Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How unpopulated are the rp servers on eq2 live?

AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

When I played a few years ago i never had issues getting groups in fact my monk was asked a few times to tank, anyways what is the status now is it as bad as people say? I really do not see how its a great game.

Comments

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

I seem to recall an RP server (Antonia Bayle or something?) being the highest population server last week when I checked. 

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

How about lowbie levels? I enjoy grouping lots im just  not sure if I want to play on the new servers with lmiited race choice with gold, but who knows i might be able to buy 3 more this monthy but to be honest m iffy about it, you do however get the exp[ansions for free on the gold membership so maybe it balances out.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by Angelbound

How about lowbie levels? I enjoy grouping lots im just  not sure if I want to play on the new servers with lmiited race choice with gold, but who knows i might be able to buy 3 more this monthy but to be honest m iffy about it, you do however get the exp[ansions for free on the gold membership so maybe it balances out.

You level so fast that people don't normally group up very much pre-30 (at least), but in my experience, it was always extremely easy to form my own groups, so dungeon runs were never a problem.

I took my ranger from level 1-79 on Mistmoore (medium population server), and I pretty much stayed in a group from level 10-72.  There's a bit of a dungeon lull in the lower 70s, but after around 75-77, you should start seeing some invites for Karnor's Castle, Sebilis, and other Rise of Kunark instances that aren't coming to mind atm.  I can't really speak for the post 80 content, but seeing as it's the most recent, I can't imagine it would be difficult to find a group for any of that.

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

My wife just unsubbed however she transfered her chars from Permafrost to Antonia Bayle and the population jump was huge.  Going from 10-15 people per zone(Permafrost) to 40-80 people per zone(AB).   People were constantly on.  No problem finding groups.  I'd suggest find a decent/active guild.

Only reason she unsubbed was she's got the burnout and waiting for RIFT and possibly GW2.

Whats rift, and how could anyone get burned out in eq2? There is so much variety in this game and the lore is rich then again im biased since im an eq1 vet thank god it isnt as hc as that game otherwise i would not be playing it, anyways she was able to find groups lower levels though?

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by Angelbound

Whats rift, and how could anyone get burned out in eq2? There is so much variety in this game and the lore is rich then again im biased since im an eq1 vet thank god it isnt as hc as that game otherwise i would not be playing it, anyways she was able to find groups lower levels though?

Been playing it since beta, when you see everything with 6 80 level chars 2 times over it's easy to get burnt out. I got burntout before she did and this was her first MMO. Yes groups at lower levels really easy in AB, esp when people do AA grinds, get a high level 80 tank and smash through the whole zone or any high level for that matter.

R.I.F.T - Planes of Telara.  A lot of EQ2 Vets are moving to this games.   Check EQ2 Flames for that tidbit of info.

Well that makes sense friend, is there anyone who could send me a free trial so I can try the live rp servers and then decide if I want the p2p or f2p servers?

Thanks everyone.