Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to teach myself XHTML

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Well here is a question for all the programmers out there. I want to self teach myself XHTML. I have no previous training with HTML programming so that will be a major bump in my learning. I also have no experience with any other languages, except a little JAVA.

What I want to know are the titles books I could buy, perhaps tips on learning the language, and web resources I could go to to read up on the language.

Thanks in advance. Learning JAVA, HTML and a little C++ is going to be my summer hobby.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

JAVA, HTML and a little C++

Good luck. HTML compared to Java is like coloring in the lines compared to calculus. The XHTML book I'm using is web design & Development using XHTML. My summer hobby's going to be trying to get a job... -_- Later man.

PS. teaches everything from the DTD to cascading style sheets

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Well i know i'm nitpicking But XHTML isn't really a language...
    All it is "Proper Standardized HTML" HTML is the language, XHTML is just proper usage

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Actually, with XHTML out, HTML itself is depricated (meaning, to go out of use sooner or later). Leaving XHTML out there.

You can also do a little more with XHTML than you can with regular HTML. If you have a few questions, just hit me up as I too am learning XHTML at the moment.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Oh, I already learned HTML. I got that down in a couple of days. Had to defend myself there.::::39::

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• AzathothAzathoth Member Posts: 357

Honestly,

Fuck 'em all. Don't listen to the losers on this board that tell you different.

You wanna learn? Go to your nearest bookstore. Spend fucking hours in the isles. Look through every page of every book. Buy the book that helps you out the most. Follow it. Fuck the people that say you can't. And when you've learned all you can... learn more. Become better than them. And once you do that, buy another book. And another. And never stop. And become better than you ever thought you could.

And kick ass.

Cartman has a big fat ass!