Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuestII Server Merge Announcement

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Just received by eMail:

Greetings from Norrath!

Hail!

On or about November 16th, 2010 at 12:00 AM (PDT), EverQuest® II will begin the process of merging many servers with the goal of providing an even better gameplay experience for everyone. Please check EQ2Players.com periodically for any further updates on this scheduled server merge.

Preserve your Legacy!

As a result of the merge, some character names may be duplicates; players who have logged in within the past sixty (60) days will be given priority in keeping their character's name (see below for more details).

As you may have additional concerns related to this event, we are providing the following information (and will additionally post a FAQ page through our Knowledge Base) in an effort to answer as many of such questions as we can.

Server Merge Rules

Character Names

• In the event of duplicate character names as a result of this server merge, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days; if both characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which has accrued the most gameplay time overall will retain its name. Other characters will have an "x" added to their names until a unique name has been determined.

• Players with a character whose name has been affected by the server merge can type "/rename" in their in-game chat window and receive a one-time complimentary name change.

• Guilds

• Guilds with leaders will be transferred intact; however, guilds without leaders will not be transferred and will be deleted as part of this event. If you belong to a guild on a merged world which currently does not have a leader and you wish to have the guild transferred as part of this scheduled server merge, please submit an in-game petition (/petition) in order to resolve this situation prior to the scheduled date of this server merge.

• Priority for guild names will be given to the guild with the earliest guild creation date, with such guild keeping its name and the other guild having an "x" added to its name.

• Guilds whose names have been affected by the server merge that wish to change their guild's name will need to use the in-game “/petition” command.

• In Your Home

• All items in characters' homes will be inherited by the home's owner during the merge. If you have alts that own any items, have designated any trustees to your character's home or if you are a trustee in another character's home, please arrange for the appropriate owner to retrieve its items before the server merge begins.

• After the merge any vendor items in your transferred character's house will need to be re-placed in your character's new home.

• You can use the house vault of the character which is being transferred for storage. The items in your transferred character's house vault will remain associated with that character during the server merge.

• Vendors

• As noted above, your transferred character's house items, including any vendor crates containing such character's broker inventory, will need to be re-placed in that character's new home.

• Vendor Events (i.e. the logs of what was sold, to whom, when, etc.) will not transfer as part of the server merge.

• Until your transferred character concludes a sale on the newly merged server, that character's Total Coin Gain will display 0. After that character makes a sale, it will display the sum of the total amount of coin that such character has gained on both servers.

• Please keep this information in mind as you prepare for the upcoming merge.

Affected Servers

• Nektulos merged into Guk

• Najena merged into Unrest

• Befallen merged into Oasis

• Blackburrow merged into Everfrost

• Mistmoore merged into Permafrost

• Kithicor merged into Butcherblock

• Runnyeye merged into Splitpaw (UK)

• Innovation merged into Valor (German)
Unaffected Servers

• Antonia Bayle

• Crushbone

• Lucan D’Lere

• Harla Dar (Russian PvP)

• Sebilis (Japanese)

• The Bazaar (Live Gamer)

• Storms (French)

• Vox (Live Gamer)

• Nagafen

• The Nexus (Russian)

• Barren Sky (Russian)

This is a customer service notification.

Comments

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

I was suprised about this today, just read the EQ2 boards, this will help alot.   I hope they dont add to many EQ2x servers, but that is what im thinking this is mainly about.   The server for EQ2x I think is already stuffed, near max maybe.    I would not be suprised at all thiers an announcement comeing later about new EQ2x servers.    Not much of a conspiracy if 6 or so live close and 6 free open. 

• MorgaurMorgaur Member UncommonPosts: 196

Its good news for Runnyeye and Splitpaw. Couple of years ago when I played on RE the place was very very quiet. Maybe we can get some more activity now :)

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Suprised they meged Najena.. whan I last palyed about 3 years ago it was full to the brim as the unofficial Oceanic server.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by Kwansei

Suprised they meged Najena.. whan I last palyed about 3 years ago it was full to the brim as the unofficial Oceanic server.

Im on and off with this game since 2006, and thier is a big drop in pop on my server Mistmoore.   I remember the last time I played in 2008 thier was like purples dropping every 10 mins with so many raid groups going.   And you could see alot of activity in the lower zones.     Now its I saw someone today, and wow thiers 10 people in New Halas.    But then again Im still only Mid level, Im sure thiers alot more than Im seeing, but then again the text chat is slower, and I havnt seen any super rareloot pings lately.   

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Morgaur

Its good news for Runnyeye and Splitpaw. Couple of years ago when I played on RE the place was very very quiet. Maybe we can get some more activity now :)

I'm on Runnyeye now and it's pretty active. More active than early 2009 when I last was on that server. But it's good anyway. More players on the server, so more activity as a whole ;-) (I think that goes for all EQ2 servers)

Hmm maybe ill start a new toon on Runnyeye then. Know any low level guilds who need people?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Morgaur

Hmm maybe ill start a new toon on Runnyeye then. Know any low level guilds who need people?

There are not that many low-level guilds (if you  mean guild level ;-) But my guild has a lot of lower levels in their ranks. A lot kept low for helping others (and gain AA). If you're in-game, look for the guild The Eternity (good aligned BTW)

Thank you. I will look out for you ingame (once everything is installed)  :)