Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play a female character as a guy?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by nightfallrob

The only problem with playing a female toon as a guy I've encountered is being hit on by 14 year olds lol. Due to this I tend to stick to playing male toons and just remember that the "female" I'm grouped with is probably one of the M.any M.en O.nline R.oleplaying G.irls.

The best part about playing a female character is being able to tell a dude that just hit on you, that you are, indeed, a dude.

• warfistwarfist Member UncommonPosts: 7

To answer the subject question. Yes.

Why? Depends on the situation. I usually have a character concept that i find entertaining and sometimes a female character fits the design better than a male. One character that I created was a female blood elf paladin that was named after my warlock's succubus and made to resemble said succubus model (as much as possible utilizing available hair/face choices). The other thing about character ceoncepts, especially in the case of WoW, is that they make it easier to play through the tired, busted, endlessly repetitive and entirely uncomplelling content that I had done a dozen times before.

The only other reason to play a female character, that pertains to me, is doing so for shiggles (shits and giggles).

• BadariBadari Member Posts: 6

I asked some guys why they played female characters once. They said that liked to watch the "junk in the trunk" as they run around questing. Seemed like a pretty honest answer to me!

• sl3h3yronsl3h3yron Member Posts: 8

First time posting EVER guys and gals...... well It depends. Like in Guild Wars, certain classes are more appropriate for a female toon, so yes, every once in a while I use a female toon.

• wahala99wahala99 Member UncommonPosts: 147

Almost all my chars are female .... don't really have a reason ... I must be a digital transvestite :)

If Ya Ain't Dyin, Ya Ain't Tryin

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

I'm a girl irl, and I ALWAYS play with female characters. Even when a good class is gender locked (in other games ofc), I just skip it if I can't be female, lol... I love being a girl and I like to have pretty characters. ;o Playing with a male character is weird... Like once my bf wanted to show his new epic weapon on his Barb in PWI and wanted me to try it... A random guy requested a duel and I said, sorry I'm not interested in dueling. Then the guy was like WTF, you're so g@y. I said, No, I'm just a girl irl. :P The guy was like OMFG! XD Then my bf freaked out because that guy was following him asking for his MSN address, LMAO. It was hilarious, but kind of awkward. ^^;

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• gunweapon123gunweapon123 Member Posts: 10

As a male I always play male character, but my bank are always female. I feel weaker playing as a female. As for most of the male's post on here that prefer to play female and mentioned that they prefer to stare at the female ass than male's ass, well most of they are fags/perverted for staring. The game creator did not create the game for you to all stare at asses all day. And most of the guys play female characters tend to trick other male character for money or items........ I bet you if those male playing female character were given an option to turn into a female in rl they would.

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by gunweapon123

As a male I always play male character, but my bank are always female. I feel weaker playing as a female. As for most of the male's post on here that prefer to play female and mentioned that they prefer to stare at the female ass than male's ass, well most of they are fags/perverted for staring. The game creator did not create the game for you to all stare at asses all day. And most of the guys play female characters tend to trick other male character for money or items........ I bet you if those male playing female character were given an option to turn into a female in rl they would.

Then why are all of the chicks as sexy as Sarah Palin? The game creators would have made them less attractive if they didn't want to appeal to masculine desires.

Make it so...

• gunweapon123gunweapon123 Member Posts: 10

female wants to look sexy too you know. otherwise why would they care about their appeal so much in rl

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by nightfallrob

The only problem with playing a female toon as a guy I've encountered is being hit on by 14 year olds lol. Due to this I tend to stick to playing male toons and just remember that the "female" I'm grouped with is probably one of the M.any M.en O.nline R.oleplaying G.irls.

The best part about playing a female character is being able to tell a dude that just hit on you, that you are, indeed, a dude.

Yes I find this to be funny as hell.... I play a Lallafell Female since they look better than thier male counter parts.

Usually though I do play as a male chr.

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

I'd play a chick...    Take mass effects 1,2, the dude just dosent seem to have that strong intimidating voice, but when you play the girl.. that chick  sounds intimidating...  Go with what looks best in the game your playing, kinda like jap mmo's where all the dudes look like chicks anyway..  I mean really, wtf is up that.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

who cares...play what you want, have fun, don't care what others think.

• VikeyevVikeyev Member Posts: 12

ahh yeah i would.

not just  becouse i like to roleplay as a cute cat but also becouse in almost all mmo games the male character looks like shit.

besides would u rather look at a girl during grinding then a male?

seriously females in games less clothes = more armor

Home is where the Heart is.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

I play mostly female characters as looking a guy ass every day is too gayish for me. I really like to look a sexy back of my female characters. The other reason to play as female char is that there is no better pleasure to kick some seflish man ass. In general my characters in MMOs represent a females I like IRL.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Originally posted by wahala99

Almost all my chars are female .... don't really have a reason ... I must be a digital transvestite :)

Hey .. whatever floats your virtual boat !  :)

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Originally posted by Terranah

These are wise words indeed ....  :)

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I've said this time and again, you are playing with electronic dolls. As a male, does it really matter what sex they are?

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by summitus

Originally posted by Terranah

These are wise words indeed ....  :)

*nod* Indeed.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

If the male models in video games continue to be crap, yes I will continue to use female models.  The simple fact is that I have to look at it for a very long time, so it might as well be appealing.  I don't pretend to be a girl or anything, and I use male names, I just prefer the avatar.

In Aion I used male avatars because IMO that was on of the first games to do them well.

• EquinoxaEquinoxa Member UncommonPosts: 10

Now why would I wanna play a female character like e.g. a high elve female in TERA...let me think. Well, to be honest my very first char in a MMO was indeed a male char. I found it to be boring to always have to look at the back of a male char while travelling from A to B. Then I tried my first female char - just to see the difference and since then I've almost always played females in MMOs and, except from Dragon Age, in most RPGs as well..they are more pleasent to look at, more estethic and, strange but true, often a bit underestimated in PvP. In RL I normally wouldn't waste a second glance at a dude walking in front of me, if it's a pretty girl however ...well, answer that for yourself (and yes, girls can look pretty from behind, call it retarded, call it instinct, call it hormones or whatever).

According to a study I recently read it's not only that a lot of dudes choose female chars ingame but most females tend to do so as well...out of different reasons obviously. That's how they explained a female char majority in most MMO populations (according to their numbers, I have no proof and can't find that study anymore, my apologies).

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

Male characters always look much better than females in MMOs. But that's the way I see it lol

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Tazlor

i look at it like this.  would you wear womens clothes and go out in public?  i mean, they're just clothes right?

It sounds like you either perceive your onscreen character to be a representation of yourself, or you are living through that character. For some of us, there's no difference between our GW character and Pac Man ... or Ms Pac Man, for that matter. And, honestly, if Pac Man had an option where people could play the regular character or a character with a pair of massive jugs hanging off his forehead, flopping each time he ate a pellet, I'd bet money that most guys would have no problem using that alternate sprite.

It's surprising that any male beyond the 'girls are icky' stage doesn't understand this.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by Tazlor

i look at it like this.  would you wear womens clothes and go out in public?  i mean, they're just clothes right?

It sounds like you either perceive your onscreen character to be a representation of yourself, or you are living through that character. For some of us, there's no difference between our GW character and Pac Man ... or Ms Pac Man, for that matter. And, honestly, if Pac Man had an option where people could play the regular character or a character with a pair of massive jugs hanging off his forehead, flopping each time he ate a pellet, I'd bet money that most guys would have no problem using that alternate sprite.

It's surprising that any male beyond the 'girls are icky' stage doesn't understnad this.

I preferred Ms. Pac Man. ;)

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Originally posted by Loke666

Whatever. As long as you don't do anything creepy it really doesn't matter to me.

Pretending to be a girl and have cybersex with a someone is creepy.....

Besides that, it is just a game so who cares?

I don't give a damn who my guildmates are IRL, I just want to have some fun playing a game and as long as people are not total @sshats I have no problem playing with them, no matter what sex, skin color, religion, sexuality or whatever. Not that I care much about that IRL anyways, but a game is a fantasy and it is the characters who matters, not the the people behind them.

Only players I heard of that really cares are people who either are desperate and sad enough to try picking up ladies in a game (heard of a bar?) or people enjoying cybersex with strangers.

Wasn't the last "Big bang theories" a little about this subject? When Howards girlfriend walked in while he was cybering with a female troll, who in fact were a dude.

Actually I hold people who try to meet girls online a little higher than bar trolls.  What challenge is there in going to a bar and picking up a drunk chick. Bars are the place to go when you have no game and need alcohol to get some.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Originally posted by wahala99

lolz at this post.....but guess i am guilty too then......altough not ALL my chars are female i still think in real roleplaying terms....mostly my healers or mages are female ingame......the tank and melee dps chars are mostly male.

Its just a game.....i aint looking for dates ingame :p