Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been subed a couple of weeks now. It is not a blow my socks off game but it is not that bad.

2»

Comments

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by Logos1326

There is a penalty now. If your ship blows up you might get critical damage that can only be repaired at spacedock or with special repair parts. You still respawn but your ship or you have stat penalties based on any critical damage. Same thing if you die. If you die you get critical injuries that need healing kits to repair or spacedock medical. So the more you die the harder a mission can get. There is also a difficulty setting so you can play on easy if you don't want to deal with injuries, or higher setting if you want a harder challenge and more death penalties.

Does this start at a specific level? I am only level 6 and I don't seem to suffer any issues after blowing up, as far as I can tell.  Got my ship scanned for repairs and it said it was fine. 

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

The death penalty doesn't apply to PvP at all. Even at elite the penatly is still negligible, especially since you can stack the repair kits . So it's basically pointless , and not very expensive.  Meh, typical Cryptic game , let's not make the game too difficult , because someones feeling might get hurt. Their games are basically on easy mode .

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by fallenlords

Originally posted by Logos1326

There is a penalty now. If your ship blows up you might get critical damage that can only be repaired at spacedock or with special repair parts. You still respawn but your ship or you have stat penalties based on any critical damage. Same thing if you die. If you die you get critical injuries that need healing kits to repair or spacedock medical. So the more you die the harder a mission can get. There is also a difficulty setting so you can play on easy if you don't want to deal with injuries, or higher setting if you want a harder challenge and more death penalties.

Does this start at a specific level? I am only level 6 and I don't seem to suffer any issues after blowing up, as far as I can tell.  Got my ship scanned for repairs and it said it was fine. 

Not sure.. I start noticing them when I hit Lt Cmdr. The difficulty you have it on makes a difference. Only time I really get a lot of criticals is when I die on hard mode. Only get them once in a while on advanced, and pretty much never on easy.