Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My "non-review" review of this game.

ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62

Ok, well I got into the beta.  Unfortunately I can't review this game properly because it was in such poor shape when I got there I couldn't bring myself to play it.  I've played dozens of MMO's and even play a 2d one to this day, but this one is to bad to play for even an hour.  It looks like a late 90's alpha rather than a 2010 beta in phase 2.  Skip this one.  They have some cool concepts and ideas, they just don't have the skill or money to pull any of it off.  It's like this game was created by Jr High kids on weekends just to see if they could do it.

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

seeing there is an NDA on this, this will get erased or should...

I also can tell you lack the experince  to  test indies, When they are in early stages of BETA'S.......... This game is not releasing next week  like most beta's, some of you should not test games really....

Should of seen WOW during alpa.....  it was like running around with stick figures....  indies let people in earlier then most games, 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Omg, I hate your name right now lol. It's to early for me I guess. I saw my "non-review" review of this game and then Darkcrystal and for w/e reason blanked on it being a posters name. 

Here I thought for a brief moment there was al MMO based on The Dark Crystal out there somewhere lol. I need some coffee lol. 

• goobernautgoobernaut Member Posts: 6

I also can tell you lack the experince  to  test indies, When they are in early stages of BETA'S.......... This game is not releasing next week  like most beta's, some of you should not test games really....

Should of seen WOW during alpa.....  it was like running around with stick figures....  indies let people in earlier then most games, 

You really have no idea what the World of Warcraft Alpha looked like, but here are a collection of screenshots from Alpha, you know of the "Stick Figures."

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5886/lepassdewowfo5.jpg -- Login

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3078/lepassdewow1vh1.jpg -- Character Creation

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2721/playerhousing.jpg  -- Alpha Player Housing

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1516/stvt.jpg -- Alpha Stranglethorn Vale

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/1993/lepassdewow83rw5.jpg -- Alpha Scarlet Monastery

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9378/orgrimmar.jpg -- Alpha Orgrimmar

Some of the very first builds of WoW Alpha can be found here:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/exploration/278875-world-of-warcraft-water-2001-alpha.html

So, yeah, 100% stick figures. Or, you are talking out your you know what.

Some more WoW Alpha and Pre-Alpha screens

http://wowvault.ign.com/screenshots/?subcat=53

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by goobernaut

You really have no idea what the World of Warcraft Alpha looked like, but here are a collection of screenshots from Alpha, you know of the "Stick Figures."

I'm going to guess that he was so wrong you just had to create an account. :P

But yea, notice how in those pictures it almost looks EXACTLY like it did in retail, minus some of the Menu Bar's icons (I don't recognize the orc head.)

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by Benthon

But yea, notice how in those pictures it almost looks EXACTLY like it did in retail, minus some of the Menu Bar's icons (I don't recognize the orc head.)

The orc head is a green spider, if you are referring to the one on the bottom right. It was used in alpha to report bugs. And yes, he actually was so wrong I had to make an account.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

The orc head is a green spider, if you are referring to the one on the bottom right. It was used in alpha to report bugs. And yes, he actually was so wrong I had to make an account.

Was this you on a private server messing with the alpha client? I ask because I see the pictures hosted from Imageshack. The player housing one, I don't believe, is actually player housing. I did my fair share of PS'ing for BC and WotLK, and I've found that particular island a few times running around. I'm just curious, don't worry as I won't go rushing to the roflpolice.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Was this you on a private server messing with the alpha client? I ask because I see the pictures hosted from Imageshack. The player housing one, I don't believe, is actually player housing. I did my fair share of PS'ing for BC and WotLK, and I've found that particular island a few times running around. I'm just curious, don't worry as I won't go rushing to the roflpolice.

Can't say it was me, it was posted on the WoW Forums, I assume it is legit since it was not removed by the moderators.

• TehKlendTehKlend Member Posts: 17

I facepalmed so hard....

Wow alpha was roughly 6+ years ago....this game is NOW. If you wanna do the whole wow clone argument, dont make yourself out to be a total ass doing it.

• Thats true, but you could also argue that blizzard is and was a much bigger company. 

To avoid getting disappointed people should realize what the game is.

Some more WoW Alpha and Pre-Alpha screens

http://wowvault.ign.com/screenshots/?subcat=53

Thats  not alpa SS's your talking out of your behide... geta clue..That was made during beta OB... They never even had that log in screen then....

You have never tested enough games to know what they look like in early stages , I ,m in the gaming design end, they all start out as a drawing, then nearly a stick figure or close to it.... Some of you testers do not always see it unless your there day 1 of alpha, some  games do not even have chars there yet, you move around the world......

You would know that if you built any game engines. I have.. So I can have you call the school, I belong to, and show ya what REAL alpha looks like. I get paid to test games ....

Originally posted by TehKlend

I facepalmed so hard....

Wow alpha was roughly 6+ years ago....this game is NOW. If you wanna do the whole wow clone argument, dont make yourself out to be a total ass doing it.

Wrong release was 6 yrs ago, Alpa was 8 -9 yrs back...

• ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62

There is nothing quite so satisfying as to return and see how idiotic comments like this are.  Now we can look and see that a few months later this game is still in an alpha state, with players who bought accounts being testers/investors (I use the term investor very loosly because they have invested in the game with no real possibility of any financial return).  This game will die the moment the money for "developing" it runs out.  Oh if only this game could have just been vaporware, rather than the dismal money pit for the unwary gamer that it has sadly become.

And no I don't lack the experience to beta test.  I, like several others, simply wanted to warn people against waisting time and money on a project that shouldn't even qualify to be featured on this site as an MMO.  It's just some shitty unstable program that has graphix in it. Better off getting "Pools of Radiance" circa 1988.  At least that won't crash every time you enter a building.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

This thread is so full of win. I thought it was that overhyped game Archeage. I guess I misread. Then I looked at it again and sao Aerrevan and was like arer-what? I've never even heard of this game :)

I also very much agree with the sticks in WoW. WoW keeps it's "sticks" even now to beat other MMOs :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

This discussion has been closed.