Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PWI Marketing Plan for Forsaken

GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

The geniuses at PWI have created a massive marketing plan (scam?) that has worked.  They ignored their regular customers and gave out a plethora of workable closed beta keys to various websites.  Lots of new customers?  You bet!

The problem for them is that eventually, when the hype is over, people evaluate the game.  In many cases, gamers will report their assessments on sites like MMORPG.  Meanwhile, the PWI decision makers are sitting back with their feet up on their desks, breaking their arms from patting themselves on their backs. 

Here are some ideas for consideration:

1. Being rude to large numbers of customers doesn't work in the long run.  MMORPGs go out of business left and right.  Giving out workable keys in large numbers to websites like Massively (500!) and denying them to existing customers is rude and will lose customers.   I met dozens of really nice people on Perfect World who don't like companies who treat people badly.  And... their database is now clogged up with thousands gamers entering phoney account names and alternate email addresses to try to get workable keys. 

2. PWI games are expensive to get the extras that make their games playable. I had to pay about $50 a week.  With WOW, it costs $15 a month with all the extras included.  I tried playing the PW game for free and hated it!

3. I have already read that PWI has done a short cut on Forsaken color contrasts.  Heroes was basically "brown" with a few exceptions.  I didn't like playing in dull colors.  As time goes on, all their little worts like this will show up and it will get down to the quality of the game.

4. Heroes has a lot of glitches that have not been fixed between the closed beta and the open beta.  Yesterday I began playing Soul Order and surprise, no glitches!  It is a hassle to work through a quest and then not get your reward.  I think it is part of a PWI corporate mentality of ignoring customers.

5. PWI has never understood the connection between good customer service and profitability. In the past, many of my requests for help were either ignored completely or blown off. 

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Grammie

The geniuses at PWI have created a massive marketing plan (scam?) that has worked.  They ignored their regular customers and gave out a plethora of workable closed beta keys to various websites.  Lots of new customers?  You bet!

The problem for them is that eventually, when the hype is over, people evaluate the game.  In many cases, gamers will report their assessments on sites like MMORPG.  Meanwhile, the PWI decision makers are sitting back with their feet up on their desks, breaking their arms from patting themselves on their backs. 

Here are some ideas for consideration:

1. Being rude to large numbers of customers doesn't work in the long run.  MMORPGs go out of business left and right.  Giving out workable keys in large numbers to websites like Massively (500!) and denying them to existing customers is rude and will lose customers.   I met dozens of really nice people on Perfect World who don't like companies who treat people badly.  And... their database is now clogged up with thousands gamers entering phoney account names and alternate email addressesto try to get workable keys. 

2. PWI games are expensive to get the extras that make their games playable. I had to pay about $50 a week.  With WOW, it costs $15 a month with all the extras included.  I tried playing the PW game for free and hated it!

3. I have already read that PWI has done a short cut on Forsaken color contrasts.  Heroes was basically "brown" with a few exceptions.  I didn't like playing in dull colors.  As time goes on, all their little worts like this will show up and it will get down to the quality of the game.

4. Heroes has a lot of glitches that have not been fixed between the closed beta and the open beta.  Yesterday I began playing Soul Order and surprise, no glitches!  It is a hassle to work through a quest and then not get your reward.  I think it is part of a PWI corporate mentality of ignoring customers.

5. PWI has never understand the connection between good customer service and profitability. In the past, many of my requests for help were either ignored completely or blown off. 

I don't like PWI anymore than you, I think their cash shop items are overpriced (and all their games are exactly the same, only reason I was curious about FW was because it looked different). I still think it's fair to point out a few things wrong with your argument though.

First off, even those beta keys don't work. I used one, my friends used the one they got after I registered and got some to share with others. None of us got into this beta. We got a message saying we were in the CB, just not this one. A VERY stupid move on PWI's part, but it's not just happening to existing customers. I'm not sure why you feel that because you spent money in the cash shop, you should automagically be better off than everyone else in regards to the company. There's a bit of an entitlement mentality going on there, and no one is entitled to anything other than what they paid for which, I assume, you got.

You're right, PWI's cash shop is a rip off. That's why most people avoid it. IF you were only mentioning how painfully expensive it was, I could understand that, but you're complaining about having to spend that money and no...you didn't. You could have played something else, like a subscription game as you mentioned. So I'm sorry, but I lack empathy for you in that regard.

Can't say anything about the rest. I'm guessing "Heroes" is another of their games? I haven't tried anything other than PW, Ether and Jade, and I found them all to be a boring grind. Notice I specified a boring grind, because it can be a grind and still fun. Alas.... And the only time I emailed them I got a response within hours. I have heard their customer support sucks from more than just you though, so that may carry more weight.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

I don't think that cash equals a beta key.  Obviously it wasn't even a thought in the minds of PWI management.  Being a long term customer should matter and it didn't.  I think that they were trying to market new customers.

Heores of the Three Kingdoms is a PWI game. 

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

Hello, we are PWE.

Please give us all your money because our games are the best P2W games in the world, we dont care if u need money to keep u alive or even if u are saving money to buy a house to your lovely family.

we just want your money until we rip your last cent, and then we delete u like trash because we are PWE