Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this computer run Aion?

MrSebMrSeb Member Posts: 71

Hey guys .. I've been wanting to buy a new computer for a long time and i found one with these speccs to about 1200$ .. Just wanted to hear if this computer is able to run Aion in maxed settings? .. Thanks alot.. Here's some of the hardware:

* INTEL i7 870 (SOCKET 1156), 4x2.93ghz (i de fleste test hurtigere end i7 930)

* 1GB DDR5 HD5850 GRAFIKKORT, BLACK EDITION, XFX (2xDVI, 1xHDMI)

* GIGABYTE KVALITETSBUNDKORT, (INTEL P55)

* 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM, KINGSTON *10 ÅRS GARANTI*

* 22x SATA DVDBRÆNDER +/-, OG DVD-RAM (LG)

* 750W "GAMING" STRØMFORSYNING, SILENT HIGH-END

* 500GB WD HARDDISK,7200RPM (+KUN 149KR FOR 1000GB)

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* 10x USB2.0 PORTE (2 PÅ FRONT, 8 BAGPÅ)

* GIGABIT NETKORT (1000Mbit)

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

* KABINET ECCO-CASE (EVT. ANDRE KAN VÆLGES) !

Comments

• acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by MrSeb

Hey guys .. I've been wanting to buy a new computer for a long time and i found one with these speccs to about 1200$ .. Just wanted to hear if this computer is able to run Aion in maxed settings? .. Thanks alot.. Here's some of the hardware:

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

My Laptop is pretty much the same as yours in terms of Processor, Gfx Card and Mem RAM, and I can run Aion at Max Settings. So yeah, you can..

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

Yes of course you can!

• MrSebMrSeb Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by acerpg007

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

My Laptop is pretty much the same as yours in terms of Processor, Gfx Card and Mem RAM, and I can run Aion at Max Settings. So yeah, you can..

Glad to hear.. I'm maybe even able to run GW2 in maxed settings?.. And whats your average FPS in Aion?

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

Glad to hear.. I'm maybe even able to run GW2 in maxed settings?.. And whats your average FPS in Aion?

Sorry but I haven't check my FPS. But I can tell you that I haven't experienced any lag or freeze on my laptop. And just to add a little info, If you know how BIG the requirement to play FFXIV Online and I maxed the settings with the specs we have, We can probably say we can MAX the settings of GW2 and probably SWToR as well.

PS: I played FFXIV as you can see on my sig, but I stopped even with my 60days free not finished yet cause it was too slow for me. I resub to Aion just this morning, I find Aion much more for me.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• minix2poominix2poo Member Posts: 49

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

Well I think what matters in this case is the CPU, RAM and especially the Grafikcard.  Well acerpg007 is saying he has almost the same Gfx, but since Mobile Gfxs are not even half as good as desktop Gfx cards (example a ATI5xxx  Mobility series is not comparable to a real ATI 5xxx series. The difference is HUGE) , and he still can run it on highest settings,so you should be able to run it too.

Anyways my system is also close to that with an AMD 4x 3,2ghz, ATI HD5850, and 4GB RAM, and can run it smoothly in highest settings. BUT when it comes to big Abyss sieges I lag a lot. But cant tell if its the PC that cant handle it or if its my sucking internet connection. (lowest category of DSL, and I still think this is the prob and not the PC)

Unfortunatly I am unsubscribed to AION atm, so that I cant check the FPS atm.

EDIT:and forgot, tha higher your screens resolution the better your Gfx has to be. I am just playing on 1280x1024. Dont know how the performance is on larger Monitors. But since a ATI5850 is still considered to be under the top 10 Graikcards atm, It might handle a lot more.

Originally posted by minix2poo

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

Well I think what matters in this case is the CPU, RAM and especially the Grafikcard.  Well acerpg007 is saying he has almost the same Gfx, but since Mobile Gfxs are not even half as good as desktop Gfx cards (example a ATI5xxx  Mobility series is not comparable to a real ATI 5xxx series. The difference is HUGE) , and he still can run it on highest settings,so you should be able to run it too.

Anyways my system is also close to that with an AMD 4x 3,2ghz, ATI HD5850, and 4GB RAM, and can run it smoothly in highest settings. BUT when it comes to big Abyss sieges I lag a lot. But cant tell if its the PC that cant handle it or if its my sucking internet connection. (lowest category of DSL, and I still think this is the prob and not the PC)

EDIT:and forgot, tha higher your screens resolution the better your Gfx has to be. I am just playing on 1280x1024. Dont know how the performance is on larger Monitors. But since a ATI5850 is still considered to be under the top 10 Graikcards atm, It might handle a lot more.

Okay cool.. I will got for this computer then.. But I will be playing on 1920x1200 and I sure hope it will be able to run it just at smooth as you suggest..

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

Yes, Aion can be run at max on even the most modest hardware.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by minix2poo

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

True, I agree..

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

You can run Aion on a PC with half of that. NCsoft has the best games in terms of optimization.

Actually might just add that Ncsoft  enforces the software to lower you maximum possible settings such as character details in close proximity, you don't get a say in this, what ever options you select will be reset next time you open the window.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by Mellkor

Actually might just add that Ncsoft  enforces the software to lower you maximum possible settings such as character details in close proximity, you don't get a say in this, what ever options you select will be reset next time you open the window.

This is only the case if you choose fixed FPS in the options. 

Nope, check on character details, then restart your client see if its still ticked.

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

* 7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT

* UNDERSTØTTER RAID

I would say yes...but does it want to?:)

I'm glad to hear that it'll be able to run aion and maybe even GW2 on maxed settings.. But how about AoC?.. It should be pretty demanding and I've considered to try it out for a long time now, but never have because of my sleezy computer.. Will the computer with those settings poster earlier be able to run AoC on maxed?

I'm glad to hear that it'll be able to run aion and maybe even GW2 on maxed settings.. But how about AoC?.. It should be pretty demanding and I've considered to try it out for a long time now, but never have because of my sleezy computer.. Will the computer with those settings poster earlier be able to run AoC on maxed?

If your interested in testing out your new system give this a shot, its become "a standard" in directx 11 benchmarking.

http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Unless you spent around $4000 or more on your laptop, then no, it isn't remotely in the ballpark of the desktop linked earlier.

-----

If you've got a budget of $1200, you can probably get something significantly nicer for gaming than what you linked in the original post, unless a good chunk of that budget has to go to taxes.  I wouldn't trust the power supply, though, as it's probably cheap junk trying to impress you with a grossly inflated nominal wattage.

Originally posted by Mellkor

If your interested in testing out your new system give this a shot, its become "a standard" in directx 11 benchmarking.

http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Unigine Heaven is mainly used as a synthetic tessellation benchmark.  It's hardly a standard DirectX 11 benchmark.  There aren't standard gaming benchmarks other than games themselves, as it's too easy to cheat at benchmarks.

On any DirectX 11 cards out there, with the possible exception of some GF108-based cards, tessellation won't be a bottleneck in decently coded games.  If you tessellate to the point that you've got far more triangles in your model than there are pixels on the screen, then you can make tessellation into a bottleneck.  That doesn't make things look nicer, but only bogs down video cards in computing things that don't matter.  Unigine Heaven does that at some points, so it isn't representative of real gameplay.  Synthetic benchmarks can be interesting in an esoteric sense, but what you really want is hardware that performs well in real programs, not only in synthetic benchmarks.

Originally posted by Quizzical

Unless you spent around $4000 or more on your laptop, then no, it isn't remotely in the ballpark of the desktop linked earlier.

-----

If you've got a budget of $1200, you can probably get something significantly nicer for gaming than what you linked in the original post, unless a good chunk of that budget has to go to taxes.  I wouldn't trust the power supply, though, as it's probably cheap junk trying to impress you with a grossly inflated nominal wattage.

Ahem.. my laptop is ASUS G73JW-A1 which if you look it up is the almost the same specs as the OP stated, and It cost me only $1200 @ Best Buy because I'm a Reward Zone Member, It was suppose to be about $1500.

To the OP: You can check the using http://www.yougamers.com/ and using their gameometer..

Ahem.. my laptop is ASUS G73JW-A1 which if you look it up is the almost the same specs as the OP stated, and It cost me only $1200 @ Best Buy because I'm a Reward Zone Member, It was suppose to be about $1500.

Is this your laptop?

http://www.amazon.com/G73JW-A1-Republic-Gamers-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B0041RRS0I

Because if so, it's not in the same league as the desktop that the original poster listed.

The processors are nearly the same die, but there's a big difference in the performance you can squeeze into a TDP of 45 W versus a TDP of 95 W.  In this case, it's the reason why your processor has a stock clock speed of 1.73 GHz, while that of the original post has a stock clock speed of 2.93 GHz.  Under turbo boost, a single thread can clock up to as 2.93 GHz, while the desktop processor will go as high as 3.6 GHz.  Yours has less L3 cache, too.

The video card is a much bigger difference yet.  A GeForce GTX 460M is the same GF106 die as a desktop GeForce GTS 450.  The laptop part is heavily underclocked, though, with a clock speed of 675 MHz, as compared to 783 MHz for the desktop GTS 450.  The laptop part has slightly more memory bandwidth than the desktop card, with a wider memory bus (192-bit versus 128-bit), but the memory is clocked much lower in the laptop (625 MHz versus 902 MHz).

On net, you've probably got about 85%-90% of the performance of a desktop GTS 450, which is nearly tied with a Radeon HD 5750 on average.  The 5750 is basically half of a Radeon HD 5850, except clocked lower.  Thus, you've got maybe 45% of the video performance of the Radeon HD 5850 in the original post.  That, together with about 60% of the CPU performance, means your laptop isn't remotely near the desktop of the original post in performance.

Now, it is possible to get a laptop with performance in the same ballpark as the gaming desktop of the original post.  You'd basically need either an SLI or CrossFire configuration, and two Mobility Radeon HD 5870s in CrossFire is probably the cheapest way to do it.  You'd also need a desktop Core i7, which Eurocom and Clevo do sell.  But then you're looking at about a price tag around $4000, and a laptop that dissipates over 200 W at load and will not run except when plugged into the wall.  With that much heat, I hope the people who buy one weren't planning on touching the built-in keyboard while gaming.  But that's not at all what you got.

Is this your laptop?

Because if so, it's not in the same league as the desktop that the original poster listed.

The processors are nearly the same die, but there's a big difference in the performance you can squeeze into a TDP of 45 W versus a TDP of 95 W.  In this case, it's the reason why your processor has a stock clock speed of 1.73 GHz, while that of the original post has a stock clock speed of 2.93 GHz.  Under turbo boost, a single thread can clock up to as 2.93 GHz, while the desktop processor will go as high as 3.6 GHz.  Yours has less L3 cache, too.

The video card is a much bigger difference yet.  A GeForce GTX 460M is the same GF106 die as a desktop GeForce GTS 450.  The laptop part is heavily underclocked, though, with a clock speed of 675 MHz, as compared to 783 MHz for the desktop GTS 450.  The laptop part has slightly more memory bandwidth than the desktop card, with a wider memory bus (192-bit versus 128-bit), but the memory is clocked much lower in the laptop (625 MHz versus 902 MHz).

On net, you've probably got about 85%-90% of the performance of a desktop GTS 450, which is nearly tied with a Radeon HD 5750 on average.  The 5750 is basically half of a Radeon HD 5850, except clocked lower.  Thus, you've got maybe 45% of the video performance of the Radeon HD 5850 in the original post.  That, together with about 60% of the CPU performance, means your laptop isn't remotely near the desktop of the original post in performance.

Now, it is possible to get a laptop with performance in the same ballpark as the gaming desktop of the original post.  You'd basically need either an SLI or CrossFire configuration, and two Mobility Radeon HD 5870s in CrossFire is probably the cheapest way to do it.  You'd also need a desktop Core i7, which Eurocom and Clevo do sell.  But then you're looking at about a price tag around $4000, and a laptop that dissipates over 200 W at load and will not run except when plugged into the wall.  With that much heat, I hope the people who buy one weren't planning on touching the built-in keyboard while gaming.  But that's not at all what you got.

G73JH not W.. lol.. check it, it has 1GDDR5 ATI RAD 5870, and though it is a mobile version it's PRETTY MUCH the same. I didn't actually tell him that it is the same, I jsut told him that he could run it on max just like I did. It's not a big deal really, you act as if you have no life and kept trolling on something so irrelevant..

Is this your laptop?

G73JH not W.. lol.. check it, it has 1GDDR5 ATI RAD 5870, and though it is a mobile version it's PRETTY MUCH the same. I didn't actually tell him that it is the same, I jsut told him that he could run it on max just like I did. It's not a big deal really, you act as if you have no life and kept trolling on something so irrelevant..

This it, then?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+6GB+Memory+/+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/1257894.p?id=1218243761956&skuId=1257894&st=G73JH&cp=1&lp=1

Same processor as above, so no need to repeat the analysis.

A Mobility Radeon HD 5870 uses the same Juniper chip as a desktop Radeon HD 5770, but underclocks it substantially so that it it will be slower.  Juniper is basically half of a Cypress chip that powers a Radeon HD 5850, though the 5850 is a salvage part.  On net, you probably have around 55% of the video performance of the desktop in the original post.

-----

But the real point remains:  the original poster should probably look elsewhere for a computer, and get one with a better power supply.  If they won't tell you what the power supply is, it's probably because they don't want you to know.  Well, unless you don't mind the computer frying--and won't blame Intel or AMD their parts do get killed by a bad power supply.

• minix2poominix2poo Member Posts: 49

Is this your laptop?

This it, then?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+6GB+Memory+/+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/1257894.p?id=1218243761956&skuId=1257894&st=G73JH&cp=1&lp=1

Same processor as above, so no need to repeat the analysis.

A Mobility Radeon HD 5870 uses the same Juniper chip as a desktop Radeon HD 5770, but underclocks it substantially so that it it will be slower.  Juniper is basically half of a Cypress chip that powers a Radeon HD 5850, though the 5850 is a salvage part.  On net, you probably have around 55% of the video performance of the desktop in the original post.

-----

But the real point remains:  the original poster should probably look elsewhere for a computer, and get one with a better power supply.  If they won't tell you what the power supply is, it's probably because they don't want you to know.  Well, unless you don't mind the computer frying--and won't blame Intel or AMD their parts do get killed by a bad power supply.

Mhm, absolutely. What important is is whats inside of it, and not whats written on the package. Similar because of the DDR5 1GB? or because of the 5xxx series ?? No its all about performance, and the diff in performance is huge, like Quizzical said, and thats why ppl buy Desktop PCs for gaming, and Laptops are for work and casual gaming(mostly in lower settings).

I my self have a Desktop like above with AMD 4x 3,2Ghz and 4GB RAM and ATI 5850 1GB.

and a laptop with Intel i5 430M 4x 2,26Ghz, 4GB RAM, Mobility HD5750 1GB

On the Paper I would consider it pretty leveled. But if I run the same games this 2 systems, the difference is huge. On my desktop I can run every game on highest setting and take Fraps vids while playing. While on my laptop most games run on highest settings, there are some games where I have to lower settings. And I have had some very bad experience taking Fraps vids while playing on laptop.

Back to OPs question, wether you are able to play AoC on max setting with it, I would say of course. I also played AoC for some time, and was already playing on max settings with my former system ( Geforce9800 GTX)

-----

I've been looking around and I'm not able to find anything significantly better... Maybe the price of hardware is different in different countries?.. I don't know.. But can you throw a link to a computer with better speccs at the same price?