Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are girls playing MMO's hotter than those who don't?

Comments

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114

My GF's hot and she plays MMO's :D

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Gardavil2

"HOT" is in the eye and mind of the beholder.

What is "hot" to you or others may not be "hot" to me at all.

nuff said.

Impossible. Any guy who isn't into Asian women in lab coats and cat ears is just plain weird and doesn't understand true hotness.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Given that recent slideshow of females from the convention, one would be hard pressed to say that they are.

Then again, one would be hard pressed to be certain of the gender of some of those persons appearing in the slideshow.

Given the Girls of Blizzcon video, I simply reiterate what I stated earlier.

You can look at a lot of the con things:

Models that do not play the game but are hired to stand around - HOT.

Players - NOT.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Thinks you look good in that +1 chainmail.

Is never going to touch you, ever. Nerd.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

This is a bait post but i will bite .

Ok here the issue is that you are online , playing a MMO looking for a hot girl .

Means

1 you are a insecure dweep perhaps ugly , no social real life , not that succesfull in real life .

But looking for a hot girl ??  that alone validates if you ever get a HOT girl , in real life some smug would steal it in no time.

2 You are out for something else , intelligence and empathy are more important then looks .

And if girl is suppose to be hot , well nobody would say no , but Character and intelligence greater then hotness .

Sorry but time to wake you nerds looking for hot chicks up .

They aren´t interested , cause you dont know if they are hot or not .

There is such small percentage of hot chicks online , those usually were the nerds in the cornor at school you ignored.

Just they started to use makeup and wear less clothings , and change glasses for contact lenses.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

It always cracks me up when a guy with one of those “My Colour is” signatures says something that is totally out of their ‘colour character’.

Mr Rockgod99 sounds like a dedicated family man who loves his wife dearly. He is also a ‘corrupting influence on those around me” and “at worst parasitic and amoral.” :)

• tswthoradintswthoradin Member Posts: 83

I like smart and nerdy girls, that said, if she can think for herself, likes video games and is willing to sleep with me, I could care less if she role plays or not. A girl shouldn't role play to impress me, she should do what she enjoys. As long as she doesn't expect me to do it I am ok with however she decides to play. Although I am willing to role play in video games if she is willing to role play in other more private settings. Oh and in before comments how I am ugly or a nerd or any of that other crap because i said "if she is willing to sleep with me" I have male anatomy and I am straight, that means I really like women who sleep with me.

• sorrysoldoutsorrysoldout Member Posts: 14

can i just say. cougars DO NOT EXISt. Don't be fooled folks/

you're a has been that never was

• jackoshadowsjackoshadows Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by sorrysoldout

can i just say. cougars DO NOT EXISt. Don't be fooled folks/

Considering much of my early "education" was provided by such mythic creatures, they do indeed exist.  Sadly, there are more looking like Marge Simpson than Demi Moore.....

And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

Personally I think that any girl that plays video games and I mean like cool video games and not those stupid princess games and as long as they're somewhat appealing to the eyes is always hotter than hot girls that want nothing to do with video games.

And really what it comes down to is, girls that play video games have a much better imagination.  One that is much more similar to guys that play video games.  So yeah, as long as they're not fugly, girls that play video games are hotter.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

No not really hotter. THat being said there are HOT girls that game... Why? For me its due to my profession, owner operator truck driver here.. I game while out on the road when I am parked at night, its a nice way to spend time. When I am home I like to use that time for my other hobbies such as surfing, SCUBA, Jet skiing, camping, offroading, and College football (GO NOLES!), Even though I do stil tabletop wargame too when i am home sometimes. To me I would prefer a girl that I could go enjoy those other hobbies with, with the little time I have to do them.

I have dated girls in the past that have gamed. Which was ok I suppose. However alot of gamers get completely addicted and thats all they ever want to do, this includes girls.  After I got into truck driving I started to cherish my time with my other hobbies alot more. My current girlfriend is a 27 year old hot blonde. We have a little one together.  She has her interests while I am away and we enjoy our similiar interests while I am home. It works better like that, rather  than spending all the time we have together looking at a screen instead of each other.

• WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by GTwander

Thinks you look good in that +1 chainmail.

Is never going to touch you, ever. Nerd.

Top girl is clearly wearing her epic gear with a set bonus that gives +150 charisma.. so she is the hotter one :P

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by Scot

It always cracks me up when a guy with one of those “My Colour is” signatures says something that is totally out of their ‘colour character’.
    Mr Rockgod99 sounds like a dedicated family man who loves his wife dearly. He is also a ‘corrupting influence on those around me” and “at worst parasitic and amoral.” :)

Haha! You got me. I exploited the survey so I could get the color black. When I did it for real it turned out green :( my favorite single color deck has always been black. Mtg rocked!!!!!! So I jimmy'd it. Yeah I'm a family man.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I'd say there ARE hot MMO girls out there. Playing MMO's frequently (3-4hrs a day) probably doesn't do much good for your physique, though.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• AteraanAteraan Member Posts: 36

I'm guessing this would depend entirely on the game and genre. I've found many a hot girl on RP games and many not so hot, but then you have to remember it is the same for men, eh? I think the hottest geek girl was the little known computer hacker on Hackers. Little known until today of course as she goes by the name Angela Jolie.image

TORG - Text Only Roleplaying Game, the only way to go. http://www.ateraan.com

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Really?

This thread is beyond stupid.

Originally posted by Benthon

I'd say there ARE hot MMO girls out there. Playing MMO's frequently (3-4hrs a day) probably doesn't do much good for your physique, though.

Just watch that episode of South Park about RPG's and to define that to a T.

• LadyKejiLadyKeji Member Posts: 4

I think this thread is beyond silly too! But just to put my two cents worth in..  I don't want to sound conceited but I know I'm cute and I've played text based games as a hobby for 8 years and still loving it. Because it's fantasy rp, I try to break the mold with what I am IRL and make my characters scruffy, wild and messy looking. Bottom line, texty hot girls can do ugly good and put mmorpg girls to shame.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No. But sharing interests is good of course, particularly if it is something that take so much time.

So if gaming is your only interest finding a girl/guy who likes the same is a good idea. But I dom't see how that would make them "hotter".

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Aglaranna

Really?

This thread is beyond stupid.

I mean, seriously?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Ateraan

Originally posted by Benthon

Just watch that episode of South Park about RPG's and to define that to a T.

Yeah, Lol that episode is rather close to the truth. But they played more than 3-4 hours a day, if you scrap stuff like TV and do something a bit more physically challenging as well there shouldn't be any problem there.

But I do know some hardcore players of both sexes that only play MMOs, unemployed with only one interest and all of them are in bad need of a long shower.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Pic's of my wife and I at thanksgiving.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4822/img6057f.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4424/img5976q.jpg

We play all games together: MMO/FPS/RTS/RPG.

We play MMO's almost everyday together. I find her quite beautiful.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Love the signature End Dream. Ultima Online, yes I remember it, but do you remember Ultima I?

• kalligirlkalligirl Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by LadyKeji

I think this thread is beyond silly too! But just to put my two cents worth in..  I don't want to sound conceited but I know I'm cute and I've played text based games as a hobby for 8 years and still loving it. Because it's fantasy rp, I try to break the mold with what I am IRL and make my characters scruffy, wild and messy looking. Bottom line, texty hot girls can do ugly good and put mmorpg girls to shame.

I do the same thing! If you make the hot girl you get nothing but hit on.

Question? What's a texty girl?

• LadyKejiLadyKeji Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by kalligirl

Originally posted by LadyKeji

I do the same thing! If you make the hot girl you get nothing but hit on.

Question? What's a texty girl?

It's a reference to the game I play, New Worlds Ateraan. A TORG or Text Only Roleplaying Game. Theres a few posts here and there about it but the reason I am all about it is that you get much more mature players and more important is the intensity of the depth of roleplay.

This discussion has been closed.