Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda & Bioware drive me insane with all this DLC!

Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
Look, I love the games these guys put out but due to the sick amount of Dlc they offer with every game Im hesitant to buy their games at release. When I know around a year later there will be a super bundle offering everything for the same price as the original game. A great example is dragon age: origins Ultimate collection. The main game, xpac and 9 freaking dlc included. I'm about to yank my hair out!!! Anyone else get frustrated by this?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I just see them as mini expansions.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Look, I love the games these guys put out but due to the sick amount of Dlc they offer with every game Im hesitant to buy their games at release. When I know around a year later there will be a super bundle offering everything for the same price as the original game. A great example is dragon age: origins Ultimate collection. The main game, xpac and 9 freaking dlc included. I'm about to yank my hair out!!! Anyone else get frustrated by this?

Yep. Bundle them together in 1 large one at the end of the road, and I'd be glad.

I understand that it's a means to keep the devs and designers occupied with the product even after the release of the initial game and make a good buck in the meantime (a very good buck) but I'd rather have it less frequent and more at each release.

That's why I only bought the large ME2 ones for now, not the DA:O ones.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• saucelahsaucelah Member Posts: 64

I've recently vowed no more DLC -- even though I know I'm a drop in the bucket that will barely register on their sales.  There's plenty of people out there with disposable income that will still feel the need to own everything in the latest game, but I'm not opening my wallet for anymore of this junk.  And much of it is junk, at least compared to the content the game ships with.  

On a completely unrelated note, the ad for the Myth: Angels Online open beta that has a furry chick whose breasts twitch is fucking hilarious.  

Playing: Eve, LoL
    Played: EQ, SWG, EQII, MxO,DDO CoX, WoW, & LoTRO
    Awaiting: GW2, Rift, Earthrise, TOR

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I like DLCs. They add longevity to the game. The only negative side is that the price points are not great for all DLCs. But I am certain that they become smarter about those in a long run.

I seldom play these game through more than once, so continuing playing my character after few months adds a lot. I just recently played through two DLCs for Mass Effect 2 and was really impressed about the quality of them. Not only did they add new gameplay elements, but also were pretty long.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• patrinnerpatrinner Member Posts: 5

If there are lots of DLC then at least you're sure that they're still doing something or improving the game.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I just think it's to many to soon. Look at ME2 when it releases for ps3 you know Bioware is going to release a sick bundle with all dlc ( I think it's over 10 now lol). And dragon age is what 1 year old and has an expansion and 9 dlc? It's a bit much. If that isn't bad enough then they go ahead after I buy everything and release a damn collection at half the price. Now I'm all worried about getting FO: NV & DA2 right away or freaking waiting a year +.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I like downloadable content as it expands the game for me. Some of is hit and some miss. But one can always wait for player or professional reviews and make one's own mind.

as far as them offering a "supreme edition" that has everything, I say wait the year and get the entire game with the dlc for the lower price.

problem solved.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I like downloadable content as it expands the game for me. Some of is hit and some miss. But one can always wait for player or professional reviews and make one's own mind.
    as far as them offering a "supreme edition" that has everything, I say wait the year and get the entire game with the dlc for the lower price.
    problem solved.

Well that's why I'm frustrated. If I don't want to be milked for my cash and want the full experience of these games I have to wait. I was lucky enough to get my brother to lend me NV to give it a 10-15 hour test run. Other games I would have to suffer through a year long wait while everyone else is ranting and raving about the new epic Bioware & Bethesda games...

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

That part can´t be helped , example Star Craft 2 , now people can either choose to buy the first expansion and play it now .

Or wait another 3 years and then a compilation with all 3 will be released .

Its up to you to decide , what you want to do . play now wait a bit .

2nd some people love it that way , they get to finish the game , instead of shelfing it , another download comes they can replay it again .

Infact if you see the 2nd option , then you infact get more value for your money .

3rd its modern age , where people no longer work for free with patches and updates .

Programmers are asking higher and higher salary , just like your yearly salary goes up , theres if proven more then qualified goes up even more .

The DLC keeps them going back and fixing bugs aside from bringing additional contents .