Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Starcraft II Hands-On Demo

12345679»

Comments

• DreamorbDreamorb Member Posts: 20

I am beginning to lose faith in humanity and the intellect of mankind. The diatribes in this thread concerning the reasons why of this little report was written.

- People stating that this is not a MMO, and therefore doesn't belong here. Yet they clicked on the thread, read the report, and not only this - some felt the need to question the legitimacy of it here in writing. The fail of logic is that they did indeed have the urge to read it in the first place.

- People stating that mmorpg.com receives money to advertise on behalf of Blizzard etc, when in truth you would have had to be living in a cave for the past years, not knowing the release of Starcraft 2. Mmorpg dweller or not. Not only this, but it is merely a report on 15 minutes usage of the game, where the reporter writes; if you liked the first, you will probably like the 2nd. If this is advertising for Blizzards up-coming game, then it would be poor marketing, if nothing else.

The reporter got the chance to play it and gave his best shot on the information he could aquire from this experience, hence giving some feedback to the crowd, without such a chance.

And it paid off. Beta-testers have elaborated on the report with their own insight, much to everyones pleasure. How could it not? All who have read it, must have had interest in the game itself.

When the enemy is driven back, we have failed, and when he is cut off,
    encircled and dispersed, we have succeeded.

• Skratch1320Skratch1320 Member Posts: 162

I got on the beta when I preordered the game.

Its the Warcraft 3 engine, enhanced, with Star Craft content. A lot of the old is in with the new, just made prettier.

The real meat to the potatoes, IMO, is the modding ability. They've made it possible to basically recreate the game. I've seen FPS's, several World of Starcraft attempts, and even remakes of our favorite side scrollers.

"Rehab is for quitters."

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Skratch1320

I got on the beta when I preordered the game.

Its the Warcraft 3 engine, enhanced, with Star Craft content. A lot of the old is in with the new, just made prettier.

The real meat to the potatoes, IMO, is the modding ability. They've made it possible to basically recreate the game. I've seen FPS's, several World of Starcraft attempts, and even remakes of our favorite side scrollers.

LOL that made me laugh (orange) - your right all they did was use the WC3 engine, replace a few models and add shadows.. those cheap bastards.  oh BTW I am being sarcastic, no they did not reuse the WC3 engine to make SC2.

vs

• JackyM2010JackyM2010 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Stradden

MMORPG.com's Joe Iuliani makes this report from his recent experience at a hands-on demo of Blizzard's upcoming Starcraft II.

One of the highlights for me at PaxEast was having the opportunity to get some hands on play time for Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. For those of you who may be unaware, SCII is the follow up Real Time Strategy game brought to you from the folks at Blizzard. Love them or hate them, Blizzard doesn't disappoint in the creation of a quality game. There is a general fervor surrounding any Blizzard release. I don't think I'm alone in this line of thinking, and I certainly wasn't alone in my desire to get my hands on this game.

Fortunately for me, I had a little inside knowledge where SCII would be displayed. This insider info allowed me to make my way to the prominently displayed NVIDIA exhibit. Both the representatives from NVIDIA and Blizzard did an outstanding job of controlling the masses. As such, I stepped up to a keyboard and began.

Read Starcraft II Hands-On Demo.

Great review and thank you for sharing with us  image Just my two Cent image Lolz

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

sorry to bump his post but starcraft 2 demo is out today.