Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The release date guessing game and reasons

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Lets see, I predict:

4th quarter 2010 (Closed beta )

1st Quarter 2011 (Revisions)

2nd quarter 2011 Revamp because of major issues

3rd Quarter 2011 Closed Beta again

4th Quarter 2011 (Maybe open Beta for a stress test)

1st Quarter 2012 Revisions

2nd Quarter of 2012 More minor revisions open beta again

3rd quarter-4th quarter 2012 RELEASE to Public

That is my Guess

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

You expect CBT to start 2  years before release?  Good luck.

• StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

By the time they release, the 26th iteration of "X2/3" will eclipes all know sci-fi games. :) Or we will be able to just jump into a REAL starfighter. At any rate this thing has been in development for so long I'm pretty much not caring anymore. I hope for you guys that the money dosn't run out and they have to push it out not ready.

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Given the tidbits that have been dropped about what's going on in their internal testing, I'd guess CB will start Nov/Dec, OB Apr 2011, release May 2011.

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Styij

By the time they release, the 26th iteration of "X2/3" will eclipes all know sci-fi games. :) Or we will be able to just jump into a REAL starfighter. At any rate this thing has been in development for so long I'm pretty much not caring anymore. I hope for you guys that the money dosn't run out and they have to push it out not ready.

For heaven's sake, the game has only been in development since 2007. That's not long at all for a mmo. Not even close.

• xandarr2000xandarr2000 Member Posts: 10

Wait if i read your chart right....yes yes, the game should release somewhere around the mayan doomsday! OMG Jumpgate will herald the end of the world....

Yes I know i stink but I couldnt resist sorry to be a troll!

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

Not quite.  It was announced in summer 2007 and they said at that time both that development had started in 2006 and that they were doing a "graphical spruce up" of the old game (Jumpgate) and that it would release in 2008.

Then the plan was changing, and they were putting more in because things were going so well, and it would be ready when it was ready.  Codemasters and Amazon and places with preorders had ship date guesses in 2009.

Then they were making this awesome PVE + PVP living world space sim, and the preorder guesses were like June 2010, but really it would only be released when it was done.

Then they wouldn't say anything for a while.  Then the lead guy left or was fired and who knows what else happened.

Now they are making a much simpler PVP game (but still with some pretty cool ideas), and they apparently threw out a bunch of work, and started over.  So it sounds like they've only been in development for real since they changed leadership.

So we've been waiting three years for a game they've now really been working on for less than one.   If you like PVP, which I do, parts of the game still sound great, but I'm disappointed about all the other space sim features that were tossed aside.  Let's just not fool ourselves into thinking they've been working on this game since 2007.

• StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

Sounds like a really bad case of project scope creep. Changing the primary goals of a project midcourse can be disasterous. Sounds like the original ideas of the updated product were forgotten or not stressed in every aspect of design and production. I was really hoping for an indeapth sci-fi space game played from a cockpit concept but now it sounds like a vanilla shooter...that's too bad.

• MrNecronMrNecron Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Styij

HELL YEAH MAN! Lets just make real starfighters. Eve Online and JGE got nothing on that. You do realize however that if we make real starfighters... I'm going to want to shoot at things in space. Just so you know going into this... we will have a space war.

Or maybe... star... wars....?

*hears the music in the distance*

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

IF JGE is released in 2011, I will be surprised.  I bet someone else will buy them out or they will redesign it.  I just dont see it coming out for at least another 2 years.  This game has been dragging on way to long.

I am itching to play it too.  Played the original Jumpgate and got to rank 25 in that game.  My favorite though, was Earth and Beyond.  I would go back to that game in a heartbeat.  I had a blast playing it.

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

they got a *cough* emu *cough* of E&B runs verry nice an still tons of fun.

sorry i cant list it here, drop me a message on my profile tho if you want the http...image

as far as the new jumpgate , whew to long with no real updates for me but that's just me..

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

If their lack of communicatng to the public is any indication how they do business.. this doesn't bode well..  They change directions more then a wind vane in a hurricane..  Game change, website change, no communication whatsoever.. I would be surprised IF this game ever goes public..

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

There was a bunch of communication under their first Product Manager.  He told us lots of things about what the game was and wasn't going to be, like in 2008.  Thrilled some fans, riled up some others. 

Then they went quiet in 2009, then we heard the first guy left, then it stayed quiet....

Waiting to see what their strategy is, and whether they're going F2P or not.  I'm still hopeful, but it looks like their plan isn't "first to market".  Let's hope it's "quality".  But I'm real interested to see how the game stacks up to BP.  When they were doing a big living universe game, BP didn't matter.  But now they've changed to an action-combat only title, so BP is a direct competitor.