Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video card/Zboard contest followup

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

After much waffling back and forth about which card to choose I finally decided upon the GeForce 6800GT. The truth is I was more interested in which one was quieter than anything else. Tinnitus'll do that to you. But I still don't know which one is quieter.

With a couple of e-mails sent back and forth to Admin, the choice was made and ordered by Admin last week. Just before lunch on Monday I received the card via FedEx. It's an XFX GeForce 6800 GT 256mb DDR3 with TV out and DVI out. It came bundled with X2:The Threat, MotoGP, and Commandos 3.

I finally put it in today, replacing a 9600SE I bought about 8 months ago for $80.00. My 3DMark 2001 score went from about 3200 to over 6600. I gained about 10 frames per second in WoW with a noticeable improvement in image quality and draw distance. I still get a bit of a slide show when I go to Orgrimmar but that is probably due more to my P-III 800 than the video card.

I am currently thinking about upgrading my system... But being unemployed sucks... But serendipity brought some money back into my hands earlier than I thought to get it... But I could do with a nice get-a-job suit or jacket... But... But... So i'm still up in the air about this.

I want to express my thanks to Admin, the crew of MMORPG.COM, and Zboard for sponsoring this contest and the many others they hold throughout the year.

Thank you,

Grunty

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

lucky >_> ive been stuck with a geforce 4 MX 440 (the most hated card by gamers) since i snapped my 6800 gt when i tried to take it out and clean it.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Good choice. You will be pleased.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    Congratulations again!