Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The logic behind battlenet and new char transfers

Ok I haven't played the game in over a year, when I quit I thought I quit for good. I gave my friends my account and pw so they could play my chars as I had like 6 lvl 80's (I played from launch). Anyways now that CATA is around the corner I got the urge to play the game and see what changes have been made (I also got a invite to cata beta testing). 

Anyways heres my question as it has been a big problem for me. 1) they did the battlenet merger accounts, so my friends battlenet account has my WoW account on it.. alright kinda stupid. 

What I think is really fucking dumb is now you can transfer chars from one account to another account that doesn't share the same name. Before you could only transfer a char from an account under the registered name "john smith" to another account registered with john smith. 

Now you can transfer a char from the registered account john smith, to a registered account Lisa G. What the fuck was the reasoning behind this? I mean I know that it will generate more cash for blizzard, but doesn't this just open the doors for selling chars in the real world? for people who hack accounts to easily steal a char etc. 

I'm really pissed off at my friend for merging his battlenet account with my WoW account, but to be perfectly honest I was 100% I was finally done with the game. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway to get my account back to my personal battlenet account (i have one since I play war3, sc2 etc. ) 

Comments

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

The EULA forbids you to give out your account information to anyone.  This means that you will have trouble trying to get your account separated from your friend's battlenet account.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

If you can convince Blizzard that your account was stolen, they might undo the merge to return it to you. Otherwise, I don't think there is any way.

Please don't blame your friend too hard for doing what he did. Blizzard required all accounts to be merged. So merging was the only way your friend could keep playing WoW.

• yoyoyoblakayoyoyoblaka Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by Vrika

If you can convince Blizzard that your account was stolen, they might undo the merge to return it to you. Otherwise, I don't think there is any way.

Please don't blame your friend too hard for doing what he did. Blizzard required all accounts to be merged. So merging was the only way your friend could keep playing WoW.

Yes I understand that 100% but he has 3 WoW accounts on one battle net account. Is it possible to play 2 of those accounts at once? I mean because both are under the same battlenet account and password, is it possible for one person to play on one account and the other to play on the other?