Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Video of Sith Inquisitor Gameplay

keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Sorry, removed the link since youtube removed it. I guess since it was removed, that answers some questions. Moderators, you can lock this thread if you want :-0

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

meh the combat just looks so dull...

• BoA*BoA* Member UncommonPosts: 159

So far not impressed, but its still way early.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

First the environment looked great, as did the VO sequence. The combat which was obviously low level, seemed a bit stiff and slow. It also looked a bit too easy, which is a common complaint as of late, I hope these issues are looked into before launch.

Overall I'd say what was shown looked decent enough for a game not even in beta yet, there's still some ground to cover for sure though.

Also I'd be leaving an important complaint out if I didn't mention the running animations, they need work.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I actually dont know how old this is or what build it is, its just new on that website and I never saw it before. I dont like the same thing I complained about in the past, the running animations, but the combat looks smooth to me, the fighting animations look fine, the voice overs look great, but anyway it is what it is lol

There Is Always Hope!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by keithianw

I actually dont know how old this is or what build it is, its just new on that website and I never saw it before. I dont like the same thing I complained about in the past, the running animations, but the combat looks smooth to me, the fighting animations look fine, the voice overs look great, but anyway it is what it is lol

The combat/gameplay did look smooth, not enough 'umph' behind it if you know what I mean though. This was obviously low level, so who knows if that was the reason the PC looked a little weak in his swings and abilities. Compared to other MMO's, it's really par for the course.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

This is a beta leak, so I advise you to delete it.

Remember that this is probably a level 1 character (although it is blurred out), he only had 2 abilities apparently.

The quest appealed to me for such an early one.

In combat movement animation still needs work... out of combat seems to have improved...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I know that they're (luckily!) in a continuous process of improvement and polish of the animation and graphical design of the worlds, but I agree that the running animation needs to be improved a LOT, together with other animations.

For the rest, we'll see how things develop, I missed some of the stuff I was looking for and that people talked about, early build maybe?

I favor the crispier, more detailed look of some of the screenshots and videos at the official site, or ingame scenes like the next one:

From those pictures and some other shots I've seen, I think the lighting ingame will be impressive, at least of high quality.

So we'll wait and see.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• Dragon71UKDragon71UK Member Posts: 86

Maybe he was only a low level character as he had a couple of skills. I`m sure combat might spice up a bit later.

Personally I didn`t mind the running or what I saw of the combat. Looks very exciting!

Played WOW (5 years), AOC, AO, EQ2,AC2, Horizons, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, CO, STO(Beta),ROM, Allods, and many other F2P titles. Asl been in beta for many of the main titles and played countless SP games. I have been gaming for 15+ years!

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Meh, just more leaked beta footage.  Wish these folks would spend their time actually testing the game than to be sitting there taking video to earn some sort of leaker rep points or some nonsense.  Doing no one any favors by wasting the testing spot.  But I guess it makes the leakers feel special...

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Dragon71UK

Maybe he was only a low level character ashe hadacouple of skills. I`m sure combatmight spice up a bit later.

Personally I didn`t mind the running or what I saw of the combat. Looks very exciting!

Yea it was not too bad at all and it was pre-sith content so yea low lvl stuff.  Some people are just to critical when it comes to early stages of games.  But that being said I think it would be much better if it had collision detection and no mouse pointer on the screen, but overall not bad.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The feel of that area he was running in reminded me a little bit of the mines in pso. Got me a little hyped hehe.

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

Got exactly the same feeling as the other gameplay vids, boring. The walking animation has been mentioned enough, but I still think the combat animation looks horrific aswell. I thought there was suposed to be collision detection? Or is this only for weapon clashing? Cause I see people drop dead while the weapon clearly does not hit the target. The rest is most likely due to the player being low level and Im sure combat will be much better on higher levels.

The environnement looks rather dull, but I guess this is because its a beginners area.

VO looked very nice, but I couldnt care less at this moment.  VO would be great if the rest of the game is fun and polished, and I am still not convinced by the available footage. I hope there will be high level footage soon, because that will prety much clear the doubt I have, either in a positive or a negative way.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Looked fun to me..

As people already stated,looked like a low level character,but it still got me interested..

Im sure many things we saw in that video will get tweaked and adjusted many times over...yes,prolly including the way his character is running :P

its still way too early to pass judgement.Still, in the end Im sure it wont be everyone's cup of tea....as with ANY MMO.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Looks like an early build. If you compare this video with the Designing the Light Side video you can see the animations have improved.

In Bioware we trust!

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I'll be the first to say, some of that external texturing was reminiscent of another certain popular mmo, no? No footprints in the sand though.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

One of the youtube comments did make me chuckle :)

"WOW, CATACLYSM SURE DOES LOOK NICE HUH."

But yeah ... low level stuff ... little AI nor resistance. Is that the way to feel a Hero ?

Thanks for the link.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Bioware has always been Bad when it came to running animations. As for the combat it looks just as good as wow. Which find to be quite shocking since noone has been able to compete with blizzard in that area.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• rasclatrasclat Member Posts: 10

Wow.  Apart from the running animations and the fact that it seemed a bit too easy, I would say that everything else looked superb.  Can't wait.

Isn't it funny how a quick search for testicular cancer can turn into a wank.

• warpriest812warpriest812 Member UncommonPosts: 58

It looks great. Just some minor things to polish up.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

As much as I love Star Wars I dont find myself at all interested in even trying this game. I guess I will keep waiting for GW2... and play Aion untill then. Might even go recheck out WAR.. Not impressed at all with this footage.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Bioware has always been Bad when it came to running animations. As for the combat it looks just as good as wow. Which find to be quite shocking since noone has been able to compete with blizzard in that area.

Even better than wows. You can see characters block/deflect incoming blows and animations are not just one big blur of color like wows imo.

and the fact that it looks easy...well im guessing thats one of the starting areas...be honest with your self do we REALLY want it hella hard when we are learning a new (semi new mechanics,depending on the way you  look at it) class/mechanics.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I was actually surprised with my thoughts on this vid because I have not really been too impressed with this game outside of my love for lightsabers.  I thought the combat in these videos (compared to the others I've seen) was a bit more interesting and a little faster paced (maybe it's a player that's actually played an MMO before).  While it doesn't blow me away it does look a bit better.  Also in this video the character models seem to mesh a bit better with the environment than they had in the past.  Previously they all looked like shiny plastic action figures and this did not seem to be the case here.  Finally, my favorite thing about this game might actually be how unobtrusive the UI is.  It's almost nonexistant compared to other MMOs where it is taking up the whole screen.

Steam: Neph

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Hm.

You know what I'd have to say about this anyway.

Mene mene tekel uparasin.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• saucelahsaucelah Member Posts: 64

I'm not sure combat animations can make combat more interesting -- the more abilities you have, the more likely you are to be staring at the hotbar waiting for recharge times.  

Playing: Eve, LoL
    Played: EQ, SWG, EQII, MxO,DDO CoX, WoW, & LoTRO
    Awaiting: GW2, Rift, Earthrise, TOR

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Actually, I think they did a pretty good job in DAO but TOR animations are very poor.