and was able to reset it... fortunately I remembered the security question I set years ago... =P

I would say, try resetting your password... I know u r not a retard that would forget the security question, but maybe you used another security question (in the reset password page I had to select the correct security question and also answer it right)... anyway, don't give up... =)

• wizyear2099wizyear2099 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by Lowdos

Originally posted by wizyear2099

OP stated that it's a brand new laptop. Check that your chipset/audio/gfx are updated and perhaps remove any bloatware (if it came with any pre-installed) to see if its a software conflict.

yea what if your laptop came with some firewall program or something that blocks you. i could possibly see this happening. What actually happens when you try an launch the game step by step? Do any other games work?

• StormbrewStormbrew Member Posts: 26

i have seen programs stop me from playing a game on 2 different occasions.  Mc Afree antivirus was on one of my computers years ago and eq2 would not play as long as it was on.  Soon as i removed it the game worked fine.  Also on a different time i tried to play LOTRO and couldnt get on.  Took me a few weeks to figure it out but a program called fix it i installed to keep an eye on my computer was blocking the game somehow.  Removed it and game popped right on.

• SakushiSakushi Member Posts: 37

1.Turn on your uPnP(Peer to PEer).

2.Turn off antivirus or allow exceptions for FFXIV to pass through.

3.What version of FFXIV are you using?? NA or EU?

4. check if your SE online account is the same Region as the FFXIV version you have downloaded.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I'm wondering if it's just something about laptops, period, that XIV don't like.

Several people I know haven't been able to get it running on their laptops, and those same people couldn't get the benchmark to run either.

I'm seriously wondering if it's something to do with how laptops are configured that XIV doesn't get along well with.

Anyone here managed to get it running on their laptops successfully?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Use a digital copy

or

install from an ISO of your disk.

FFXIV hates a lot of models of disk drives in laptops. Got it to work just fine on my gateway fx by ripping the ISO and running it that way.

Dunno if OPs problem was the same as that tho'.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

There's also the fact that most laptops use the onboard video, which simply isn't enough for a game this graphically intense.

<3

• konrad16660konrad16660 Member Posts: 182

Originally posted by Man1ac

It's either bad luck, SE being useless, or a combination of both. I've uninstalled and reinstalled FFXIV several times, It's not working. I've already made a thread about how unlikely it is for a game not to work on my brand new laptop, with specs above minimum, (i5 cpu, Radeon 5650, 4gb ram, win 7). I've tried everything from updating all my drivers to running the game as administrator. I've read on some forums where people have had the same problem and the tech support wasn't very helpful.

I've installed and played games in OB which have installed and ran fine. The majority of reviews of this game are bad anyway so I'm not gonna waste anymore time with this BS. Sorry for my language but Fuck you SE, I waited 2 years for FFXIII and that was an average game nowhere near the quality of FFVII and FFX, and I waited 2 years for this game and it doesn't even run.

Bring on GW2.

I say boycott SE games from now on.  That is what I am doing after the taste they left in my mouth when I spent $85 for the SE edition.  I am determined to get my moneys worth out of the title by spreading the word and saving people the same frustrations and anger that I had.  I tried to play this game, I really did, but this game will definately go down in the annals of time as the WORST MMO EVER!!!!  I can't wait for it too die, and i hope that SE really goes away too.  They just need to go away...

• RyphtRypht Member UncommonPosts: 39

SE has a loooong way to go to get the "worst mmo ever",  it's no sparkling jewel that's for sure, but there have been far worse.

• CorresCorres Member Posts: 132

and for the people comlaining about slow update-speed: check out various ffxi-sites. they got plenty of methods to get the updates very very fast. just to get the big bad install and downloading of patches out of the way. because that really sucks

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Just for clarity...  What is the worst AAA MMO release?  What year was it made?  Who's judgement are you using? 

These are intelligent questions that need answered if you want to debate "the worst MMO in history".

I personally believe FF14 to be far and above the worst MMO in history.  I can make a list of broken, buggy, and missing features for this game as long as both my arms  (pretty long since I'm a very tall man).  I can make an equally long list of features that actually work but are completely ridiculous and doesn't do the players one bit of good.  That's because the game wasn't designed for the players it was designed to be a perpetual money making machine with as little interaction as necessary to keep it running. 

They used the FF fame from the Nintendo - PS1 days to leverage initial early adopter purchases.  Most other MMO's can't get away with that. 

If you were to take all the reviews on all the sites and magazines available for every major MMO release ever I think it would be pretty hard to find one that got a worse rating.

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"