Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few Questions

UniveUnive Member Posts: 133

Thinking of picking this game up today or tomorrow and I had a few things I was curious about

1. Can you see the population of the server before starting on one? Such as "High" "Low" "Full".

2. Has Elyos at all been balanced? I have heard horror stories about how weak Elyos are.

3. This relates to question one but I will ask it anyway, what are the populations like at each stage of the game? Will I buy the game create a character and not see any other players till I get to 20? Will I be playing a MSingelplayerORPG?

Comments

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Actually it's an easy one to answer

1. If you go Elyos, any server except Vaizel. If you go Asmodian, don't bother, Vaizel is closed to new accounts.

2. Elyos pretty much dominated all servers before and after last server merge. We had two asmo dominated servers, but down to one after last week.

3. There are enough players to play any lvls, only problem is if you play asmodians.

You can blame NCSoft all you want but there are almost 4 Elyos for 1 Amos players all servers combined. And after last server merge most asmo that were lucky enough transfered to the only asmo dominated server... Vaizel.

• UniveUnive Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by BoudahXL

Actually it's an easy one to answer

1. If you go Elyos, any server except Vaizel. If you go Asmodian, don't bother, Vaizel is closed to new accounts.

2. Elyos pretty much dominated all servers before and after last server merge. We had two asmo dominated servers, but down to one after last week.

3. There are enough players to play any lvls, only problem is if you play asmodians.

You can blame NCSoft all you want but there are almost 4 Elyos for 1 Amos players all servers combined. And after last server merge most asmo that were lucky enough transfered to the only asmo dominated server... Vaizel.

Interesting

• UniveUnive Member Posts: 133

So I have to say it was worth it so far, I am only level 10 and just got gladiator and doing some quests in sanctum. Checking out crafting and doing some of that right now. I love the feeling of there being so much I can do.

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Yes Aion has evolved greatly in term of PvE, it seems they are focusing a lot more. I`d go as far as to say 2.005 is the golden age of PvE in Aion. 

Compared to launch:

-More XP

-More quests

-More kinah per quests.

-Adjusted loot table under lvl20, sadly upward 30 to 55 it just gonna suck as you progress. If they could make it like 1-20, oh well.

-Daily quests

-New zones

-Level cap raised

-More items, wings, extendable items, etc..

-New weapon mechanic, aka armfusion

Now for the bad part

-PvP is non-existent, all you see is either ganking or dredge which at 51+ is mainly a pve race up to captain.

-Forts never rotate due to the incapacity of Balaur(NPC Faction) to take them back and major server imbalance. For example Divine fortress has been owned by the same factions for months, some server since launch lol

-Drop rate is nowhere near time/effort vs reward

-Random system applied to everything, e v e r y t h i n g...

-Gear imbalanced (everything is gear related, skill has little to do with the outcome of a combat)

-Uninspired veteran reward (basically you get one good reward every few months other than that it's running scrolls and potions and rez stones)

-Cheater/hackers, still roam freely even when reported with screenshots and videos.

-RMT, hell even NCSoft is now providing means to do RMT.

-Economy is fucked up. No way a new player can acquire anything worth buying in the game. 

-Still no balance for flight combat

Anyway i hope it summarize my thoughts on the game which I've been playing on and off since launch amongst other mmo titles.