Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tired of losing drones due to the Eve server having a problem?

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

The solution is simple.... stop using drones to run missions.

Yeah, I've lost a few drones  to disconnect  death, but for some reason my ship is usually safe (sometimes shot to heck pretty bad) and the one time it was blown up, they replaced it for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by gxgunny

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by gxgunny

Sorry, I don't buy it.  My buddy on a different ISP had the same issue.  They take completely different network routes.  Did you read my original post?  Also, I don't have these disconnects in the other MMO's I play which probably take similar routes. 

It does not matter.

Since CCP cannot distinguish very well if the problem is on customer or server end, all the can do is to check the server side, albeit the check will be limited.

Sure, they cannot prove the problem is on your end, though neither you can prove that it isn't.

That means no reimbursement unless their limited finding on server side is positive. There is no other way, sorry.

So if there is no way to determine where the fault is, don't you agree that they should make better efforts to prevent the players from taking loses during a disconnect?   Ex.  When player disconnects, and is in the middle of a mission, kill mob aggro so they don't kill your drones that are left in space.  As an idea its way open to cheating afterall if you were faced with a mob that was winning just hit the i-win button [as in pull the network cable out].

Personally i am suprised  you dont use the very  effective solution to this by now?

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981