Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No more server transfers - only copy to EQ2X..?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I'm wondering if the removal of the server transfer token has been issued because of the coming server merges, or if the removal is permanent to force us, EQ2 live players, to be only able to copy our character to EQ2X.

If the server transfer token is removed permanently, then the merges of the EQ2 live servers are clearly a way of SOE to tell us to shove it and move to EQ2X. And that for $10 more than the old server transfer token. Not to mention that with the copy your character is stripped of almost everything, while with the transfer you keep all your stuff...

Once more, not a fair deal by SOE, but we should expect nothing less from SOE by now >:(

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

server transfer token only worked for same acct diff server transfers

if you wanted to transfer characters to different accounts -- you had to call them

http://everquest2.com/shop/charactertransfer

the token was probably temporarily removed with the pending server merges coming

but I assume you can still call them to do transfers for 25.00

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Nadia

the token was probably temporarily removed with the pending server merges coming

but I assume you can still call them to do transfers for 25.00

I hope this indeed is the case. But knowing SOE's past reputation we're probably screwed when they "forget" to return the token...

• JenadaraJenadara Member Posts: 95

I doubt they will completely remove that option.  It's something that makes them $$$.  And you know how they love that marketplace. ;)