Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Force Unleashed II - Why so cheap?

m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why is TFU-II so cheap, selling at $39.00 and not the usual $49.00?  I wasn't going to get it until the price dropped, but it looks like the price dropped before it went on sale image.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by m240gulf

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why is TFU-II so cheap, selling at $39.00 and not the usual $49.00?  I wasn't going to get it until the price dropped, but it looks like the price dropped before it went on sale image.

Could just be a temporary launch sale.  When Halo Reach first launched I found a few places that had special launch sales for that game too.  While some places were selling the game for 60 dollars,  I found a place selling it for 45.  image

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Could be that developers are starting to realize that they make more profit via much higher sales when they don't overprice their games.

I've seen plenty of decent games released lately that cost $20-40, so the industry might just be getting a clue.

• Colossus1979Colossus1979 Member Posts: 125

i doubt them selling it cheaper makes the game any less good....the first one was great imo...i imagine the second one is just as good but i'm not getting it right away.

Played:FFXI, WoW, LOTR,EQ. Playing:FFXIV.
    Looking Forward To:DCU, SWTOR.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Actually the second one was rushed and is pretty bad.

This is reinforced by the horrible critic scores (mid 50s).

Stay away or rent it.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346

Originally posted by Ceridith

Could be that developers are starting to realize that they make more profit via much higher sales when they don't overprice their games.

I've seen plenty of decent games released lately that cost $20-40, so the industry might just be getting a clue.

That and it probably cost far less to make the sequel since they had already got the engine and their development tools all sorted out while making the first.

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

Perhaps because the game isn't going to get many A+ reviews and the first one wasn't excellent as well.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

If it's crap, at least they don't have the nerve to overprice it. That's the whole point.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

A console port is a console port. I used to be happy when games released cheap, now I'm completly suspect.

• DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Alot of places are having black friday sales that started this week. You might have ran into a sale like that too.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

No, sub-par console ports always release at 39.99. Although there have been a few hidden gems, the reality is it's secondary to their purpose, and to be honest the 59.99 is that high because of the ten buck fee Sony and MicroSoft charge to release games on their systems.