Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows STO now? Is it still a total C-Store rip off?

MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Last time I played was my free month on release day, is it any better or still a rushed out cheap game totally designed to rip off the customer by depriving them of key things like character slots, ship slots and the like then selling them on the C-Store? 

OR

Have they come to their senses, realise all but the brain washed fan boys have found them out and are now giving us the rest of the game for free rather than posting it on the C-Store in bits :)

Are away missions still consisting of beaming down to small rectangular planets that have a handful of enemies guarding flashy things?

Are all the different places still using the same tiled backgrounds, computers, plants, pasted over and over and over etc?

Are rooms still 6 million feet high

Are the space missions still go here....keel teh alien space ships.......beam to station....fight 6 groups of enemy.......beam back to ship.......kill more space ships.......repeat till suicidal.

Do you still bounce of planets if you fly too close to them LOL

Does every door send you into an instance?

Basically I am just wondering if this game is still a festering pile of bullshit that uses the COH engine with ST skins?

Comments

• PogmahonePogmahone Member Posts: 22

It has improved from the pile of S**** that it was. They added weekly series (with story line) STF'S (mini raid's) more missions and Diplomatic ranks.  Season 3 releases on Dec. 3rd with mission replay and user generated content. But the best I can say is try it.

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Mackeh

Last time I played was my free month on release day, is it any better or still a rushed out cheap game totally designed to rip off the customer by depriving them of key things like character slots, ship slots and the like then selling them on the C-Store? 

OR

Have they come to their senses, realise all but the brain washed fan boys have found them out and are now giving us the rest of the game for free rather than posting it on the C-Store in bits :)

Are away missions still consisting of beaming down to small rectangular planets that have a handful of enemies guarding flashy things?

Are all the different places still using the same tiled backgrounds, computers, plants, pasted over and over and over etc?

Are rooms still 6 million feet high

Are the space missions still go here....keel teh alien space ships.......beam to station....fight 6 groups of enemy.......beam back to ship.......kill more space ships.......repeat till suicidal.

Do you still bounce of planets if you fly too close to them LOL

Does every door send you into an instance?

Basically I am just wondering if this game is still a festering pile of bullshit that uses the COH engine with ST skins?

To answer your specific questions, basically...

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no comment..

They have and still are adding things. Something I noticed after recently logging in again was when you scan clusters a box pops up where you have to match wavelengths. Klingons have a couple more costumes. They also seem to be trying to have weekly "episodes"... bottom line, the core game is still 90% what you saw before with a few tweaks here and there. Realistically it's kinda late to change the game engine, it is what it is.