Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathetic is not a strong enough word to describe SOE.

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

God, i can't belive they are going to allow that.  So if you have TONS of money to spend, you can pretty much buy yourself anything.   That poor little customer who's only paying the monthly fee can go to hell.  

WOW, would be soo cool to see level 50 newbies.

SOE are a bunch of idiots.

Comments

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I can't describe how PISSED off i am at the moment... I just cancelled my EQ 2 account and I do NOT plan to come back.

At first I thought it was a joke but i quickly realized that it wasn't. I mean... recently they've been BANNING people for exploiting and selling in-game items for real money and now they tell us that... I don't get it.. Oh wait i DO get IT!... MONEY! That's all they care about....

I'm leaving SOE.. I'm gone forever... sorry NO MORE SOE product.. I gaved you one chance with EQ 2.. BYE!

PATHETIC indeed!

::::12::::::25::::::26::::::27::::::15::

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

And again...

Good-bye, and see you in a couple months.

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Aguitha

God, i can't belive they are going to allow that.  So if you have TONS of money to spend, you can pretty much buy yourself anything.   That poor little customer who's only paying the monthly fee can go to hell.  

.. and how does all of this differ from any other game? You realize that people will buy things with or without SOE's stamp of approval, and have been for years.. correct?

- Nellus

Originally posted by Slackker
    God, i can't belive they are going to allow that. So if you have TONS of money to spend, you can pretty much buy yourself anything. That poor little customer who's only paying the monthly fee can go to hell.
    SOE are a bunch of idiots... and how does all of this differ from any other game? You realize that people will buy things with or without SOE's stamp of approval, and have been for years.. correct?

We know that people have been doing it... but now by encouraging it you'll start to see ALOT more folk twinking out their toons etc... In my opinion it RUINS the game. I don't like the idea....

... ::::16::

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

I really don't mind people using eBay to get ingame items and money. But this just looks like another excuse for SOE to make a buck off people. They'll charge you some kind of fee to sell on their system, but I'm sure they'll still ban people that use eBay because they aren't getting a cut. It is their game and they can do what they want but they really milk their fanbase for every single dime they can get.

I hope SOE realize that it isn't such a good idea...::::27::

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

you guys are alreadty talking like they are doing it.

Currently, EQ2 is holding a thread about the situation and then Moorgord (sp) will be presenting the replies to Smedley

So far, its look like Nay

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

Originally posted by En1Gma
    you guys are alreadty talking like they are doing it.Currently, EQ2 is holding a thread about the situation and then Moorgord (sp) will be presenting the replies to SmedleySo far, its look like Nay

Yup, and IF they actually do it, they will probably make a new server that allows and leave ours alone, due to the amount of people screaming bloody murder at this. This doesnt bother me at all, Sony might as well be the ones making the money off of this, since they cant stop it.

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Pretty sure that's gonna get deleted. Whats the point of even posting that?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Any reason there is 2 threads next to each other maoning about the same thing?

Or did i miss something here?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

God, i can't belive they are going to allow that. So if you have TONS of money to spend, you can pretty much buy yourself anything. That poor little customer who's only paying the monthly fee can go to hell.

Only if your on a server that supports it, which the current ones will not. So exactly whats your issue?

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

If you actually bothered to read what SoE had to say about their "Ebay" program, you would know that it will NOT effect you and will probably benefit you in the long run as sellers would not sell on normal servers. 

That's right ONLY "ebay" servers will allow this service for sellers and buyers, so in turn customer service wont be hassled anymore by people who got scammed out of money.  And will most likely get those sellers/buyers of virtual items OUT of your server so you can play all you want without worrying too much about other people's business.

• freethinkerfreethinker Member UncommonPosts: 775

sounds like a great idea to me!
    with soe acting like the middle man you are certain not to get ripped off for buying/selling game items. if you have a problem with it, you can always play on a non-ebay server.

i think everyone wins on this one....good call soe.::::28::

==========================

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Get over it already.Its a friggin game.

If you dont like it dont play on the enabled servers.Problem solved.

Or is it that you may be a bit jealous?Someone can buy an item you need to spend hours trying to obtain?

So you have fun questing for the item itself and the other has fun spending real money to obtain it?

Big deal.If a players wants to do this let him.Why people get bent out of shape on this i dont know.SOE owns the items in question and can see the market isnt going away.Why shouldnt they make some cash over this?

Oh thats right the big bad corporation already has enough.Why would they need more cash?Why would ANYONE want to make more money?All these players getting bent out of shape and losing sleep over a friggin game is just silly.

If your that upset quit playing and go outside and enjoy the springtime.Maybe some air would do you good.

To quote Mr.Crabs from the spongebob movie:

Reporter:Mr.Crabs why are you opening up a Crabbiepatty2 resteraunt?

Mr.Crabs:I like money!!

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Currently, EQ2 is holding a thread about the situation and then Moorgord (sp) will be presenting the replies to Smedley
    So far, its look like Nay

They talked about this like 18 months before EQ2 went live. They did a poll in EQ asking whether or not we wanted them to run auctions, because so many people were getting ripped off from PA.com. The point being they are gonna do this. Been looking to do it for a long time.

Originally posted by brostyn
    So far, its look like NayThey talked about this like 18 months before EQ2 went live. They did a poll in EQ asking whether or not we wanted them to run auctions, because so many people were getting ripped off from PA.com. The point being they are gonna do this. Been looking to do it for a long time.

Yep, I remember the poll too...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468
    In defense of SOE, they are only running auctions for two servers.  If they add auctioning to other servers in the future, players will be given options to move to other-non-auction servers.  So, if you are playing EQ2 it won't effect you if you don't want it to.  Also,  I believe this is the first step MMO devs are going to need to take in order to eventually rid offline selling of accounts, items, etc...
  • miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

I for one approve this :

i rather let eq II have the money then IGE and others .

this prpblems is in most mmo's already , this is no new news to most of us

might actually help out the markets ingame for soe will undercut those farming cies

more money to soe might actually get us more content for game and less customer service having to deal with these problems which is costing soe alot of money according to smiley .

yes am not to happy about where ours favorites mmo's games are goiing but i think this trend will follow in others games and believe me they are watching image , and if it works all games will have this .

peoples talk about this like it's new , it's not new it already happening, just open your eyes

I see the OP hasn't come back to continue the discussion they started, did you misunderstand what SOE was doing or do you still feel the same way?

- Scaris

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by rwyan
    In defense of SOE, they are only running auctions for two servers. 

They are going to need more than that.....  Trust me.  I wouldn't be surprised if almost EVERY EQ2 player wether they support it or not, pop over on one of these servers and make a char (perhaps even in secret image).
  • i dont like it either  image
  • fawdfawd Member Posts: 367
    Hell yes! EQ2 is AWOMESOME!  If you arent really into EQ2, try SWG, its my favorite MMORPG.