Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about playing Aion

Pelerin118Pelerin118 Member Posts: 2

Hi everyone, I usually wouldn't post something like this 'cos I know the best way to find out if you like a game (or not) is to play it yourself.

I've always been interested in Aion during development, through release & with Aion 2.0 / Assault on Balaurea the game caught my attention again. I've always had every intention to play Aion, but i also had every intention to wait until they released a Trial of some sort, so i could actually try the game out & see if i like it before i buy - but as you know, that still hasn't happened.

First things first, is there some way i can try this game without buying it? Like a Buddy-Key or anything like that? Also, if there is a Buddy-Key system how does it work & how do i get one. Faiing that, I'll get onto the point of this post:

My favourite MMORPGs have been Vanguard, RoM, LotRO & more recently BoI but i am now, again - looking for a new game to play & after BoI (PWE) i would like that game to be P2P. Now I've played almost every fantasy MMO out there ATM (atleast the ones that interested me) & nothing is holding my attention right now.

This is how Aion came to mind, always wanted to play it.

The only complaints I've ever heard about this game are the grind & the PvP (two things i don't really care about) I'm primarily a solo-player but i need group content in a game, such as group-quests, dungeons etc - I love a good dungeon drawl. Another thing to note is that I'm far more interested in the journey then i am in end-game, I'm the kind of person who reads all the quest dialogue & gets involved in the story.

Will Aion have what I'm looking for? A nice long PvE adventure with plenty of quests, dungeons & adventure?

EDIT: Also, I like crafting & I like to have alot of equip slots (& bosses to drop cool loot for said slots) collecting awesome gear is important too.

I think that's all, thanks for reading & if you want me to clarify anything just ask.

Comments

• acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by Pelerin118

Hi everyone, I usually wouldn't post something like this 'cos I know the best way to find out if you like a game (or not) is to play it yourself.

I've always been interested in Aion during development, through release & with Aion 2.0 / Assault on Balaurea the game caught my attention again. I've always had every intention to play Aion, but i also had every intention to wait until they released a Trial of some sort, so i could actually try the game out & see if i like it before i buy - but as you know, that still hasn't happened.

First things first, is there some way i can try this game without buying it? Like a Buddy-Key or anything like that? Also, if there is a Buddy-Key system how does it work & how do i get one. Faiing that, I'll get onto the point of this post:

My favourite MMORPGs have been Vanguard, RoM, LotRO & more recently BoI but i am now, again - looking for a new game to play & after BoI (PWE) i would like that game to be P2P. Now I've played almost every fantasy MMO out there ATM (atleast the ones that interested me) & nothing is holding my attention right now.

This is how Aion came to mind, always wanted to play it.

The only complaints I've ever heard about this game are the grind & the PvP (two things i don't really care about) I'm primarily a solo-player but i need group content in a game, such as group-quests, dungeons etc - I love a good dungeon drawl. Another thing to note is that I'm far more interested in the journey then i am in end-game, I'm the kind of person who reads all the quest dialogue & gets involved in the story.

Will Aion have what I'm looking for? A nice long PvE adventure with plenty of quests, dungeons & adventure?

EDIT: Also, I like crafting & I like to have alot of equip slots (& bosses to drop cool loot for said slots) collecting awesome gear is important too.

I think that's all, thanks for reading & if you want me to clarify anything just ask.

The only thing that stopped me from playing this game before was that my brother, who works in a different country, has problems playing this game(his ISP sucks, very laggy in playing this). So after my first month, and reaching lvl35 Glad and lvl20 Chanter, I stopped playing this game. So we played different MMORPGs that he and me can play w/o any problems.

But now my brother has been promoted and thus, he has his hands full so I decided to play this game because I always loved it. Now I just resub and am enjoying the game. TBH, this game is a contender against WoW. So yes, you should definitely try this game, your $40 won't go to waste trust me.

EDIT: If you can see on my Xfire sig, I played FFXIV. I just quit this week cause it was too slow for me. Now that is a waste of $50 hard-earned cash.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Aion is a very beautifull asian style pvpe mmo, wile it can be a bit on the "cutesy" side sometimes it is well made and very eye pleasing. the best parts of Aion are the character details and combat animation. it's a bit linear, but the zones are quite large. wile you cannot completely avoid all pvp (sometimes it's just inflicted upon you) you can choose to avoid most of it. you can definately level all the way to 55 and almost never pvp.

levelling is fun, there are tons of solo quests as well as many group quests. wile you can play this game completely solo there are whole quest chains that require you to group up in order to go into elite zones. you will want to complete these quests especially if you are into the story line. the grind has been largely removed, but still levelling is moderately slow.

end game is mostly dedicated to pvp, there are only a few repetable dungeons and all the best gear is gained with Abyss points which are gained from pvp. still, it will take you a few months to get to 55. if you absolutely do not want to pvp you will find yourself pretty bored at end level.

is it what you'r looking for? hard to say but it's definately worth the money even just to play it for a few months.

• ftAnPucr9ftAnPucr9 Member Posts: 26

I played Aion until level 50. Mainly stopped because the server was empty, noone around to PVP with. Perhaps thats better now after server merges. I miss it a little bit, its a beautiful game. Amazing character customization, lots of cool emotes and pretty things. However the PVE dungeons is not so advanced as for example warcraft, no theorycrafting around to meassure your dps skills and such.

Thinking about playing again to level 55 but I am afraid it will be an empty world again at level cap and it takes a lot of time to level. Took me at least 3 months of all day long full time gaming to level to 50. If it did'nt took so long I would level up my sorc too. Being a melé character in the game have some disadvantages because of latency  and it's a lot of fast movements, at least in PVP.