Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They should make a full movie out of the trailer

laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

This got to be the most awson trailer I have ever seen.  They should make a movie out of it.  And it'll probably make more money than the game.  =)

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

It is funny, because I said they should make a feature length movie with this in threads discussing other cinematics.  I asked the girlfriend to watch it and the other cinematic that was being discussed, and she agreed that the DCUO trailer looked like great ground work for a feature film.

The other funny part was in looking at the actual game, I also felt that they would be better served by forgetting about the console limited game and putting the money, effort, etc into making the film...lol.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by laokoko

This got to be the most awson trailer I have ever seen.  They should make a movie out of it.  And it'll probably make more money than the game.  =)

Yeah, I think you are right, there.  It would probably cost a fortune in special effects, but it would pay off. image

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

The only reason the trailer was cool was because it showcased a large battle. If this were a movie, you would have way too many branching storylines for each different villain or hero, it would seem muddled and silly (like most serious superhero movies). The trailer is just thus, and it's good in it's own right.

tldr; i overthink things too much.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Hmm....well, I for one think that has GOT to be one of THE best cinematics I have EVER seen for a game.

Linkie for those that may have missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXe8Mw4u1A

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by just1opinion

Hmm....well, I for one think that has GOT to be one of THE best cinematics I have EVER seen for a game.

Linkie for those that may have missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXe8Mw4u1A

i agree whole heartedly. this has got to be the single most well thought, and well done cinematic ever. not only is the fight itself epic. but there are so many different things in the back and foregrounds that you have to pause every frame just to realise the full devistation of the fight. not only that, but they also seemed to capture two of my all time favorite comic book villians...deathstroke and the joker, almost flawlessly.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.