Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What race will you pick for your 1st character? Why?

12346»

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by bazak

Originally posted by colddog04

That's what I was afraid of.

Furry neutrality.

ok answer me one question what is your problem with them and what definition of furry are you using (i am getting confused here lol)? ill make friends with anyone so long as they arent obnoxious or rude or anything.

I'm just messing around.

My definition? I think furries are people that dress up in animal costumes and engage in... erm... coitus. 

ah then u are with me in that one at least that was what i thought before i came into this thread lol now im confused, altho i would also add in an almost unhealthy obsession with fur covered cartoon characters

I am not responsible for what your minds think! imageLOL

I was referring to the definiton:

"Furry" and "Furries" redirect here. For the quality of animal hair, see fur. For the rock band, see Super Furry Animals

Furry fandom refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.[1] Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of people who gather on the Internet and at conventions.[2][3]

Therianthropic characters that morph between human and animal form are also considered by some to be part of the genre. Even certain superheroes with animal derived powers are considered of furry interest by some fans, the general idea being a combination of human and non-human animal attributes.

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human characteristics to animals or non-living things, phenomena, material states and objects or abstract concepts. Examples include animals and plants and forces of nature such as winds, rain or the sun depicted as creatures with human motivations, and/or the abilities to reason and converse. The term derives from the combination of the Greek ?νθρωπος (ánthr?pos), "human" and μορφ? (morph?), "shape" or "form".

It is strongly associated with art and storytelling where it has ancient roots. Most cultures possess a long-standing fable tradition with anthropomorphised animals as characters that can stand as commonly recognised types of human behavior.

It is more than apparent that the other races being introduced in Guild Wars 2 By definition, are in fact FURRIES!! LOL image

It is not my fault you guys have twisted minds and start thinking ALL Kinds of things instead.. ROFL!

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

Hey Devil,

I myself am not into furries...

Though I think your hate for them might stem deeper than just being so thick.

If this is untrue, then I apologize for trying to make sense of you.

<3

• bazakbazak Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by deviliscious

Furry neutrality.

ok answer me one question what is your problem with them and what definition of furry are you using (i am getting confused here lol)? ill make friends with anyone so long as they arent obnoxious or rude or anything.

I'm just messing around.

My definition? I think furries are people that dress up in animal costumes and engage in... erm... coitus. 

ah then u are with me in that one at least that was what i thought before i came into this thread lol now im confused, altho i would also add in an almost unhealthy obsession with fur covered cartoon characters

"Furry" and "Furries" redirect here. For the quality of animal hair, see fur. For the rock band, see Super Furry Animals

Furry fandom refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.[1] Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of people who gather on the Internet and at conventions.[2][3]

Therianthropic characters that morph between human and animal form are also considered by some to be part of the genre. Even certain superheroes with animal derived powers are considered of furry interest by some fans, the general idea being a combination of human and non-human animal attributes.

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human characteristics to animals or non-living things, phenomena, material states and objects or abstract concepts. Examples include animals and plants and forces of nature such as winds, rain or the sun depicted as creatures with human motivations, and/or the abilities to reason and converse. The term derives from the combination of the Greek ?νθρωπος (ánthr?pos), "human" and μορφ? (morph?), "shape" or "form".

It is strongly associated with art and storytelling where it has ancient roots. Most cultures possess a long-standing fable tradition with anthropomorphised animals as characters that can stand as commonly recognised types of human behavior.

It is more than apparent that the other races being introduced in Guild Wars 2 By definition, are in fact FURRIES!! LOL image

It is not my fault you guys have twisted minds and start thinking ALL Kinds of things instead.. ROFL!

also would like to point out that i do not consider wikipedia to be a reliable source of information (not saying your wrong because of it but i would prefer you cite a more trustworthy source. as i think again as i stated before in a post you have yet to reply to, that this is far too generalized

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yea.. mhmm.. you say that now, but if there was one standing in your bedroom while you were sleeping and you woke up to it breathing on you chances are you would grab something and start beating it till it couldn't anymore! LOLimage

They are like... Gremlins!! image

Please, I have a sharpened real sword within reach ( I really have). It would be kebab within seconds....

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

After some serious "headscratching" I finally remembered what Asura remind me...

Furry neutrality.

I'm just messing around.

also would like to point out that i do not consider wikipedia to be a reliable source of information (not saying your wrong because of it but i would prefer you cite a more trustworthy source. as i think again as i stated before in a post you have yet to reply to, that this is far too generalized

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/furry/faq/section-3.html

3. WHAT IS A "FURRY"?

"Furry" when used as a noun seems to refer to one of two things:

a) An animal-like character known as a "furry"

b) A person who is a "furry fan"

The latter is easy enough (knock on wood) to define:  A person who

particularly enjoys stories, pictures, dolls, video games or whatever

concerning "furry" creatures.  Defining a "furry" creature is somewhat

harder, though.  There are several definitions depending upon which "camp"

in furrydom, for lack of a better term, you might be in.

The basic definition for a "furry" is an anthropomorphized animal

character.  In other words, an animal character given human-like

attributes, such as sapience and often a humanoid form.  The term "furry"

is a misnomer, as a creature does not need to have fur to be "furry" in

this sense.  Other terms sometimes interchangeable with a "furry" in this

sense are "zoomorph", "morph", "anthropomorph" or (debatably) "funny

animal".

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Furry

Furry is a colloquial term used to indicate a particular category of fictional anthropomorphic animals. Put simply, a furry is a funny animal taken "seriously" for the benefit of an adult audience. Usage of the term furry is limited almost exclusively to members of furry fandom or other cultural groups aware of furry fandom; it is not widely used in mainstream circles. The term furry is also very often used to refer to a furry fan.

Originally posted by Rynne

After some serious "headscratching" I finally remembered what Asura remind me...

Maybe that is because you saw my post pages back. LMAO! image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3864443/Some-impressions-from-the-Comic-Con.html#3864443

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Man, all you guys talk about is furries. I think it's time you climbed into some costumes and get it over with.

Originally posted by Loke666

Yea.. mhmm.. you say that now, but if there was one standing in your bedroom while you were sleeping and you woke up to it breathing on you chances are you would grab something and start beating it till it couldn't anymore! LOLimage

Please, I have a sharpened real sword within reach ( I really have). It would be kebab within seconds....

Yea.. mhmm that is what I thought. -,-

Man, all you guys talk about is furries. I think it's time you climbed into some costumes and get it over with.

I am not going to furry myself up to oblige your animalistic fantasies!!image

Nice try though.image

to cool man, how much it cost ya? i wanna get a sword sometime in the future *well made*.

as to the gremlins thing, anything doing that in the middle of the night in my bedroom would be subject to a forearm smash to the head (and if i had a sword like loke i would probably follow up with that if it was one of those damnable gremlins*movie*)

to cool man, how much it cost ya? i wanna get a sword sometime in the future *well made*.

as to the gremlins thing, anything doing that in the middle of the night in my bedroom would be subject to a forearm smash to the head (and if i had a sword like loke i would probably follow up with that if it was one of those damnable gremlins*movie*)

Ya you say that now .. but if  Cheryl Cole was standing there, I bet you would have a different reaction. LOL

Cheryl Cole Named Sexiest Woman In The World 2nd year in a row!

Ya you say that now .. but if  Cheryl Cole was standing there, I bet you would have a different reaction. LOL

Cheryl Cole Named Sexiest Woman In The World 2nd year in a row!

uhm not realy same thing forearm smash to the head jump up grab something while getting my bearings realize whoever this person is likely isnt a threat and call the police (useing weapon was more of a finding a upright inhuman thing breathing down my neck altho a person dressed all in black at night would prolly get the same treatment).

i dont take kindly to intruders.... no matter how famous or whatever

but shud prolly get back on topic here heh things are getting pretty derailed

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

This thread has gone too far off topic. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.